Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While the cowboys trade for Roy Williams, the eagles sign..... Tracy White? Also cut Tony Hunt, *sigh* I had hopes for him.

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/S...story_id=16435

Comment

• I can't believe the Cowboys got Roy Williams, he is so damn good, but didn't look like it this year bc of how terrible the Lions offense is. I wonder how they will differentiate between the jerseys of Roy Williams the WR and Roy Williams the S.

Comment

• Its kind of lame that you guys have a bye at the same time we do and we both play each other after. Sucks even more Reid is 9-0 after byes. Oh well.

Before the Chicago game I said if we could beat CHI and stay close with Philly, I would consider us legit. Same thing goes. I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes. Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting. I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.

I do not like McNabb vs our secondary. He seems to have huge games against sub par secondaries. I hope Abraham can get a ton of pressure on him. He is our only hope.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          I can't believe the Cowboys got Roy Williams, he is so damn good, but didn't look like it this year bc of how terrible the Lions offense is. I wonder how they will differentiate between the jerseys of Roy Williams the WR and Roy Williams the S.
          Honestly, I was thinking about that too, and since the names are exactly alike, i don't think there is anything they can do It will probably jsut say "Williams" on the back of each of them. It does suck that they will have him for 5 years yet, but the Cowboys did pay a steep price IMO. It is like The one guy on ESPN said, "We can now say this for the first time this year, the Lions won." Ha, made me laugh.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            Its kind of lame that you guys have a bye at the same time we do and we both play each other after. Sucks even more Reid is 9-0 after byes. Oh well.

Before the Chicago game I said if we could beat CHI and stay close with Philly, I would consider us legit. Same thing goes. I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes. Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting. I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.

I do not like McNabb vs our secondary. He seems to have huge games against sub par secondaries. I hope Abraham can get a ton of pressure on him. He is our only hope.
            I think we will get a few sacks, but I don't expect more than three, at the most. Our defense has had a dificult time with balanced RBs. Turner seems pretty balanced, but he leans more toward a power back. I think he could have a good game, but hopefully (for us Eagles fans) we play like we did against Pittsburgh or STL. Even if our top two WRs miss the game, sadly (For Falcons fans anyway) Donovan will be able to pick apart your secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              Its kind of lame that you guys have a bye at the same time we do and we both play each other after. Sucks even more Reid is 9-0 after byes. Oh well.
              Yeah, he's got some kind of magic after bye weeks.

I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes.
              If Johnson brings them. He alternates high pressure games with very low pressure games. I'd be ******* pissed if he didn't blitz the **** out of Ryan though.

Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.
              That could definitely change.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting.
              Again, it ties into the blitzing. When Johnson brings a base four and drops seven, the Eagles are useless against the pass and the run. When he brings more guys, they're good. There's a strong chance Brodrick Bunkley will eat your interior OL. Literally.

I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.
              They have the corners to put 8-9 in the box.

The OL has been really good in pass protection this year. I hope to get Shawn Andrews back though, it'd really boost the running game.

Comment

• I honestly think Andrews will be back, as will Brown and Curtis. I don't really know much about their situations though, I just have this weird gut feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  I honestly think Andrews will be back, as will Brown and Curtis. I don't really know much about their situations though, I just have this weird gut feeling.
                  I hope your gut is right about Andrews, Brown, and Curtis as long as they dont cut into Desean's PT.

Do you guys think we will sign another DT since we only have 3 on the active roster not including Klecko or Victor.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Apparently we signed a LB to fill the roster spot, I don't remember the name though. He is mostly a Special Teams player though. I was a bit surprised when i found that out as well. But maybe the team has a different insurance policy if one of the DTs woud go down. What is the status on Reagor or (other guy)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      While the cowboys trade for Roy Williams, the eagles sign..... Tracy White? Also cut Tony Hunt, *sigh* I had hopes for him.

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/S...story_id=16435
                      It's Tracy White.

Comment

• OK gotcha...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                          I think we will get a few sacks, but I don't expect more than three, at the most. Our defense has had a dificult time with balanced RBs. Turner seems pretty balanced, but he leans more toward a power back. I think he could have a good game, but hopefully (for us Eagles fans) we play like we did against Pittsburgh or STL. Even if our top two WRs miss the game, sadly (For Falcons fans anyway) Donovan will be able to pick apart your secondary.
                          Sad but true, McNabb will have a field day and nothing we can do about it except try to hold onto the ball as long as possible and keep up. It worked in the Packers game. Not saying you guys are like the Packers at all, just the same mentality. Rodgers destroyed our DB's but we played just well enough to get the win. Donovan will def. have to have some errors for us to stay close in this one.

I guess I like the underdog role..makes it a little more exciting, should be a good game especially w/ both teams coming off bye weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                            Sad but true, McNabb will have a field day and nothing we can do about it except try to hold onto the ball as long as possible and keep up. It worked in the Packers game. Not saying you guys are like the Packers at all, just the same mentality. Rodgers destroyed our DB's but we played just well enough to get the win. Donovan will def. have to have some errors for us to stay close in this one.

I guess I like the underdog role..makes it a little more exciting, should be a good game especially w/ both teams coming off bye weeks.
                            I think you guys aren't giving the Falcons enough credit. If the running game between Turner and Norwood is going, it will really take away from our offenses time of posession, giving us less opportunity to score. If Ryan doesn't turn the ball over and you have your run game going, your chances are pretty good, better than what you guys seem to think anyway.

Comment

• Well I would say that if we got our running game going with Turner and Norwood, and Ryan didnt make any mistakes, we could win any given game. Chances of that happening? The run game has only gotten going 3 times in 6 games.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Our run D has looked great in some games, and then dreadful in others. I say there is about a 50% chance you guys have a good or great day running on us, but if not, don't expect much at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information