No announcement yet.

Eagles Training Camp 2010, "Inside Edition"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know BG has been killing it on 1 on 1, but how has he looked in team drills?

Comment

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
      I hope its not Hobbs, im rooting for Hanson.
      Anyone but Hobbs, plus I don't really like his attitude, he was out there one afternoon last week walking, and was talking to some of the people near me how its "just practice" in his Allen Iverson voice. Right now I think Hanson would be the best bet, but I'd even take Harris over Hobbs at this point, as he too is more physical and will support in the run game better.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        I know BG has been killing it on 1 on 1, but how has he looked in team drills?
        He's looked very good, its a little unfair to DL to gauge with the no touching QBs, but he has gotten pressure and made plays behind the scrimmage. He'll get beat, it does happen, but he is doing very well. I won't say great, but he's been consistently very good.

Comment

At some point and time, this season if the Eagles think they have a legit chance for a good playoff run they have to trade for a decent Cb.

Comment

Something has to be done but we all know how stubborn this team can be.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

What CBs are available? This isn't Madden. And while Hobbs may be no Sheldon Brown, he was a starter on a team that started the season 18-1, so we could be much worse off. Look at the ravens.

Edit: The added pass rush from Graham and the other new guys will help the secondary out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                What CBs are available? This isn't Madden. And while Hobbs may be no Sheldon Brown, he was a starter on a team that started the season 18-1, so we could be much worse off. Look at the ravens.

Edit: The added pass rush from Graham and the other new guys will help the secondary out too.
                I never said anything remotely close to something ridiculous, like trading for Revis. If the Eagles can trade for JJ Arrington a garbage RB, why can't they trade for a decent or solid Cb? Plenty of guys are unhappy they can't be FA, doesn't mean the team can't go out and look for someone or ask.

Maybe someone like Richard Marshal?

Comment

Also the defense should be much different with McDermot having a full year, and full off season under his belt.

Comment

Adding a Brandon Graham and a Stewart Bradley to that defense is going to make life a little easier on the secondary. I'd be more concerned with the O-line.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      I never said anything remotely close to something ridiculous, like trading for Revis. If the Eagles can trade for JJ Arrington a garbage RB, why can't they trade for a decent or solid Cb? Plenty of guys are unhappy they can't be FA, doesn't mean the team can't go out and look for someone or ask.

Maybe someone like Richard Marshal?
                      I would rather just go through this year with Hobbs or Hanson then grab a CB in the first round of next year's draft. I really think the eagles passed on CBs in the first couple rounds this year because the position is so deep next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        I would rather just go through this year with Hobbs or Hanson then grab a CB in the first round of next year's draft. I really think the eagles passed on CBs in the first couple rounds this year because the position is so deep next year.
                        Exactly, the Eagles have been run in a way that keeps them in contention as long as possible, and realize they can make due with some weaknesses over a short term (hopefully) if it means it will open up the opportunity to make that weakness a strength. Right now, with the pass rush it looks like we eill have, we can get by this season, and hopefully soon draft a top CB which will solidify the entire defense. With how I see Graham and Allen developing, in addition to a healthy Bradley, and our new LB corp, this team is currently only one CB away from being a legitimate top 3 defense. Now the team will have to draft right, but recent history has shown that they have drafted pretty well.

Comment

Some things if you didn't hear. Maclin is said to be out 3-4 weeks if not more with hyper-extended knee.

Giving more reps to Cooper and Basket on the first team.

Comment

Flight Night is currently airing on the team site and on NFL Network starting at 8, if anyone is interested.

Comment

I'm watching it, it's really corny so far though haha.

Comment

Yea, I can't wait until the full contact drills though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information