Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine having Koy back to hold kicks. He always did that well, and it was the main reason why he was on the team the last few seasons. As long as he's performing well in that role, I am happy to have him back as an Eagle.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• I have said several times that picking up Jacobs and stashing him on the practice squad and in NFL Europe will do the team a ton of good. I think he has a tremendous skill set, and he should be a commodity that the coaches can develop nicely.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Being Stallworth is still unsigned, and Dwayne Bowe is expected to go around the late 1st, I would be very happy with we drafting Bowe. He has all the physical tools to be very good. I did catch the LSU game last night and he did play pretty good, but Russell only looked his way on 4-5 ocasions.

Here's what Scott said on him:

HERE

Comment

• The Eagles didn't extend Stallworth to avoid upgrading the pick they traded to a third rounder. I'm guessing there have been talks about resigning him once he becomes a FA, but they're not going to give up a third rounder, when they can wait and give up only a 4th.

Comment

• You can bet Stallworth is going to get an offer very quickly, he's easily the best FA WR this year...it'll drive the price up. If Reid really would take the risk of losing Stallworth just so he doesn't lose a 3rd rounder he needs his head examined. Stallworth is going to be miles better than any 3rd rounder. I'm willing to bet he's better than ANY 3rd rounder the Eagles have drafted under Reid, other than Westbrook. Hell, he'd probably be better than any 2nd rounder the Eagles have had.

The Eagles aren't so good at drafting in the 2nd - 3rd round that they can't afford to lose a pick. They find good players in the first and then find many good players on the 2nd day. The last Modrak draft was 1998 so the 1999 draft was Reid's first. Look at his later day 1 picks.

Doug Brzezinski
            Bobbie Williams
            Derrick Burgess
            Quinton Caver
            Michael Lewis
            Sheldon Brown
            Brian Westbrook
            L.J Smith

Billy McMullen
            Matt Ware
            Matt McCoy
            Ryan Moats

The bolded are good players. McCoy and Moats are decent but shouldn't be counted as hitting on a pick.

Stallworth needs to be re-signed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesnt, which would frustrate the hel out of me.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• If they don't resign Stallworth, it will be a waste of a 4th round pick on a guy who barely got a chance to work with McNabb due to injuries to both players. After all, why bring him in if you're not going to keep him? Seems very unlike Reid/Heckert to make that kind of move.

Comment

• oh they already talked about why stallworth was a good fit and one of the main reasons was his age. they were excited about him making an impact for years to come, and likely the rest of mcnabb's career. now the eagles have a solid corp of young recievers who all have big play ability. i think its stallworth, brown, baskett next season.
                sig by Frisco49ers, the man

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

Comment

• If I think I have any idea about Andy Reid and Heckert, they're stalling on the deal to avoid the upgrade, or they're focused on the playoffs right now and will deal with Dante after the season. I would be shocked not to see him back next season as WR1/2 with Brown.

Comment

• On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                      On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?
                      Yah, I'd have to agree with you. More often then not when the conferance is as wide open as it is, the team with the less pressure or the underdog comes through. Hopefully Reid keeps them in check though

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                        On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?
                        yeah! even on cold pizza both skip bayless and the new guy that replaced woody paige played out the playoffs and BOTH have philadelphia playing san diego and losing in the superbowl.

i think its the popular pick b/c at this point in time philadelphia has emerged as the premiere team in the NFC besides the saints, who are clearly playing on emotion, and almost lost to the eagles earlier this season. i think the toughest game of the run will be the first one. i think playing on the road in new orleans is going to be easier than playing the new york giants for a THIRD time. i'm not looking past this game yet, so i'm not gonna even humor the thought of a superbowl. i just hope the seahawks dont finally come around now.

Comment

• They say the rule is, "pick the team with the best defense or the hottest team". The Bears have the most talented defense, but the Eagles have been hottest. I can see why the Eagles are a hot pick, but I'm very nervous about the attention. I almost feel like it will jinx the team...

Comment

• Damn it I hate all this media attention, just let the Eagles do their business, and if they do well, then we can all call them a wonderful cinderella story.

Comment

• its still the saints conference to lose as far as i'm concerned, and am treating this like i did the last 5 games

Comment

• What a game. Suck that Lito dislocated his elbow, but he'll be back.

Westbrook is jesus.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information