Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also B-Dawks is age is really starting to show in these last 2 games.

Comment

• Brent Celek needs to start, he made big plays today which was considered a weakness and he stretched the field. I think if he continues to show this type of ability he will jump LJ on the depth chart.

Oh, and I saw something about the o-line, I just want to throw Mike McGlynn's name in there, I really like him and I think he would be a very solid starter for the Eagles, he's tough, mean and versatile. I think he is one of those guys who you stick on the line and he'll do his job just fine for 7-8 years. I also think King Dunlap has alot of potential, he played extremely well during the pre-season and I'm interested to see how good he can become.

Oh and a 3 game winning streak, we're 5-3 and on pace to go 10-6 which should get us in the playoffs. We play a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way with the exception of division games.
      Last edited by renegade; 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        YES Brent is a legit TE. I know its one game but a big game, hopefully he continues doing this with LJ out.

Then we can get rid of LJ smith
        Like you said it is only one game. I want to see it on a more consistent basis until we anoint him as our futture TE. As I said before, he has it all there, he just needs to put it all together. Yesterday, he did just that. Hopefully he can keep it up so TE is less of a need, or not even a need at all.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          Also B-Dawks is age is really starting to show in these last 2 games.
          Its shown the entire season. He can't keep up like he used to and he doesn't change direction really well anymore. He can still really lay the wood though...

Comment

• Originally posted by renegade View Post
            Brent Celek needs to start, he made big plays today which was considered a weakness and he stretched the field. I think if he continues to show this type of ability he will jump LJ on the depth chart.

Oh, and I saw something about the o-line, I just want to throw Mike McGlynn's name in there, I really like him and I think he would be a very solid starter for the Eagles, he's tough, mean and versatile. I think he is one of those guys who you stick on the line and he'll do his job just fine for 7-8 years. I also think King Dunlap has alot of potential, he played extremely well during the pre-season and I'm interested to see how good he can become.

Oh and a 3 game winning streak, we're 5-3 and on pace to go 10-6 which should get us in the playoffs. We play a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way with the exception of division games.
            I do think Celek should see more PT, if not starting. It is pretty obvious now we aren't going to get much mroe out of LJ, so it would be nice to better gauge what we have in Celek. As i said before, he just needs to keep it up. TE is still a major need IMO, but if Celek can finish the year strong, TE may only be a need later on in the draft.

Both have a lot of potential, but neither have seen the field except for preseason. Both are on "IR" their rookie years. I think Dunlap could have a very successful career at least as a backup at LT. He showed in the preseason that he can play there, and once he improves his technique and strength, he can only get better. McGlynn is a tough SOB, and i like that in my OL. He plays nasty, but personally, neither have shown enough to me to show that we don't have to worry about either position. Maybe the coaching staff disagrees with me, they see each on a consistent basis, so we'll see.

It is a relatively easy non-division schedule, but that really means nothing. We were supposed to beat Chicago, but it didn't happen.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCzGi...eature=related
              ^^^
              Just found this, I like the swagger they bring to the team. DeSean and Quintin FTW! <3

Sheldon Brown is statistically the 2nd best CB in the NFL (Behind Aso)
              Last Week (vs. SEA): 7 attempts, 7 yards, 4 INC forced
              Season Total: 30 attempts, 3.10 YPA, 46.67 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

Asante Samuel is the 23rd ranked CB in the NFL this season.
              Last Week (vs. SEA): 4 attempts, 0 yards, 2 INC forced
              Season Total: 43 attempts, 6.79 YPA, 39.53 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

Both ranked in the top 25 so far...BTW, Brown's 3.1 YPA average is best in the NFL by a long shot...closest is Al Harris (3.58 )..Asomugha in comparison, 3.82.

I think Brown deserves a nice pay day at the end of this season. He's given up a whopping 93 yards so far. Samuel has given up around 280 in comparison. Sheppard has been cooked for alot more.
              I posted this in the Official CB Disscussion Thread, Figured I'd post it here as well.

Wow, I'm ready for the Giants, I just hope the Eagles bring their A game.

Comment

• As do I I think as long as we can generate a pass rush and cover well our defense will have a good chance of holding Eli back in the passing game. But what we really need to do is shut down their run game. Their offense thrives on running the ball. They are the #1 rush offense in the NFL. If we can get ahead early and take away their rushing attack (to a degree), perhaps we can force Eli into some mistakes. We just need our O to get consistent drives and do a decent to good job in the red zone.

Comment

• I for one would like to be the first to congradulate the Eagles' own Hank Baskett on "nailing down" one of the hotest bachelorettes in the country. This lucky duckling, as reported by the TV show "Chelsea Lately", recently became engaged to Kendra from "The Girls Next Door". Our feathered friend stole one of the hottest women (although intelligence will really come into question) from underneath the original playboy. Good Luck Hank, and enjoy the honeymoon;).

Comment

• Well, the defense couldn't stop the run all that well tonight and the offense looked anemic, the game was much closer than it should've been. The Eagles didn't give up a sack however which is a plus. Something needs to happen with the Eagles, they're very hit and miss. The Eagles need a decent TE, a #1 WR, and a power RB. But part of the reason might be because of Shawn Andrews being injured. We all took him for granted and without him, the run game has been average at best. The Defense, I think they just had an off night, they're usually one of the best against the run, and as they gain experience there will be no stopping them.

Comment

• The Eagles had zero continuity or real identity last night. They were able to move the ball through the air, but they abandoned most of the run game. I liked the outside run with Westbrook on third and 3, but the 4th and 1 should have been some sort of curl/drag type thing. Put the ball in McNabb's hands. Period.

I agree that the defense's performance was poor. The Giants OLine is very good, but not that good. Jacobs and Ward carved us up. They were worn down and too tired to finish. Period.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I cant believe the game was as close as it was, we should have been blown out.
                        Heres some of my random thoughts about the Game:
                        Do not take Desean off the field.
                        Oline had great Pass Protection all game.
                        DLine needs to rotate more. (I hope we sign another DT at some point to round out the rotation)
                        I would love to see more Wildcat.
                        I would like some more plays to Baskett and not just near the Goal line.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I only saw about 1/2 the game in bits and pieces but when I saw the game, the Giants looked far superior. I can't figure out why we were so bad against the run though, Bradley is a good MLB and had 13 tackles so it wasn't him, was it the DT's? Chris Gocong? what was it, because the team was/is built to stop the run not get gashed by it. Jacob's is unstoppable, I knew he was a tank but christ, the man is a monster. The Eagles would stop him but then he would push on for 3-4 more yards, the man is a straight up beast and the Eagles better get someone to stop him soon, because he isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• Bradley got a lot of tackles downfield. Way downfield. Another prime "Rush four and drop seven" JJ bust job.

Comment

• Originally posted by renegade View Post
                              Jacob's is unstoppable
                              Please, I beg of you. Don't put apostrophe just to put an apostrophe. It's Jacobs. No apostrophe. And in response to Gocong, he's awful. Just brutal. He'd be a good 3-4 OLB, but he has no business in a 4-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                                Please, I beg of you. Don't put apostrophe just to put an apostrophe. It's Jacobs. No apostrophe. And in response to Gocong, he's awful. Just brutal. He'd be a good 3-4 OLB, but he has no business in a 4-3.
                                my bad, I'd be more concerned if my grammar actually mattered on here.

Gocong is meant for a 3-4 and I have wanted him gone for a while (before the draft) because I knew this would happen. He can't cover anyone and he is overrated against the run. The Eagles need to bring someone in like Aaron Curry or Sergio Kindle (who is the second coming of Julian Peterson IMO).

Also, I know a lot of you are hesitant to say this but here it goes. Andy is not that great of a coach, he's been good but he has also had one of the best defensive coordinators in the game on his side which helped him a lot. I give him credit, because he knows how to build a team but as an "in-game" coach there are much better. Last night only showed this with the bad challenges and bad clock management and bad play calling down the stretch, and I like Andy he took the franchise out of the gutter and has done extremely well but I am beginning to think his time is dwindling. He does that every game, bad clock management and bad play calling and it is super frustrating to watch the Eagles lose because of the coach. Now, I'm not sure if Marty is calling the plays but if he is, Andy needs to take back the reigns to the offense. Part of me wants a new coach but the other half says "No, he has been great for the Eagles and the big guy is due.", but with every game the second half of my brain loses more and more faith, but I digress.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information