Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experts' Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Experts' Mock Drafts

    Does it bother/baffle anybody else as to why these experts from NFL.com, CNNSI.com, ESPN.com, etc, seem to project us getting CBs (Aaron Ross most notably)? Don't get me wrong, I think Ross is very good and I would love to have him if we lacked quality at the position, but fortunately we have great quality at the CB position with Lito, Sheldon, Will James, and Joselio Hanson. Drafting a CB in the 1st round would mean that we're drafting someone to be our 4th CB. It doesn't make sense to me.

    With that being said, let me throw out a hypothetical situation to you all. A majority of us would like Patrick Willis or Michael Griffin. Let's say those 2 are off the board. Who would you want the Eagles to draft instead? (Be reasonable)

  • #2
    If the top guys are off the board, the best option for the Eagles is to trade back and pick up solid talent and extra picks to accumulate more talented players. I think a lot of the teams in the lower portions of the draft would like 2 first rounders, so the Eagles should be willing to move back if the price is right.



    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      If the top guys are off the board, the best option for the Eagles is to trade back and pick up solid talent and extra picks to accumulate more talented players. I think a lot of the teams in the lower portions of the draft would like 2 first rounders, so the Eagles should be willing to move back if the price is right.
      I think it would be very hard to trade back this year. I actually see it as more likely that we trade up than down. We don't have too many needs, actually. But to go back to the original question, yes it does baffle my mind that they have us drafting CBs. But if Griffin and Willis were gone and we wouldn't trade down, I think we may go after Posluszny, Beason, Charles Johnson, Jarvis Moss (if available) or maybe a WR if all of those guys were gone as well. Possible WRs would be Meachem, Ginn (if he falls), or Dwayne Bowe. But I really don't see us going after a WR in the first unless our big board is ripped to shreads. I wouldn't be against trading down, but I find it unlikely that it happens and impossible to predict at this point in time.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • #4
        ESPN is joke, don't go by them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
          ESPN is joke, don't go by them.
          OK, I'll make sure to take your advice, Mr. Three Red Rep Bars.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Are you serious? You trust ESPN? They are the laughing stock of all sports shows.

            You think Sean Sualsberry, Mark Schlerith, and Mel Kiper know anything special?

            You watch ESPN? ask anyone, they are a joke.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
              Are you serious? You trust ESPN? They are the laughing stock of all sports shows.

              You think Sean Sualsberry, Mark Schlerith, and Mel Kiper know anything special?

              You watch ESPN? ask anyone, they are a joke.
              They all have been able to keep there jobs haven't they? I'm not saying I trust them, I'm saying I don't trust YOU, TNewFan41.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

              Comment


              • #8
                Is Dustin Fox still under contract with the Eagles also?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think we are set at CB with Lito, Sheldon, James, and Hanson for this year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We will still either draft one late or go into UDFA to get a CB.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mikesmdone View Post
                      Is Dustin Fox still under contract with the Eagles also?
                      I think he is, but I would check the web page if you want to be certain.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't think we can count on Dustin Fox to do anything significant for the team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wouldnt mind Moss, but i dont think Griffin will be gone by our pick, though crazy thing do happen,

                          Moss if looks like Kearse, but he is missing that speed and bulk, if we were to get him in the second that would be a good pick i think him in the first is not a good idea,

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            I wouldnt mind Moss, but i dont think Griffin will be gone by our pick, though crazy thing do happen,

                            Moss if looks like Kearse, but he is missing that speed and bulk, if we were to get him in the second that would be a good pick i think him in the first is not a good idea,

                            Moss is projected as a mid-late 1st round pick, he most likely won't be there late 2nd.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't see us going CB in round 1, maybe if we trade up in round 3 Fred Bennett, but other than that I don't want a CB on day 1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information