X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eaglesalltheway
    started a topic Eagles Training Camp 2010, "Inside Edition"

Eagles Training Camp 2010, "Inside Edition"

Its that time of year again, and now is the time we will see our first glimpse of the newest version of our Eagles. With lots of new young faces, (including 13 of our draft picks) I'm sure many of you are just as excited for this as I am. Rookies and select veterans reported today (minus our top two rookies) and will get Camp started tomorrow at 8:45 and then another afternoon practice at 3:30. The Camp schedule will be this way for the next three days, until the rest of the team shows up, when the morning practices start at 8:15 and either 2:00 or 2:45 in the afternoon, depending on whether or not the focus is on Special Teams for the afternoon practices.

Over the next three days (when I can show up) I will be keeping a particularly close look on Kolb, of course, as well as all the rookies, drafted or UDFA, and our new acquisitions gained in the offseason. Don't expect to hear too much about our recovering players (Herremans, Abiamiri, etc) as some are starting off on the PUP, and others, like Herremans, I expect to see only minor time until the rest of the team arrives.

Just like last year, I will talk about what I know, and I know more about the lines than most other positions, so most of my most useful info will be there, though I do have good enough knowledge of the rest of the positions that I will be able to add more than just typical input from a casual fan. Also, just like last year and the year before, I will have some things that aren't necessarily worth writing about, just things I think are interesting or things that may not even have to do with what goes on on the field itself. Hopefully some of it will be a nice change of pace so what I come back with isn't along the lines of a "same ****, different day" type of thing.

The weather this week is setting up pretty decent, we have one hot day Wednesday that should get some of these guys a taste of what usually is a hot and humid Lehigh Valley when the Eagles are in town, but the next week and a half looks fairly tame, especially compared to last year. The forecasts right now arecalling for most days in the mid 80s and not oppressively humid, which will bode well for keeping cramps and other injuries down, fingers crossed.

I will be going to the morning and afternoon practices tomorrow, work has found a nice convenient lull for me at the moment, but I do expect there to be a 3-4 days stretch (at some point) where I may not get there, as well as some missed practices due to my schedule or work, or wanting sleep, or needing to recover from sunburn (I doubt that'll even be a concern for me this year). Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow around lunchtime and check in and let you guys know my impressions on how everything and everyone is going.

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Today is the last day up at Lehigh and I won't be able to make it, working...

The season can start any time now.

Leave a comment:

• superman8456
    replied
    Anybody else go to the game? I was a little ****** up so I wont be able to give any insight, but I plan on watching it on NFL network in the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    I haven't been able to get on much the last week or so because the internet at my house and work has been all ****** up, but I haven't been to one practice wince Sunday, I've been busy all week at work, so I really don't have too much to post about TC...

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    He'll be lining up at LDE opposite Trent Cole, but he could also see reps at DT in pass rushing situations on occasion.
    Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J-Mike88
    replied
    Whats your guys depth chart look like on the front 7?
    Is Graham going to lineup at LDE or RDE?

I was just looking into Graham to see if he is playing DE.... I wanted him badly for us to be the 3-4 OLB opposite Matthews.
    He IS my favorite for NFL DROY, but I am hoping his career doesn't launch til week #2.

The guy is a relentless beast, simply produces, and he is a good kid.
    Wondering if Clifton or Tauscher will be blocking him. I sure hope it isnt Bulaga. We all know how that matchup went last year.

Leave a comment:

• frubulubu
    replied
    Good article it looks like the team will be younger and faster.

Leave a comment:

• Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...dam&id=5445709

Adam Schefter article about how the Eagles draft picks are performing in camp.
    Originally posted by Schefter
    Round 1 (13th overall), Michigan defensive end Brandon Graham: Eagles players are raving about Graham's burst, technique, handwork. Before the draft, one NFL executive predicted Graham would have a better NFL career than Indianapolis Colts Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney. Graham already is the early favorite to win the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• diabsoule
    replied
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...dam&id=5445709

Adam Schefter article about how the Eagles draft picks are performing in camp.

Leave a comment:

• superman8456
    replied
    Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
    Whats going on with Fokou getting reps at DE?
    I heard rumors that it was because McDermott wants him to get better at taking on and shedding blocks.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    That's why I watched it on Philadelphiaeagles.com. It still wasn't anything special but they showed quite a bit of plays.
    dammit, i wish i knew that.

i wanted to see more of Kafka.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Flight Night was the biggest waste of 1 hour in my life.

Why televise a scrimmage when you just zoom into sideline reporters saying a whole bunch of **** that I don't care about WHILE the practice is going on?

We literally saw like 5 plays during the whole hour. That was the worst televised scrimmage I've ever seen. The organization of the whole thing by the television network was horrible.
    That's why I watched it on Philadelphiaeagles.com. It still wasn't anything special but they showed quite a bit of plays.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Flight Night was the biggest waste of 1 hour in my life.

Why televise a scrimmage when you just zoom into sideline reporters saying a whole bunch of **** that I don't care about WHILE the practice is going on?

We literally saw like 5 plays during the whole hour. That was the worst televised scrimmage I've ever seen. The organization of the whole thing by the television network was horrible.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Yea, I can't wait until the full contact drills though.

Leave a comment:

• Go_Eagles77
    replied
    I'm watching it, it's really corny so far though haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information