This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    Congrats on the win guys. Very close game, well fought. The stats down the line were damn near equal, and it reflected itself on the scoreboard. Philly was the better team that day, and deserved to win.
    Appreciate the kudos, BBC. I think the Giants played much better than I expected, but they just didn't have enough firepower to seal the deal when it mattered. 3 possessions in the first quarter inside the Eagles 50, zero points...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
      This draft is getting so deep with all these players declaring, I hope more do so there's a higher chance that some quality players are there in the late 20's. I'm pumped
      We haven't even seen the major rush that's going to come after the national championship game. There are a bunch of players on both of these teams to look at for next season. I'm confident the Eagles can get an impact player at their draft spot. If not, they'll trade back and reload. The team needs to get younger at DE (Kearse and Howard are older), ILB, and safety.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
        Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
        ...Says the fan of the most undisciplined team in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
          Originally posted by Number 10
          Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.
          Now, now, let's not disrespect the Bengals and Raiders fans out there...

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
            Originally posted by Go_Eagles77

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
              Originally posted by bsaza2358
              Originally posted by Go_Eagles77

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals.
              Don't mess with the Giants fans after a tough loss. These guys are generally stand up kind of fans and good posters. Jug, #10, and BBD are awesome guys. Keep it more good natured than anything else.

Comment

• With all the early entries, the draft is turning out to look real good. Here's my list, using players that aren't lock top 10s.

1 FS Reggie Nelson
                2 FS Laron Landry
                3 ILB Patrick Willis
                4a FS Michael Griffin
                4b CB Darrelle Revis
                6 SLB Lawrence Timmons
                7 WR Sidney Rice
                8 RT Levi Brown
                9 RT Joe Staley
                10 WR Ted Ginn
                11 FS Eric Weddle

Of course, Nelson and Landry would play SS first.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.

Comment

• Please don't get Reggie Nelson. We need him! OH DEAR GOD WE NEED HIM!!!

But seriously, I think Laron Landry fits the bill more. Dawkins could mold him better than Reggie. Landry has potential to be a Dawkins clone, whereas Reggie seems to be more of an Ed Reed.

Either would be a great choice though. But with the depth at safety this year, I have a feeling you land Griffin in the 2nd round and go LB in the first.

Comment

I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.
                      Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.

Comment

Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.
                        Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.
                          Really? I always thought that Abriamiri/Spencer is more of the Eagle mold than Woodley. You guys like quick speedsters, and Woodley is a bullrusher type like Hali.

Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE. He has great technique, the only thing that he needs to work on is speed and strength. Both I think can be attained with some good offseason lifting and if he loses 15 pounds.

If the Giants didn't have our Ends, id be eyeing Woodley as a LE.

Comment

• With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.

Comment

With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.
                              Knowing Andy Reid's love for trench players, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you go DE in round 1. Although I definately feel a quality DE could be had in round 2.

Griffin is a round 2 guy as well, and that fills the SS need.

And Earl Everett fills an OLB need, and he's a round 2 talent.

So basically, alot of your needs can be filled in round 2. I wouldn't be suprised if the Eagles trade their round 1 for multiple round 2 picks. Theyre stuck in a bad part of round 1 anyway, and would benefit from an extra 2.

You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.

Comment

Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE.
                                Woodley isn't fast but he's a lot like Derrick Burgess.

I'd agree that Griffin is a round 2 player but I doubt he'll be there at pick 58+.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information