This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    I don't care if it's the best game in the history of the league, if we don't win I'm gonna be pissed. lol.
    Me too, but I will be so excited if we win as well.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• A couple quotes from GCobb.com
        1) I’m demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just don’t see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
          Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.
          To begin, I agree that Considine played poorly. But Considine doesn't have a starting job anymore. He is our 3rd S to come in during game situations. I think he is in because Dawk has lost a step and they are bringing in Considine so Dawk won't have to cover so much of the field.

Demps wasn't in because he was a rookie, and though he has the great playmaking ability, he was consistently burnt in preseason games. It wouldn't have been any better with Demps in there. In fact, Demps' coverage right now may not be as good as Considine's. He showed a lot in camp, and has shown some positive thigns in the preseason, but also showed that he can not be trusted in coverage just yet.

The Eagles didn't have much of a rush, but that is because the D got beat deep early in the game, and usually when that happens, JJ will bring less (key word) blitzes in order to have better coverage. I don't know the percentages of how much we blitzed on Monday, but I would bet it is less than what or average is. We were getting the rush, it just wasn't getting to Romo. I don't know why Clemons wasn't brought in for defensive plays, but maybe the Eagles figured because of his lack of size he would just get dominated by either Tackle for Dallas, as both have good size.

I agree with what you have bolded, but Considine isn't a starter anymore, and will only be in for situations that require 6 DBs, him being the 6th. we won't see him nearly as much, unless Q would get hurt. Another thing to consider, Considine was injured (granted it was his hand and that shouldn't effect coverage) and maybe that had some sort of mental block or whatever going on in his head.

Comment

A couple quotes from GCobb.com
            1) I’m demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just don’t see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.
            1. Hey, we were all (not everyone, but a vast majority) saying in Mach and April this year, "NO DeSean Jackson!!!" Look how that has turned out. Maybe we need to hate our draft picks at first or something, because Donovan has become great and DeSean looks like he can do the same. Like I said before, Demps wouldn't be an upgrade, plus Considine is more physical (hard to say that, but its true). We will only see Demps on the defense in situations where the game is over, or unless we get injuries to our Safeties.

2. It seems as though you are saying this guy has never done anything productive in his career. I agree he gives up plays, but he prevents them as well and makes some, but some of us only dwell on the negative. h season as a starter, he gave up ZERO TDs. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment. I beleive he was a rookie that year as well, playing SS, when he is a natural FS. I don't think this would be nearly as big of a deal if the game had gone the toher way, and it may not have even been brought up at all.

Comment

• Well im not sure where you got the stat about him not giving up a TD his first year starting which was in 06 his second season when he was given the job after Lewis got beat a couple times against the Saints. so in 17 career games starting he has 2 ints, 1.5 sacks, and 7 passes defended. Im not blaming the loss on Considine but Ive seen too many big plays go his way and I really dont like him.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Well im not sure where you got the stat about him not giving up a TD his first year starting which was in 06 his second season when he was given the job after Lewis got beat a couple times against the Saints. so in 17 career games starting he has 2 ints, 1.5 sacks, and 7 passes defended. Im not blaming the loss on Considine but Ive seen too many big plays go his way and I really dont like him.
                I wasn't sure if he was a rookie, I thought he was, but he definitely may have been a second year guy. Either way, I remembering hearing it in the final game of the season and he didn't give any up that game, so I figured that would mean he hadn't given one up all year. A lot of people don't like Considine, I am indifferent towards him but don't expect anythging special by any means from him. I do think he gets too much blame though (throughout his career) as he will have games where he does a great job the whole game, but in a key situation, he'll miss a tackle or something, and then everyone forgets everything else he did that game, which is unfair. A good example of that was the Saints playoff game 2 (?) years ago, where everyone remembers him getting steamrolled by McAllister in the 4th, which sealed it for the Saints. But he had a great day in coverage, (had at least one PBU that game if I remember correctly, and had a decent game supporting the run, but everyone remembers him getting plowed over. It is a shame, because I think he can be a good player if he stays healthy, but he is injured a lot and this has hampered what he can do on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  I wasn't sure if he was a rookie, I thought he was, but he definitely may have been a second year guy. Either way, I remembering hearing it in the final game of the season and he didn't give any up that game, so I figured that would mean he hadn't given one up all year. A lot of people don't like Considine, I am indifferent towards him but don't expect anythging special by any means from him. I do think he gets too much blame though (throughout his career) as he will have games where he does a great job the whole game, but in a key situation, he'll miss a tackle or something, and then everyone forgets everything else he did that game, which is unfair. A good example of that was the Saints playoff game 2 (?) years ago, where everyone remembers him getting steamrolled by McAllister in the 4th, which sealed it for the Saints. But he had a great day in coverage, (had at least one PBU that game if I remember correctly, and had a decent game supporting the run, but everyone remembers him getting plowed over. It is a shame, because I think he can be a good player if he stays healthy, but he is injured a lot and this has hampered what he can do on the field.

Well he will alwalys only be OK at best because of the injuries. As for people giving him a bad rep because of a few bad plays well let me quote Mike Vanderjagt "Ive made hundreds of kicks but they only remember the big ones."
                  same thing goes for Considine he may have done a decent job but I only remember him when he stands out which usually means he made a mistake.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Considine is ******* brutal. Straight up awful. Demps is a better safety than Considine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Considine is ******* brutal. Straight up awful. Demps is a better safety than Considine.
                      We really don't know how he is until we see him on the field, and in the preseason, the only times Demps got in on defense, he was not doing what he should in coverage. All we have seen of Demps is his return ability and that he can catch balls thrown near him in practice. I'm not talking down on the guy, all I am saying is don't expect big things for him this year. Besides, if we let go of Considine, that leaves Mikell as our only SS. What happens if Mikell gets injured. We probably wouldn't be able to pick Considine back up, as other teams would probably pick him up if he was released. McCoy got picked up very soon after he was released, so I would imagine Considine, who we all agree is a better player (I hope), would have no problems finding a team. If Mikell would get injured, who do we put at SS? JR Reed is the only one who I could see as a SS, and that is even a stretch.

Comment

We really don't know how he is until we see him on the field, and in the preseason, the only times Demps got in on defense, he was not doing what he should in coverage. All we have seen of Demps is his return ability and that he can catch balls thrown near him in practice. I'm not talking down on the guy, all I am saying is don't expect big things for him this year. Besides, if we let go of Considine, that leaves Mikell as our only SS. What happens if Mikell gets injured. We probably wouldn't be able to pick Considine back up, as other teams would probably pick him up if he was released. McCoy got picked up very soon after he was released, so I would imagine Considine, who we all agree is a better player (I hope), would have no problems finding a team. If Mikell would get injured, who do we put at SS? JR Reed is the only one who I could see as a SS, and that is even a stretch.
                        What about Marcus Paschal. Oh and can we still talk about moving brown to saftey? Because that would be great right now.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

You could put a pilon at SS and it would be better in coverage than Considouche.

Comment

What about Marcus Paschal. Oh and can we still talk about moving brown to saftey? Because that would be great right now.
                            What exactly are you implying? Paschal is a non factor, he will be nothing of great excellence in the NFL, and Sheldon is a CB, not a FS. So you get nothing out of him at either Safety spot right now, but lose the 3 CB rotation that is what will make our defnese go. No sense at all IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              You could put a pilon at SS and it would be better in coverage than Considouche.
                              Obvious sarcasm, but he honestly isn't horrible in coverage, there are a lot of safeties that bite on the moves TO has, especially the one he did Monday. That being said, he isn't great in coverage by any means, but he just has a lot of things that people pick apart, and most of it is fair.

Comment

• Great game by the Defense today against the Steelers, but i'm worried about Westbrook.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
                                Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
                                PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information