Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See my anger-filled posts in the Week 10 Discussion Thread.

Comment

• There are quite a few anger filled posts.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
      This team never ceases to amaze me. Never. You're not a ************* short-yardage team, you dumb ****. You don't have a fullback. You don't have your Pro Bowl RG in. YOU DUMB FAT **** ANDY!
      If anyone ever says Andy Reid is a good coach ever again, they get stabbed in the nuts. Period.
      8-8 for the Eagles. Sweet. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you fat bastard.
      It's not just tonight. He has a horrendous track record of poor clock management, terrible challenges, abandoning the run too easily (I don't think the Eagles ran back to back plays until the last two, when they shouldn't have), disregarding obvious needs in the draft, and basically being a dumb ****.
      The Eagles have lost by four, four, six, and five points. Don't tell me time management and short yardage failures don't play a role in that ****.
      Brian Westbrook had 16 touches in the (so far) biggest game of the year. But hey, I'm sure that's because throwing to Dumb **** #1 and Dumb **** #2 is way more important.

EPIC ******* FAIL.
      Which anger filled post were you reffering to?

Broderick Bunkley eats babies!
      Last edited by renegade; 11-10-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Also on that third and 1, the Eagles should not have ran a sweep with Westbrook. McNabb should have made a QB sneak, we should've ran with Klecko up the middle, or with Kyle Eckel. Use a wildcat formation with D-Jack taking the direct snap.

Comment

• 3 things:
          1-Eagles need to draft or sign a fullback or a good short yardage running back for next year.
          2-I hope those play calls at the end of the game don't end up coming back to haunt Andy Reid.
          and 3-We need to win some divisional games or we are screwed(kinda obvious but I am just irate at this fact).

Comment

• We did sign a good short yardage FB in Kyle Eckel but the Eagles for some reason refuse to use him. Last season he scored TDs for the Pats as the back-up FB, and he was a good RB at Navy. He is a hometown guy, he was born in Philadelphia.

Here he is at Navy:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gVzMuXK0o

Comment

• Originally posted by renegade View Post
              We did sign a good short yardage FB in Kyle Eckel but the Eagles for some reason refuse to use him. Last season he scored TDs for the Pats as the back-up FB, and he was a good RB at Navy. He is a hometown guy, he was born in Philadelphia.

Here he is at Navy:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gVzMuXK0o
              Ya the only FB they've used is Klecko and he hasn't touched the ball he's only been brought out to block and act as a decoy for a couple plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                Ya the only FB they've used is Klecko and he hasn't touched the ball he's only been brought out to block and act as a decoy for a couple plays.
                Klecko would be unstoppable on short runs, he'd be like the Brandon Jacobs of FBs. But Andy refuses to use him as well.

He also didn't use Buckhalter very much at all, Buckhalter averaged 10,5 yards a carry last night on his 2 carries! The Eagles were very obviously struggling with the run, so get the guy who's running well in there. Then add the fact that Buck has a good history against the Giants and I don't know what Andy was thinking.

The Giants nearly doubled the Eagles time of possesion as well.

Why does the defense freeze-up on nationally televised games? First against the Cowboys and now against the Giants and those were arguably the two most important games so far for the Eagles.

Comment

• Don't forget the Bears game where a good short yardage back would have helped as well. And here's a fact: The Eagles had the ball for only 90s in the 1st quarter.

Comment

• Also Why on 3rd down did we run the sweep to the short side? And a Goalline runner isnt going to fix this teams problems but it would be nice to have one. I would much rather see a shovel pass on short yardage than a run. And Andy has made alot of terrible decisions this year.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                      Also Why on 3rd down did we run the sweep to the short side? And a Goalline runner isnt going to fix this teams problems but it would be nice to have one. I would much rather see a shovel pass on short yardage than a run. And Andy has made alot of terrible decisions this year.
                      It won't solve our problems, but it is something we lack.

Comment

• A big back would help in short yardage but like many have said it's not going to solve the problems... I think it has to do with coaching and the play calls I mean 3rd and short and 4th and short and Reid calls basically the same play... Not only was it the same play but it was a BAD same play. Teams that are good in short yardage don't run the ball on a sweep to pick up a yard or two why run 5 yards outside before you run 1 yard upfield, not to mention twice in a row.

If they were set on running in that situation I would have liked to see westbrook and buckhalter in the backfield split and give the ball to buck up the middle while west goes outside to draw away some on the linebackers. But that's just my idea and i certainly don't get paid to calls offensive plays.... Not sure Andy or Marty should either though!!!

Comment

• I cant believe we tied Cincy I understand that they gave the giants and the boys problems but this game was terrible. I believe there are some moves the Eagles should make to win if not that then they will make me a little bit happier.
                          - Bench Curtis in favour of Baskett (The drops were bad enough add in the fact that he cant get open and the PI penalty at the end)
                          - Cut Lorenzo Booker (I dont care who takes his spot but if he is just going to be inactive every week then we are better off with a practice squad player up here)

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• This team just lacks mental toughness. The mark of a good team is the ability to go out week in and week out and play well with consistency. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but you never know what you are gonna get with the Eagles and they can almost never put all the pieces together. The last time I was really satisfied that we played well in all aspects of the game was in week 1 against the Rams.

We are a solid team, but need upgrades in several key areas. We need to heavily pursue Anquan Boldin this offseason, he would make our offense immeasurably better. Other positions I feel like we could upgrade are at DE, and SAM. Trent Cole is a great player, but I prefer Juqua Parker as a situational pass rusher. If we could put a freak athlete like a Brian Orakpo across from Cole we would terrorize offensive lines kind of like the Giants do. I know we have a lot of sacks, but a lot of those have come at the very end of games where it doesn't really effect the outcome. As for SAM, I think the world of Gaither and Bradley, but Gocong lacks consistency and will never be a dominant strongside linebacker. If we could get someone like Aaron Curry, this LB unit would be plain nasty.

Our offensive mentality just doesn't make sense based on how good our defense can be. We are way too pass happy, and could use a power running game to wear down other teams defenses. A good defense and a good ground game are a recipe for success. Look at the Giants and the Titans, they are doing quite well with that gameplan. I like McNabb, but he's not able to carry this team when the running game is non existent. We give up on the run too easily, and could benefit by running a dual RB system with a big powerful running back.

Maybe I'm just frustrated and ranting, but some changes need to be made because this team has too much talent to not be making the playoffs. My apologies for how long and unorganized this is.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                              This team just lacks mental toughness. The mark of a good team is the ability to go out week in and week out and play well with consistency. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but you never know what you are gonna get with the Eagles and they can almost never put all the pieces together. The last time I was really satisfied that we played well in all aspects of the game was in week 1 against the Rams.

We are a solid team, but need upgrades in several key areas. We need to heavily pursue Anquan Boldin this offseason, he would make our offense immeasurably better. Other positions I feel like we could upgrade are at DE, and SAM. Trent Cole is a great player, but I prefer Juqua Parker as a situational pass rusher. If we could put a freak athlete like a Brian Orakpo across from Cole we would terrorize offensive lines kind of like the Giants do. I know we have a lot of sacks, but a lot of those have come at the very end of games where it doesn't really effect the outcome. As for SAM, I think the world of Gaither and Bradley, but Gocong lacks consistency and will never be a dominant strongside linebacker. If we could get someone like Aaron Curry, this LB unit would be plain nasty.

Our offensive mentality just doesn't make sense based on how good our defense can be. We are way too pass happy, and could use a power running game to wear down other teams defenses. A good defense and a good ground game are a recipe for success. Look at the Giants and the Titans, they are doing quite well with that gameplan. I like McNabb, but he's not able to carry this team when the running game is non existent. We give up on the run too easily, and could benefit by running a dual RB system with a big powerful running back.

Maybe I'm just frustrated and ranting, but some changes need to be made because this team has too much talent to not be making the playoffs. My apologies for how long and unorganized this is.
                              My thoughts EXACTLY, from the first letter to the last period.

Also I think that the lack of mental toughness could be attributed to Andy Reid, was never a tough coach in my mind, has never ran a tough team (SO pass happy), and now it is transferring over to the mental toughness now.

a couple guys currently on the staff that IMO are ready to take over a head coaching spot or a coordinator spot.

QB Coach- Pat Shurmer, QB wiz, I think he is comprable to Jim Zorn, young offensive mind. Some sites list him as a guy who could make the jump to a HC spot, I would like to see him as the Eagles offensive coordinator. Eagles website lists him as a "rising star in the NFL's coaching ranks"

secondary coach- Sean McDermott has worked with Jim Johnson for about 10 years now and has done a good job no matter what position he has coached. He has coached both the secondary and the linebackers in the past. He knows the system inside out. Eagles site calls him a "top young defensive mind"

O-Line Coach- Jaun Castillo is one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL and he is still relatively young (late 40's I believe). He has been phenomenal for the Eagles and has been around for a long time on the Eagles staff. He seems like he would be a good fit as a head coach somewhere eventually, seeing as he develops young talent extremely well.
                              Last edited by renegade; 11-16-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Lets go after Jacobs in Free Agency! big back to go with Westbrook. I wanna see some toughness!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information