how many draft picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob331 View Post
    The Eagles got lae round picks in 2008 for both Josh Parry and Hank Fraley. I believe Artis Hicks and Hollis Thomas were part of trades up in last years draft. My memory might be failing me but it seems one of them was part of oving up for Max Jean Gillis.
    That is right, and the other was to get Gocong.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I thought we got a little more than that, but I could very well be wrong. Regardless, the team is looking pretty good in next year's draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I agree, we have at least four extra picks when you include compensatories, and it could be as many as six.

Comment

I fully expect Walker or Rayburn to be traded for our missing 4th now that Reagor is here. I don't think they can carry all of those DTs
          Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
          2. Chris Williams
          3. Kenny Phillips
          4. Devin Thomas

Comment

It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              It is most likely Walker who will be traded, but it may be for a fifth, because he is getting up there in age and is truly a one-trick pony. He may hold a lot more value to a team that is looking for a pass-rushing DT. I'm pretty sure he has had the third most sacks of any DT in the last three years, or something like that. I know he is behind Warren Sapp, but I don't remember who is in second.
              I think its Kevin Williams.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                I think its Kevin Williams.
                He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.

Comment

Walker is up there, but he isn't third.

Kevin Williams is a good pass rusher as well, he's a pretty complete DT. Camp_Eagles is right, Williams has had about 20 sacks over the past 3 seasons while Walker has had 13. Rod Coleman, Rocky Bernard, Raheem Brock, and Laroi Glover in addition to Warren Sapp are above Walker. So unless I forgot someone he's seventh.

Comment

Maybe I was confusing it with something else, but I know it was reported that Walker had the third most sacks during some stretdch in time. It may have been the first few games of htis season or something like that. I heard it during one of the games, so I don't remember exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      He is a run-stuffer. Him and Pat Williams are the best run-stuffing combo in the NFL. I don't think it was him.
                      I strongly disagree with that statement. Marcus Stroud and John Henderson are much more dominating. Kevin Williams is on par with both these guys, but Pat Williams is aging and can't really keep up. In reality, Pat Williams in his prime wasn't as good as Stroud and Henderson are now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        I strongly disagree with that statement. Marcus Stroud and John Henderson are much more dominating. Kevin Williams is on par with both these guys, but Pat Williams is aging and can't really keep up. In reality, Pat Williams in his prime wasn't as good as Stroud and Henderson are now.
                        They are the best hands down.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Well, Williams and Williams are very good. The group in Oakland does a good job, as well. I'm also partial to the Steelers' Dline. However, Stroud and Henderson are both monsters and all-pro worthy every year. It is very hard to argue with their overall quality.

Comment

They both have been injured a lot the past few years, but I forgot about them, they are the best DTs at stopping the run, followed by the two Williams.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information