X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow i forgot about that incident. Great point

Comment

• Solid game. The Qb's had some nice numbers. McNabb was said to be very accurate. That's definatley incouraging. Anyone else have any info on the game?

Comment

• McNabb shines in return from knee surgery vs. Panthers

Comment

• I know its still early but could Brent Celek be our future starter at TE?

Comment

• he seemed like a very good number 2 durning the last 2 games

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              I know its still early but could Brent Celek be our future starter at TE?
              Down the line I think he could be a future starting TE for the Eagles. I don't think it would be best to throw him in at starting TE this season, even if LJ would be injured. It would be best to have Schoebel as the starting TE and keep that pressure off of Celek his rookie season, even though it doesn't seem like it would bother him that much anyway. I think if the Eagles can't get a deal signed with LJ, Celek could be our starting TE next season and for years to come. But this all could be trivial, it was just two preseason games, but they were against two very good defenses, and in one of those was working without the best options around him. What I like about him is his hands and his quickness. He is by no means fast, but he does have great quickness and seems as though he is an intelligent football player. AR also said he has a very strong core, which will make him hard to tackle, and we have seen that over the last two games.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• if Celek keeps progressing and playing great they may just let LJ walk and Celek could start but this is just speculation

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• The Eagles draft players specifically as potential replacements for potential FA's down the line. If Celek proves himself, he'll be a less costly and solid replacement for LJ. If the guy can block and catch with few errors as a starting TE, I'm fine with that.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I'm pretty sure we all would be.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• LJ is a very good player, but he never became the Tony Gonzalez/Antonio Gates that I think we all expected. There are 10-12 other TE's at least who can do just as good a job as he does. His blocking is just average, so I think for less cost, Celek can probably do the job.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Eagles cut J. Trotter. Wow shock factor hits 100. Rotoworld.com and eagles website. A dallas fan came over to me and said our season is done. I just looked at him and shook my head. its not over but i thought we wanted to go big LB wise this year

Comment

• I am very surprised but the Eagles always have a plan up their sleeve, I think possible reasons for the cut is Gaither outplayed him, they save money by cutting him or he did something bad (steroids maybe?) and it could come out soon. this is all total speculation of why he got cut.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• wow. I guess they really are high on Gaither. It's always good when you go young but the eagles have a very good chance of contending this year. Very interesting move though. There is a press conferance at the eagles home page at 1:30 about this.

Comment

• In the interest of keeping things in order, I have created a Jeremiah Trotter thread to continue this discussion. Please post further comments in this thread.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...772#post569772

Comment

• Damn I was just looking at the Eagles roster I had no clue Nate llaoa is on the team. He was awesome with Hawaii. Does he have any shot of making the team?
                                Originally posted by nvot9
                                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information