Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    We signed FB Kyle Eckel, I guess that's an upgrade over a converted HB and DT. lol. Also cut JR Reed, that kinda sucks because he was a great story, but I think it was the right move.
    I saw that. I don't like cutting Reed, however, because that means that Demps is in the two-deep at safety, and I don't think he's ready. I don't see why the Eagles couldn't have cut Lorenzo Booker, Matt Schobel, or better yet, Sean Considine instead.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
      We signed FB Kyle Eckel, I guess that's an upgrade over a converted HB and DT. lol. Also cut JR Reed, that kinda sucks because he was a great story, but I think it was the right move.
      Yeah a two year deal, I wonder if that is a valid indicator or anything. I guess now we know why they went with a LB and not a DT. It sucks that JR is gone. One of my favorite guys over the past few years. It figures, I get his autograph and now he isn't on the team. No more autographs for me, ever, i don't care if Joe Blow from Idaho walks up to me.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        Max Jean-Gilles has done a wonderful job filling in at RG. Obviously he's not Andrews, but he's been really, really good.
        he may have trouble in pass protection if Babineaux is as quick as he is billed. But MJG has been a monster in the run game, and has been good on screens. (Not saying that just because of two weeks ago either.) As I recall, I was one of the few members here who said MJg had good mobility.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          he may have trouble in pass protection if Babineaux is as quick as he is billed. But MJG has been a monster in the run game, and has been good on screens. (Not saying that just because of two weeks ago either.) As I recall, I was one of the few members here who said MJg had good mobility.
          MJG's mobility at his size is what makes him as good as he's been.

          Comment


          • Come on now. Mobility at 360 might as well be not mobility at all. ;)

            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

            Comment


            • Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              Come on now. Mobility at 360 might as well be not mobility at all. ;)
              Watch MJG at 0:57ish...that's Patrick Willis flying.

              http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Watch MJG at 0:57ish...that's Patrick Willis flying.

                http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648
                Wait. Is that block the one where he gets him low? Hes the RG, right? Its all right...

                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                Comment


                • I know you aree joking, but for his size, they don't get much more mobile or agile, if at all.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                  Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • MJG should be a full time starter, I just don't think he's a great fit at LG. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the eagles want to stick with him and try to trade Shawn Andrews for as much as they can get.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      MJG should be a full time starter, I just don't think he's a great fit at LG. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the eagles want to stick with him and try to trade Shawn Andrews for as much as they can get.
                      Or let's not do something incredibly stupid, and instead move Andrews to RT.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        MJG should be a full time starter, I just don't think he's a great fit at LG. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the eagles want to stick with him and try to trade Shawn Andrews for as much as they can get.
                        The only ONLY way we would trade Shawn Andrews away would be if someone offered us at least two first rounders for him. He could fit at RG. The assginments are pretty much the same because of our offense's blocking scheme. MJG can handle LG. I think you are hesitant to it because you are used to the more athletic Herremans there, I don't know though. Personally, I think if Mike McGlynn was being looked at as a LG, MJG should at least have that chance as well.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did it, it wasn't my idea.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            Or let's not do something incredibly stupid, and instead move Andrews to RT.
                            To be honest, I think our Oline situation would be best if Andrews stayed at RG, Jamaal Jackson stay at C, MJG assume the LG responsibilities, Herremans goes to RT, and we get a replacement for the future at LT.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • I have seen a lot of mock drafts that have the Eagles signing Stacey Andrews in the off-season. I think this is a very intriguing idea. He is a very good Ot who is relativley young. He is Shawn Andrews' brother. I think he could be a potential RT. I think if the Eagles would sign him that is where he would go, and if Thomas leaves this season (which I think he will) Herremans wil slide out to LT, and MJG goes to LG. that would mean that we do not need to look at OL in the first round. I don't know how feasible this scenario is but what are everybody's opinions/viewpoints on it?
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • YES Brent is a legit TE. I know its one game but a big game, hopefully he continues doing this with LJ out.

                                Then we can get rid of LJ smith

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information