Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heckert: Chris Gocong will play DE and LB this season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel very comfortable about our LB's this year. Gaither really looked good last year, Trotter had a down year but I think he will be effective again assuming he doesn't get bombarded with blockers now that Darwin Walker won't be starting, plus Gaither and Spikes will take some of the pressure off of him by getting the sidelines and letting Trott do what he does best, anchoring the middle. Our defense has a lot of potential next season.

Comment

Yes it does, I can finally see a successful defense and offense at the same time. The Eagles have the potential to have a top 5 offense and defense next year.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        I feel very comfortable about our LB's this year. Gaither really looked good last year, Trotter had a down year but I think he will be effective again assuming he doesn't get bombarded with blockers now that Darwin Walker won't be starting, plus Gaither and Spikes will take some of the pressure off of him by getting the sidelines and letting Trott do what he does best, anchoring the middle. Our defense has a lot of potential next season.
        Trott will have to man the middle and be a force there because his knees won't let him run sideline to sideline anymore. He has 1, maybe 2 productive years left. 2007 is almost definitely his last year as an Eagle. I will miss him as a leader and a playmaker, but he simply cannot do what he used to anymore. He is a 2-down player and cannot play in sub-packages. Adding Spikes takes pressure off Trotter in the Nickel and Dime packages, and it also allows him to stay put, which is what Cunningham already said.

Gocong will be like a mini Weapon-X. I have a good feeling about him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

We will have so much versatility with our defense, and with the acqisition of Spikes, I am loving it. I can't wait to see what Gocong can do as well.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information