Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Reid must go this off-season, his system is definitely not working, and definitely does not fit our personnel. I would like to see McNabb come back for one more year at least, but I think if Reid goes McNabb's out too. Kolb is awful, and I don't trust him with the reigns to this team at all. Personally I would love to bring in Matt Cassel to manage the game, get a big short yardage back, and become a smashmouth football team. Bill Cowher's available after all ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
      i just dont see the "it" factor in Kolb that i saw in McNabb when he came into the league, you just watched McNabb when he was younger and you knew he was going to be the guy.
      You were able to condense my overly long diluted statement into a mush shorter, prettier version.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Well umm, I guess the Eagles shut them down pretty well on Thanksgiving. Running game was good, Donovan looked sharp. Our Run D was excelent (against a poor running team), and our secondary played a great game without (arguably) our best CB. This team is just so inconsistent sometimes. As sad as it is to say, the season is already over unfortunately. They will need to win out, and I just can't see them doing that. If they really hand it to the Giants, then maybe, but I certainly don't expect the Eagles to play the Giants like they did the Cards. Only time will tell. I'm rooting them on nonetheless, but I have a bad feeling that it is all for not...

Comment

• Asante Samuel is not arguably the best corner. He's the best ball-hawk, but he's not the best corner.

Lito Sheppard is ******* awful this year.

Comment

• Yep, Lito let up all 3 TDs and the long pass to Fitz, I was glad we started Hanson over him with Samuel out.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              You were able to condense my overly long diluted statement into a mush shorter, prettier version.
              thank you my friend :)

But like you said in your next post, it was kinda frustating to watch us play the Cards, because i couldnt help but say "where was this all year?" because if we were to play like that on a consistent basis we would be pretty damn tough.

Comment

• The Eagles won because they were able to keep the offensive on the field and give the defense a break, unlike the Ravens game.

If the Eagles can do this against a good Defense then it would be something, but the Cards defense isn't all that.

Still good job by the Eagles defense stoping the cards passing attack
                Last edited by brat316; 11-29-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  The Eagles won because they were able to keep the offensive on the field and give the defense a break, unlike the Ravens game.

If the Eagles can do this against a good Defense they it would be something, but the Cards defense isn't all that.

Still good job by the Eagles defense stoping the cards passing attack
                  i agree, i just hope that they can play like this on a consistent basis.

Comment

• BTW guys Quintin Demps played a great game on Thursday he played 4th CB, SS and a few FS plays and he was great out there. I really like him and I have felt like the Eagles got a steal since training camp. Good kick returner and he could be the future FS of the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Asante Samuel is not arguably the best corner. He's the best ball-hawk, but he's not the best corner.

Lito Sheppard is ******* awful this year.
                      Absolutely, on both counts. I had noticed about two months ago that Hanson was seeing a lot more time at Nickel than Lito was, and doing a damn good job to this point. I am beginning to think that Lito may be gone, I just wonder what we may get for him...

Comment

• Originally posted by renegade View Post
                        BTW guys Quintin Demps played a great game on Thursday he played 4th CB, SS and a few FS plays and he was great out there. I really like him and I have felt like the Eagles got a steal since training camp. Good kick returner and he could be the future FS of the Eagles.
                        I had noticed he is beginning to get more time on defense and is doing a decent job. It is hard to entrust him as our future FS right now, so I still say that if a guy like William Moore or Taylor Mays is available we should pick them, but he (Demps) certainly isn't a bad option either. Perhaps if we see more of him in the next month or if Andy or Jim say something regarding him in the off-season then I will have more confidence than I do now, but right now It is just too hard to tell. Keep in mind we were saying the same things last year about Brent Celek, and it is pretty obvious that he is not a starter at TE for the future.

On a side note, Quentin Mikell is a tank. I love him and am glad he is getting his chance. Well overdue. I met him at training camp and he is so soft spoken and just really generous and sounds really intelligent. You wouldn't think they are the same person with the way his demeanor changes on the field. He is leading the defense in tackles with 133, 90 of which are solo. He has at least two picks that I know of, and a few defneded passes and big hits. He has made an impact in every aspect of our defense, and it is a testament to his hard work and it is finally paying off for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
                          i agree, i just hope that they can play like this on a consistent basis.
                          I doubt it will happen. If one thing is consistent with the Eagles this season, it is that they are inconsistent.

Comment

• The Giants are absolutely reeling from the Plax/Pierce situation. While this won't impact them from a talent standpoint, they are distracted. The Eagles were able to hang with them for most of the last game. With extra rest, it is possible that the team can come through with the win here. Season is on the line...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              The Giants are absolutely reeling from the Plax/Pierce situation. While this won't impact them from a talent standpoint, they are distracted. The Eagles were able to hang with them for most of the last game. With extra rest, it is possible that the team can come through with the win here. Season is on the line...
                              Neither Plax nor Pierce were the reason the Eagles lost the last game.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Absolutely, on both counts. I had noticed about two months ago that Hanson was seeing a lot more time at Nickel than Lito was, and doing a damn good job to this point. I am beginning to think that Lito may be gone, I just wonder what we may get for him...
                                Lito is so damn inconsistent. He played some good football last season (he did a good job covering TO and Randy Moss), but as usual, he follows a good season with a bad one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information