This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLionALL View Post
    Great game by the Defense today against the Steelers, but i'm worried about Westbrook.
    Just his annual Get Hurt and make everyone freak out before I come back and rip everyone a new asshole game. No sweat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Just his annual Get Hurt and make everyone freak out before I come back and rip everyone a new asshole game. No sweat.
      That's along the lines of what I was thinking when he left the field. Personally I didn't think it looked terrible, but maybe that's just me. I have a gut feeling that he will dress next week but will see light or no action and return the following week for the home game against the Skins.

Against the Bears Westy would be sorely missed, but if Buckhalter were to have the success running the ball that he had today in the second and third quarter I think that would make the Bears play a balanced D and help open the field up for McNabb. However, I would be much more comfortable with Westbrook in the backfield (obviously).

Comment

• Well, so far all we knopw is it is a strained ankle, and McNabb has a chest contusion, (may as well just say a nasty bruise) I agree that Westy's injury doesn't look too serious, you could see his foot roll a bit on Tra's leg but it wasn't exrtreme or severe. I'm no doctor, but this is something that he could either be ready for next week or out for a month if the Eagles play it safe, it all depends on the MRI, which should be happening sometime this morning. I think Buckhalter and LoBo can get the job done, just not to the extent that Westy could. Hunt has a concusssion, he may be back next week, depending on the severity, of course.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Notes from the game...

The defense is back. I don't do fantasy football, but I'm sure our defense put up the most fantsy points this week. 9 sacks, 3 turnovers, and a safety, while limiting the opponent to only 6 points is a recipe for a killing on defense in fantasy football I would guess.

Juqua Parker was playing like someone from the Steelers punched his mother in the head. He had 2.4 sacks and was making plays in the running game as well.

Bunk had a great game, as did most of our defense, but he did well as well.

Cole had a sack, and was making a lot of lays in the run game.

Patterson looks like he has gained speed, despite also gaining weight. He himself, strung out "fast" Willie Parker, and that resulted in a loss.

Darren Howard has impressed so far this season. A lot of fans were calling for his release (not me though) , and though I think he gets paid too much for his role, it isn't my money and he is playing well, so great.

Bradley had a great game. He kept his coverage responsibilities under wraps all game, he is part of the reason Big Ben wasn't able to release short passes to beat the blitz.

Gaither was everywhere. He was almost always around the action, he's had a slow start to the season, but he made up for it yesterday. He had 1.5 sacks, I think I saw, and he made all types of tackles. He missed another sack on big ben, which is a little scary when you think he also could have had 2.5 sacks.

Gocong wasn't heard of too much, but he made his plays.

Asante was worth it. I've said it before and I'll say it until all football fans believe me.

Mikell is the real deal at SS. You can make the argument that he has been our brightest spot on this defense. As far as I'm concerned, SS will not be a need come draft time.

Dawk showed everyone who doubted him (I was one of them) that their doubts were unfounded. He still can show up big and have great games at any point in his career.

Donovan continued to play well, despite his bruise on his chest. Threw lasers when necessary.

LJ has been disapointing so far. After hsi TD catch in the opener, what has he done? ??? Nothing. Celek hasn't shown me enough to be considered hsi replacement. TE is an early need for the Eagles IMO.

Who subbed for Andrews? The way the game went, you wouldn't know, and that is just how you want it. MJG played well, and on many plays, flat out dominated his man. With him succeeding in his opportunites, combined with the ability for our current starting guards to move out to Tackle, I think we are very flexible along our O-line and may be able to pick from the best O-linemen available if the Eagles choose to go that route come the first round.

With Westy missing a lot of the game, it is hard to measure how the offense did, but considering what they were missing, I'd say they did a good job. If Westy misses the next game, (which I think he wil) our offense will be able to gameplan better with Bucky and LoBo, but that also means the Bears will as well. But IMO, our coachign staff is superior to Chicago's, and we will have the advantage, perhaps beign able to execute better.

Comment

• I completely agree with you on every you said. I liked what I saw from Booker especially on the one catch out of the back field when he made someone miss and then got the first down. Even without Westbrook we match up well against the Bears because in every game this season we have played better QBs and RBs so i am expecting another great performance from the D next week.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Their defense is still tough to deal with. Urlacher, despite his losses in youth "doo-els" is a great MLB. Their secondary can be had though, but their front 7 is still very good. Maybe we get Shawn Andrews back, hopefully, but our O-line matches up well with their fornt 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                Their defense is still tough to deal with. Urlacher, despite his losses in youth "doo-els" is a great MLB. Their secondary can be had though, but their front 7 is still very good. Maybe we get Shawn Andrews back, hopefully, but our O-line matches up well with their fornt 7.
                There isn't much of a difference between their front 7 and the Steelers they are both very good. what concerns me the most is if Hester is healthy and he returns one or gives them great field position all game long.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• But Urlacher and Briggs are better than the Steelers LBs. Sure Lamaar Woodley is great, but he was the only LB besides maybe Foote who was making any sort of impact. Plus their DT, can't remember his name right now, (recurring themem in my life) is great and one of the better ones in the league. They have contributors at the DE spots as well too. They are a solid fornt 7 don't forget about that. Plus the Steelers were without DE Brett Kiesel, so that may have had an impact on Pitt's front 7, more in the running game than the passing game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    But Urlacher and Briggs are better than the Steelers LBs. Sure Lamaar Woodley is great, but he was the only LB besides maybe Foote who was making any sort of impact. Plus their DT, can't remember his name right now, (recurring themem in my life) is great and one of the better ones in the league. They have contributors at the DE spots as well too. They are a solid fornt 7 don't forget about that. Plus the Steelers were without DE Brett Kiesel, so that may have had an impact on Pitt's front 7, more in the running game than the passing game though.
                    You mean Tommie Harris? The Bears front 7 is much superior to the Steelers IMO. Their defensive line is tough and their LB's even tougher.

Comment

• Yeah Tommie Harris. i remembered it later but didn't bother coming back and editing it. I think we may be able to take advantage of them though, even without Westy, as I have heard that both Harris and Urlacher are playing like average players at their positions. That still leaves Briggs, who can have a monster game at any point, but Urlacher is someone you always have to worry about, and that goes for Tommie Harris as well.

Comment

• The Bears' secondary is weak. I don't see any reason why McNabb can't have a big day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          The Bears' secondary is weak. I don't see any reason why McNabb can't have a big day.
                          That is an understateent, we should be able to ttear them a new ***hole.

Comment

• Does anyone know when curtis will be back or any updates?

Comment

• All signs point to him coming back after our bye week or right around there. We really haven't heard much.

Comment

• 5 guys on the Eagles offense missed practicve yesterday: Donovan, Westy, Andrews, Curtis, and Smith. Not good, we need these guys healthy for Sunday night. I expect 5 to be good to go, but I don't know about Westy, Big Kid, or LJ. Curtis is out for sure, he is at least two weeks away from what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information