Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First and foremost, we need to get a real fullback...

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      First and foremost, we need to get a real fullback...
      gotta talk up my boy Havili from USC! love that guy! best FB in the country :)

Comment

First and foremost, we need to get a real fullback...
        I was so pissed that we didn't look FB in the draft last year, I really wanted Hillis, as many of us did, and now that he is showing what he can do in Denver, it is proving to be even more disheartening watching him perform well over there. He is the perfect FB for our offense. But with the struggles of our run game, perhaps we need more of a force at FB, who will rip apart defneses, like the other FB who was rated highly last year (name). He is over in Seattle now, but hasn't got much PT. Either one would have been great, but no, AR decides "lets try Tony Hunt..." Oh god, makes me sick. I'm sorry this post is so negative, but with the crap that has been said by Donovan and AR I am just in a sour mood when it comes to the Eagles.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
          gotta talk up my boy Havili from USC! love that guy! best FB in the country :)
          Meh...Havili is good, and he catches/runs the ball well. However, I'd prefer a Jon Ritchie-type smasher.

Comment

• EATW, you're thinking of Owen Schmitt from WVU.

Comment

This team just lacks mental toughness. The mark of a good team is the ability to go out week in and week out and play well with consistency. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but you never know what you are gonna get with the Eagles and they can almost never put all the pieces together. The last time I was really satisfied that we played well in all aspects of the game was in week 1 against the Rams.

We are a solid team, but need upgrades in several key areas. We need to heavily pursue Anquan Boldin this offseason, he would make our offense immeasurably better. Other positions I feel like we could upgrade are at DE, and SAM. Trent Cole is a great player, but I prefer Juqua Parker as a situational pass rusher. If we could put a freak athlete like a Brian Orakpo across from Cole we would terrorize offensive lines kind of like the Giants do. I know we have a lot of sacks, but a lot of those have come at the very end of games where it doesn't really effect the outcome. As for SAM, I think the world of Gaither and Bradley, but Gocong lacks consistency and will never be a dominant strongside linebacker. If we could get someone like Aaron Curry, this LB unit would be plain nasty.

Our offensive mentality just doesn't make sense based on how good our defense can be. We are way too pass happy, and could use a power running game to wear down other teams defenses. A good defense and a good ground game are a recipe for success. Look at the Giants and the Titans, they are doing quite well with that gameplan. I like McNabb, but he's not able to carry this team when the running game is non existent. We give up on the run too easily, and could benefit by running a dual RB system with a big powerful running back.

Maybe I'm just frustrated and ranting, but some changes need to be made because this team has too much talent to not be making the playoffs. My apologies for how long and unorganized this is.
              Agreed. Through and Through. We need someone to go doewn there and slap some sense into these guy.

Boldin would be sick. He is my dream receiver right now. But it may be easier to go after Housh, I know he is older, but he is a great WR (showed it against us as well) who would improve our offense and would be a little cheaper IMO. He wouldn't have quite the impact of a Boldin, but it is an upgrade either way.

I like our DEs the way it is personally. Cole is a top notch RDE, and Parker has shown that he is a great player in his own right. I have been a supporter of his for a while (unlike many of you it seems) and he is beginning to prove it. Abiamiri is back and in his limited action the past three weeks he has shown some promise, and added versatility (slides in to DT on occasion)

I am a big fan of Aaron Curry. I also am supporter of Gocong though. He has struggled at times, but most of the defense has as well. He is inconsistent as a pass rusher and in coverage, but he is a force in the run game. 57 is always near the ball if it is a run. It is uncanny. Both him and Bradley seem magnetized to the RB when thewy have the ball. It is a concern, but I wouldn't put SLB as a major, major need. If we can find someone in the early second day who they think is an upgrade, I say go for it, its worth a shot, but don't be surprised if Gocong holds onto the spot anyway.

This is something that seems like a broken record, but here we go again. We have the heaviest (I believe) O-line in the NFL. 4 of the starters are spectacular run blockers. (Both Andrews and MJG are road graters) Herremans is a balanced LG. He is not as good of a run blocker as the rest of our OL, but is still a solid run blocker nonetheless. Why do we not run the ball more often? Andy Reid being a fat man, (actually a compliment to a fellow linemen, though it doesn't seem so) you'd think he would have the mentality of stuffing it down their throat. Nah, instead he brings out the mentality of his other position, Kicker. Andy Reid was also a kicker in high school, and he coaches with that type of mentality at times. We should run the ball at least 20 times in a game every week. We have a huge, strong OL that can move people, and one of the top RBs in the NFL, with a very, very strong backup in Bucky. It just doesn't make sense. The WR corp is better than many years, except for Curtis, but still, I think this offense would succeed more with an identitiy of a smashmouth running style than the finesse pass-happy, cutesy crap that we pull. If we would hammer out time of posession and take up clock, our D, which is still really ******* good, would be even better.

I too am ranting and will apologize for this unnecessarily long reply...haha

Comment

• I'm still amazed the Eagles threw the ball 76% of the time. Brian Westbrook had <20 touches. That's incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  I'm still amazed the Eagles threw the ball 76% of the time. Brian Westbrook had <20 touches. That's incredible.
                  I'm not... The first two runs didn't work, and that is when AR decides to never use it again. But looky here, once they try it agian they atart wippin out 5-6 ypc. Ugh.

I know there is a thread on it already but I cannot beleive that Donovan didn't know the game can end in a tie. This is the most aggrevated I've ever been at the Eagles organization in my entire life. I have been one of the biggest supporters of McNabb and Reid, but this week really chipped away at the foundation of my support for them... My sister, who has watched maybe a total of two games in her entire life knew it could end in a ties. Just makes me sick. I said it while I was watching trhe game with my friends and I'll say it again... I would have rathered they just lose...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    I would have rathered they just lose...
                    Agreed, the record of 5-4-1 is fugly as hell. It just looks stupid and we basically played that game for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Meh...Havili is good, and he catches/runs the ball well. However, I'd prefer a Jon Ritchie-type smasher.
                      i wouldnt mind that one bit either...clear the way for BW.

Havili would bring another sick dimension to the offense tho..

Comment

Agreed, the record of 5-4-1 is fugly as hell. It just looks stupid and we basically played that game for nothing.
                        plus you can't just say you lost, you have to explain about the tie and how it was to the Bengals... I hate ties in football and honestly think they should try like it is in college. It would be so much more exciting. Either that or play until someone scores, no matter what, anything other than a tie.

Now whenever someone looks back on AR or Donovan's recodr there will be x-x-1. How dumb is that?

Comment

I'm not... The first two runs didn't work, and that is when AR decides to never use it again. But looky here, once they try it agian they atart wippin out 5-6 ypc. Ugh.

I know there is a thread on it already but I cannot beleive that Donovan didn't know the game can end in a tie. This is the most aggrevated I've ever been at the Eagles organization in my entire life. I have been one of the biggest supporters of McNabb and Reid, but this week really chipped away at the foundation of my support for them... My sister, who has watched maybe a total of two games in her entire life knew it could end in a ties. Just makes me sick. I said it while I was watching trhe game with my friends and I'll say it again... I would have rathered they just lose...
                          Ya we always knew Donovan wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but damn, I wonder what he thought that third little 0 in the wins column stood for?
                          Last edited by cunningham06; 11-18-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Ya we always knew Donovan wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but damn, I wonder what he thought that third little 0 in the wins column stood for?
                            MAybe he thought it was like hockey...:)

Comment

MAybe he thought it was like hockey...:)
                              oh god...dont go there.

Comment

• Exactly how long till the Draft?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information