No announcement yet.

Eagles get Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and conditional 7th rounder in 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles get Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and conditional 7th rounder in 2008

reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!
    Last edited by mpt117; 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp

Comment

wow, you guys just stole him

Comment

Originally posted by mpt117 View Post
        reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!
        I am so pumped too, we just ripped them off so badly.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Yea not a great deal for the Bills. I am super excited for Takeo, we didn't really need Holcomb though, unless he's a good holder which I don't know if he is.

Comment

once he inks a long term deal, i am getting a takeo jersey

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

I actually like that we got Holcomb, now we won't need to draft a QB in the later rounds, and now we won't have to put up with people giving us guys like Troy Smith in the second or third round in their mocks.

Comment

Let's not go crazy here. Takeo was an all-world talent in Cincinatti and with Buffalo prior to the Achilles tear. He showed some flashes of greatness last season. I'm expecting an improvement in productivity from the SAM position, but not all-pro production. I'm going to stay realistic. Overall, the Eagles took a player they didn't want anymore and turned him into an upgrade at LB and depth at QB. You cannot argue with that kind of return in any way.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I don't think anyone was going crazy, but I do agree that I think this was a major upgrade at our SAM postion. I know I never said anything about expecting a Pro-Bowl out of him. But I don think this acquisistion will make our defence in the running to be top 5 or 10 next year.

Comment

Takeo struggled last season due to injury and the fact that Buffalo's DT's couldn't keep him "clean" to flow to the ball. The Eagles DLine has to do its job, so all of the LB's can help at the point of attack. The presence of Spikes should help the rest of the LB's get an extra moment or 2 to help on the defensive end. This was a good move to get a strong player, and I like what Spikes will bring. Just have to remember not to expect pro bowl production. If we keep our expectations realistic, we have a better chance of getting what we want and a really strong chance of being very pleasantly surprised.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I might have to get a Spikes Eagles jersey. It would look badass.

Comment

so Spikes is here...

who do we draft first now...are we still gonna draft a LB or are we gonna get an offensive player 1st round for the first time in a while...

I still would like to see a LB drafted 1st though...willis or Poz

Comment

Willis won't be there when we pick. What do you mean "a while?" We took Shawn Andrews in the first round in 2004. I do not want a first round receiver at all. already have two Spikes threads.

Comment

He said on Sirius today that he feels his best position is WILL. Is he definately playing the strongside or has it been determined yet?

Comment

I really hope he does play SAM, he would be good at WILL, that's probably where he's best at, but he will probably play SAM for us. We've already got two players who can play weakside. Gaither is quite good, and McCoy is not bad so I would rather Spikes play strongside.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information