LB Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Thread

We all know the Eagles need help at LB, so instead of having so many different spots where there is info on the LB corp, I think it is a good idea to keep it all in one spot. Just thought I would let everyone know that Shawn Barber signed a three year deal with the Texans today, so LB looks like it will be a big concern in the draft.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

I don't see Shawn Barber leaving as that big of a problem at all. McCoy can step in and take the nickel linebacker spot, while Gaither starts at WILL.

Comment

I don't see it as a big loss either, but it does seem to make you beleive we will be going LB early.

Comment

I don't care who the eagles get as long as Dhani Jones doesn't play another down.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

A player we haven't really discussed much is Buster Davis. He lacks height, but he has a very solid frame. Just watching him play last year was amazing he is a sideline to sideline linebacker and is in on just about every play. He plays much faster than he times and can do all the things expected of a MLB. He is one of the gems that will be available in round 2, and hopefully at our pick.

Comment

Buster would be great to have i saw him going to the eagles in a few older mock drafts from a few months ago. I really like him even though i have only seen him play a few times.
            Last edited by camp_eagles; 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Personnally, I think we need to add size to our LB corp. We don't need another undersized LB. Basically all of our LBs except Trotter can be classified as undersized. Since we are not adding size to our D-line, we need to add it do our LBs. I know Davis weighs just as much as most of the other prospects, but he doesn't have the capability to get as big as the guys who are 3-5 inches taller than him. I would rather wait and get a guy like Anthony Waters later in the draft. He has better potential than almost all of the LBs in this draft except maybe Willis, he has the size, speed, and Athleticism. We could get him anywhere from the third to the fifth round, depending on how teams feel about his injury, which he seems to have recovered from. If we would get a guy like Doss or Hamlin in FA, I would not be surprised if the Eagles go LB with two of their first day picks, though it would be a little aggrevating.

Comment

Honestly though, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to pick someone who isn't a run thumper, but is faster, and can make plays all over the field. Davis's instincts make up for his lack of size. I've watched both Waters and Davis very closely, and while Waters would be good too, it would be fantastic to get Davis. This season Trotter was out of position and couldn't make the play because he was too slow, we might be better served getting someone who is faster. Davis can deliver the big hit too. Either way as long as we get either one of them I'm happy.

Comment

I would like Waters because he is comparible to Davis in the categories you spoke of, but he is an every down MLB, we won't need to bring in another one to be our Nickel LB. Waters is more versatile, that is why I favor him as well.

Comment

patrick willis....nice to have known ya, PFT is saying he ran like a 4.37 and a 4.38. I really liked this kid and i was optimistic he would fall to us but now he might be the first defensive player chosen

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Patrick Willis is an animal I didn't really expect us to have a shot at him after the combine and pro days he's way too beastly.

Comment

Brodo, at first I was like where in the hell did you see Willis ran a 4.37, but I went to NFL.com to check on Pro Day results(which I haven't done in a while) and saw it for myself haha. But yeah, barring a trade up(which won't happen), oh well to getting him....

Comment

I actually think it is very likely we trade up this year. We have filled a lot of our needs in FA, and have trade bait to fill those holes. The highest we would go would be the 16-18 range, but Willis may be gone by then anyway. All of the experts have him pegged as a late first round pick, but I con't see how that is possible with all of the stuff he brings to the table. Maybe they know some things about him that we don't. I have no idea, I was just a little unsure about that.

Comment

Hey Eagle fans. Greetings from a transplanted New Englander in the heart of South Jersey. I think this year's draft will be very interesting on many fronts but an interesting twist for me is the potential draft battles that these two teams will be fighting come the end of April.

Although they run very different schemes I am constantly finding myself cursing Eaglesalltheway as he suggests the birds take the guy I want for the Patriots. Both teams are strong playoff contenders and looking to fill holes in the same slots - Linebacker, safety , complimentary backs, pass rush impact.

Guys I see us jockeing (sp) over:

1st round potential:
                            Posluszny
                            Beason
                            Griffin
                            Leonard - I know YOU don't want him but I am not convinced your coach doesn't like the idea of a 1-2 punch

other 1st day picks
                            Piscitelli
                            DeOssie
                            Wendling
                            Bradley
                            Waters
                            Weddle

I just wanted to see if any of you guys had noticed the same theme . It sticks out to me b/c I am always surrounded by Eagles fans / media and actually consider them my NFC team since I now live here. Good luck in the draft and thanks for Stallworh !

Comment

Don't forget about Lawrence Timmons. I'd love Timmons 1st, Weddle 2nd and Buster Davis 3rd. That would make a huge impact next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information