This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Well he is coming form a similar offense where he hasn't exactly been a star since his rookie year. I'm not sur ehow I would feel if he were to be picked up. He would certainly be better than Horn, who I do not want under any circumstances, but I guess it would be better than doing nothing. I do like the size he has, but he hasn't been too productive since his unwordly (haha) rookie year.
    Maybe, but McNabb is a better QB than the cluster **** he's had in Tampa, There's been zero continuity at the QB position there. I think he'd do well here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Maybe, but McNabb is a better QB than the cluster **** he's had in Tampa, There's been zero continuity at the QB position there. I think he'd do well here.
      Very true, though you'd think Garcia would at least pull him out of the gutter a little bit last year...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        Very true, though you'd think Garcia would at least pull him out of the gutter a little bit last year...
        But a different QB all the time? That's hard unless you're Randy Moss (and trying ;) )

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          But a different QB all the time? That's hard unless you're Randy Moss (and trying ;) )
          I'm not questioning that having a different QB every season (or week as it seemed two years ago) has a negative effect on a WR, but Garcia is a good enough QB that he would at least show promise for Clayton, and there wasn't any of that.

Comment

• Eagles cut 3: Luke Lawton Franz Hardy and Cameron Stephenson

Comment

• No surprises there, Lawton had a ong shot, and it was even longer when you figure in the fact that we would give up the seventh for him. Hardy had a gagle of WRs ahead of him and Stephenson was a fill-in basically for TC.

Comment

• Lawton didn't show nearly as much as I expected at FB. We have certainly tried more than our fair share at that position. Let's just hope Tony Hunt is the answer.

Comment

• I hope Gaspherson can make the roster and find some PT.

Hunt is going to get cut, i really don't think he can be a Fb, i just don't want to keep Booker, and Moats, i say cut Moats. We have a bunch of quick, speed backs. Buck has his days, somedays he is beast, others he sucks. Hopefully who ever our Fb is gets some touches, mostly on GL situations.

Comment

• What do you guys think of this idea?

In the future trade Gocong to a 3-4 team where he can maximize success and get the Eagles a draft pick.

Then have the starting line-up look like this:
                    WLB: Omar Gaither
                    MLB: Joe Mays
                    SLB: Stewart Bradley

Joe Mays is looking like the real deal out there and is really reminding me of London Fletcher. He is looking really good out there and looks like he can make it in the NFL. Where as Gocong is a bit mediocre at SLB (granted he's still learning the posistion.).

also a point that was brought up in a blog which is iggles blog, said that Gaither is a bit of a tweener, to small for ILB and to slow for WLB. Don't know if I agree but, just food for thought. He really hasn't stood out this pre-season to me, though I'll hold my judgement until after the season. Jordan could replace him if that point rings true, Jordan is the real deal IMO.

The Eagles have some options at LB with Jordan, Mays and Studebaker all looking really good and Boiman looking solid as well.

Comment

• Not that Im against Mays but remember hes going against 2s and 3s in the PRESEASON. I think he will be a decent football player in a few years Im not sure why alot of people are saying hes starting MIKE in 1-2 years.

Also I was just thinking What happened to the talk of us using a 3-4 package this year I haven't heard much about it in a long time.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                        Not that Im against Mays but remember hes going against 2s and 3s in the PRESEASON. I think he will be a decent football player in a few years Im not sure why alot of people are saying hes starting MIKE in 1-2 years.

Also I was just thinking What happened to the talk of us using a 3-4 package this year I haven't heard much about it in a long time.
                        I agree, I like Mays as a backup and maybe a situational run stuffer, but his pass coverage is pretty weak.

As for the 3-4 talk, one reason it may have died down is because Chris Clemons has done very little so far, and he was really a major factor for us to run a 3-4 defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          I agree, I like Mays as a backup and maybe a situational run stuffer, but his pass coverage is pretty weak.

As for the 3-4 talk, one reason it may have died down is because Chris Clemons has done very little so far, and he was really a major factor for us to run a 3-4 defense.
                          I don't think Clemons would have done good standing up. GoCong I think belongs to a 3-4 team, dropping back in coverage not so great at. I havn't seen him do much when he has to go after the qb, on edge blitz.

Comment

• Clemons will get back and healthy, then we will see what we have. That will happen this year. I think the guy will be an impact player.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              Clemons will get back and healthy, then we will see what we have. That will happen this year. I think the guy will be an impact player.
                              I think he will make an impact but as a DE in the 4-3. How about Mcdougle though, he looks like he might make the roster. I guess he was just having bad luck all those past years.

Comment

• McDougle hasn't been healthy since 2005. I guess a gunshot wound takes a few years to recover from...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information