This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...y_anymore.html

Good to say it, now do something about it.

Comment

• Well they are playing the niners, and they should pull away relatively early. If this is a close game or god forbid the Eagles lose, my hopes on the season are out the window, and I think if we lose to the niners, we will have a very hard time making the playoffs.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I wonder when the Curse of the Opposing Kicker will end...

Comment

• Ya really, I've been pondering the possibility of taking a kicker in the draft this year. Akers play is really hurting us, if we could get the next Nick Folk or Gostkowski we would be a much better team record-wise.

Comment

• I'm sure they'll either draft or bring in a kicker this offseason. Special teams is a decently high priority. I'd like them to consider something now. The misses are piling up, and it is quite unfortunate. Too many blown opportunities. At the very least, we should be 3-2, if not 4-1...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              I wonder when the Curse of the Opposing Kicker will end...
              I hope so, I mean Akers needs to find some sort of groove sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                I'm sure they'll either draft or bring in a kicker this offseason. Special teams is a decently high priority. I'd like them to consider something now. The misses are piling up, and it is quite unfortunate. Too many blown opportunities. At the very least, we should be 3-2, if not 4-1...
                Drafting a Kicker was actually one of the few things EF 45 was right about. (It was also one of the few things I agreed with him on) But if Akers keeps this up, taking a K is almost a certainty IMO. How is this class looking by the way? (Like anybody really knows, haha)

The guy we had in TC was K/P and he was "competition", but when I was there it was obvious to me he was more of an option at P than K.

Comment

• Sam Swank of Wake Forest looks like the best K this year, he'll probably go between rounds 4-7, I hope the eagles can pick him up in the later rounds, it would be nice to be somewhat confident when we attempt a FG of over 40 yards.

Comment

• I'm not sure that the Eagles are going to draft a kicker, but they'll probably add at least 1 as a UDFA.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• You never know, they have been putting extra emphasis on ST recently, and since K is arguably the most important ST position, I could see them drafting one in the later rounds if there is one that they like.

Comment

• I could see it, but I'm not going to call for it with depth and age issues at OT, a blocking issue at TE, no good FB in the fold, and Lito likely on his way out in the offseason. Worried about those other areas first and foremost.

Comment

I could see it, but I'm not going to call for it with depth and age issues at OT, a blocking issue at TE, no good FB in the fold, and Lito likely on his way out in the offseason. Worried about those other areas first and foremost.
                          And no Cap next year.

Comment

• They'll get it fixed. The uncapped year would be 2010, I believe...

Comment

I could see it, but I'm not going to call for it with depth and age issues at OT, a blocking issue at TE, no good FB in the fold, and Lito likely on his way out in the offseason. Worried about those other areas first and foremost.
                              Our early needs are O line (whether it be OT or OG), S, and TE. Secondary needs are CB, WR, RB, and maybe, maybe DT. K, QB, and FB are minor needs at this point and could be addressed in the last few rounds. I wasn't suggesting taking K early, just suggesting that we will probably use a draft pick on one, most likely within the last three rounds.

Comment

• Westbrook, Andrews, Reggie Brown and J.R Reed are all officially out for this weekend. Curtis could join them.

I have a feeling McNabb is going to pull a vintage 2004 game out of nowhere. Throwing to a cluster**** of receivers, no running back etc...and somehow put up 300 yards and 3 TD. It's put up or shut up time for #5.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information