Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a shame he could have possibly had a great career if he was able stay healthy.

Comment

• I like McDougle a lot, and he has been looking good, but everyone needs to remember that he is going up against backups, and in some cases 3rd stringers. He does look like he will make the roster, but for a 1st round pick he is a bit of a disappointment.

Comment

• Bit of a disappointment? Even though he has been injured, the guy is a flat out bust. The injuries were not always his fault, but the Eagles got no value and traded up to get the guy. He hasn't performed, so he's a bust.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles are better than the Cowboys?

lol, its probably dumb asking this question here, but you get my point.

Comment

• I could definitely see the Eagles not only winning the division, but also being the #1 seed in the NFC. Then again, I could see them continuing to lose close games because their offense doesn't put enough points on the board.

If Romo was the quarterback instead of McNabb, the Eagles could get back to the Super Bowl imo.

I've never been crazy about McNabb, if it's not obvious enough. To me, he's the biggest reason why a playoff team in the Eagles hasn't played in January the last few years ... except when McNabb went down and a competent QB with good accuracy replaced him in Garcia.

If McNabb doesn't get it done this year, it's time to start the Kevin Kolb era. And maybe try and get Anquan Boldin with that extra 1st round pick, to give the kid the best chance to succeed.
            Last edited by Geo; 08-26-2008, 03:54 PM.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I could definitely see the Eagles not only winning the division, but also being the #1 seed in the NFC. Then again, I could see them continuing to lose close games because their offense doesn't put enough points on the board.

If Romo was the quarterback instead of McNabb, I'd put the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
              I think DeSean Jackson is the guy theyve been looking for. When Dante Stallworth was healthy, he was the explosive player they needed and their offense put up very good numbers.

Now with Jackson, they have that guy again. Their offense isn't as good as Dallas, but i like their defense more. And when push comes to shove, Im taking Andy Reid over Wade Phillips 10 out 10 times.

Comment

• I personally blame Andy Reid, not McNabb for their playoff woes. Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are always very good, but he's also the reason why they won't win a SB as long as he's their HC.

simply put: Reid's refusal to run the rock is the reason why they don't have a SB already.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles are better than the Cowboys?

lol, its probably dumb asking this question here, but you get my point.
                  I am not high on the Cowboys at all this season, as I posted in my Truths. I think the Eagles match up favorably against them in the division, and I'm not sure that the Cowboys can sweep the season against the Giants or the Skins.

It is no lock that the Eagles will win the East, but they certainly can.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I am not high on the Cowboys at all this season, as I posted in my Truths. I think the Eagles match up favorably against them in the division, and I'm not sure that the Cowboys can sweep the season against the Giants or the Skins.

It is no lock that the Eagles will win the East, but they certainly can.
                    like i stated in the Cowboys team thread, my main issue with them is that they can still be had in the air on defense.

dline still doesn't impress me. and they lack explosion on offense (albeit theyll still have a sick offense).

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I personally blame Andy Reid, not McNabb for their playoff woes. Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are always very good, but he's also the reason why they won't win a SB as long as he's their HC.

simply put: Reid's refusal to run the rock is the reason why they don't have a SB already.
                      Westbrook rushed for over 100 yards in both 2006 playoff games, 20 carries for 141 yards at New York in the wild card game (maybe you purposefully wanted to forget), and then 13 carries for 116 yards at New Orleans in the divisional round. Westbrook has carried the offense for the last season and a half.

Comment

• I think the Boys are a front-running team. If they start off strong against a decently tough first 4 games, they probably can't be caught. Likewise, if they jump out to a big lead, their D can be good enough. However, I see them having difficulty coming back on opponents.

Comment

• It is no secret that Westbrook is the key to the Eagles offense. Reid realizes this, but he still lacks enough other consistent weapons to make the system work in the red zone, which is where the team has consistently struggled throughout his tenure. They need more TD's off their long drives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Westbrook rushed for over 100 yards in both 2006 playoff games, 20 carries for 141 yards at New York in the wild card game (maybe you purposefully wanted to forget), and then 13 carries for 116 yards at New Orleans in the divisional round. Westbrook has carried the offense for the last season and a half.
                            he only runs with Westbrook when McNabb is hurt. When he has a healthy McNabb, he still runs less than 40% of the time.

Not to mention, when he had Duce and that killer 46 defense led by Hugh Doughlass, his blatant refusal to run and pound teams into submission is the reason why they kept losing in the NFC championship game. In particular against the Bucs.

your stats prove my point for me. Westbrook and the run game shouldve been the focal point of the Eagles offense for quite some time now, even before Westbrook when they had Duce, but Reid's arrogance in his pass game wouldn't allow for it. He only learns his lesson when McNabb goes down.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              I think the Boys are a front-running team. If they start off strong against a decently tough first 4 games, they probably can't be caught. Likewise, if they jump out to a big lead, their D can be good enough. However, I see them having difficulty coming back on opponents.
                              Ironic you say that. I have the Giants SB DVD, and in one of the games vs the Cowboys, Eli Manning is leading the pregame huddle, and he specifically says "Let's get up on these guys early, they don't know how to play from behind"

I guess he's not the only one who noticed that.

Comment

• Why do you assume Reid didn't learn his lesson?

Westbrook had 240 carries and 77 receptions in 2006, he produced 1916 yards from scrimmage and 11 touchdowns. In 2007, 278 carries and 90 receptions, 2104 yfs and 12 touchdowns.

Staley was a good back in his prime, I liked him too, but Westbrook is a much better back now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information