Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you 100%. However, I think that the injury is affecting his decision making and creating inconsistency that is going to be tough for him to get over. I guess it's a "time will tell" type of situation, and whether it's fair or not I don't think McNabb has much time to prove himself.

Comment

• I think the main problem comes down to McNabb just not fitting into the offense, we all know some of the throws Garcia and Feeley made McNabb couldn't. It also comes down to the playcalling as well, you need to stay consistent as someone else already said, but this will be a very interesting week of who's gonna QB and why.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• McNabb can easily make those throws. He can also do things that most other QB's cannot. Right now, he is transitioning from a guy who can move amazingly well to an even more pocket-oriented passer. Because of his history, McNabb became comfortable holding the ball to let receivers get open. He cannot do this anymore because he is not as fast or strong due to the injury. It is an adjustment. Andy Reid and the coaching staff have not gotten through to him to change his game. It is a combination of poor adjustment, poor coaching, poor play calling, etc. McNabb probably has to go, but I guarantee he will be crushing the league again next season for another team.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• How about Eagles asking for 3 1st round picks. Maybe a first and 3rd this year, and then next year a first or second.

Comment

• The Eagles will be lucky if they can get a team to give up a 2nd rounder right now. McNabb's cap number for 2008 is unpalatable. It was built into the extension to force a re-negotiation for more guaranteed money, etc. The team that takes on McNabb in trade would have to renegotiate the contract. I don't see many teams lining up to give a high dollar long term deal to a QB who hasn't finished 3 of the last 6 seasons and is still recovering from an ACL injury at age 31. Likelihood is that McNabb will go to Minnesota or Chicago. Dark horses for his services include Atlanta and KC. It is also possible he returns to Philly, but that doesn't seem likely right now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• That being said, I am going to tell all of you now that McNabb will be missed. He is the best QB in franchise history. Save Manning and Brady, he is one of the best QB's of his era. He is a winner and a great leader, and he carried himself well in one of the toughest fan/media environments in sports. Sure, he never got us a Lombardi Trophy, but McNabb gave the franchise credibility.

Comment

• Nabb did good, his window just closed, he had it open for those 4 years, and got over the hump once, but couldn't pull out the win.

He is the best in eagles history.

Comment

• His window isn't really closed. It's probably for the best if he went elsewhere. I feel like the fans in Philly don't appreciate him, which is unfortunate. You could argue that he is the most important player since Reggie White went to Green Bay as a FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    The Eagles will be lucky if they can get a team to give up a 2nd rounder right now. McNabb's cap number for 2008 is unpalatable. It was built into the extension to force a re-negotiation for more guaranteed money, etc. The team that takes on McNabb in trade would have to renegotiate the contract. I don't see many teams lining up to give a high dollar long term deal to a QB who hasn't finished 3 of the last 6 seasons and is still recovering from an ACL injury at age 31. Likelihood is that McNabb will go to Minnesota or Chicago. Dark horses for his services include Atlanta and KC. It is also possible he returns to Philly, but that doesn't seem likely right now.
                    I think the Eagles would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for McNabb.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• I am not a big McNabb fan, but i'll give him this, the management never really went full out for him and the one time they kind of did (Terrell Owens) they got to the super bowl, so its just sad that he didn't have the talent here (besides westbrook) that he really deserved

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

• Today's loss sucked. I hate to see a guy like Brian Westbrook show so much heart like with the punt return and just the rest of his game overall, and then see AJ Feeley make such a stupid throw to end the game, it made me feel pretty sick.

Comment

• I don't know what is worse feeley giving us hope and taking it away, or watching McNabb, and know he is probably going to lose the game

Also why does Feeley thing he has a rocket arm like Farve, sure he has a good one, but he can't squeeze it in between 2 defenders

Comment

• Yeah he throws into double coverage way too much, but ironically he only threw interceptions to guys 5 yards in front of him today. hmmm lol

Comment

• I'm not sure why Feeley love to throw to Greg Lewis when he is in great double team?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Feeley wants to have that sweet throw into double coverage over the sholder, right into the WR hands thing. But its probably not going to happen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information