This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Mike Hart was second in the Big 10 in rushing as a junior. He was clearly a superior prospect to guys like your beloved Tony Hunt, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Wells etc...
    What does Hart have anything to do with this?
    Last edited by twista6002; 03-07-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Mike Hart was second in the Big 10 in rushing as a junior. He was clearly a superior prospect to guys like your beloved Tony Hunt, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Wells etc...
      Mike Hart: 1,562 yards, 4.9 YPC 14 TD
      Tony Hunt: 1,386, 5.0 YPC, 11 TD
      Rashard Mendenhall: 640 yards, 8.2 YPC 5 TD

Essentially the only difference is the number of carries, and Hart did this with one of the better offensive line prospects I've ever seen. You get an A for effort though ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
        Iowa's offensive line has about as many NFL prospects as Ohio State's, and even though he sucked at pass pro, Alex Boone was still a decent run blocker.
        Iowa's offensive line was 50x better than Ohio State. This isn't up for debate.

Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
        Mike Hart: 1,562 yards, 4.9 YPC 14 TD
        Tony Hunt: 1,386, 5.0 YPC, 11 TD
        Rashard Mendenhall: 640 yards, 8.2 YPC 5 TD

Essentially the only difference is the number of carries, and Hart did this with one of the better offensive line prospects I've ever seen. You get an A for effort though ;)
        Yeah, but he led the conference in rushing. That automatically means he's the best pro prospect, right? Kliff Kingsbury was a better pro prospect than everyone else because he threw for the most yards, right?

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Why don't you tell me more about this thread I allegedly posted in?
        Still waiting...

Comment

Iowa's offensive line was 50x better than Ohio State. This isn't up for debate.
          LOL I hope you're not serious.

Yeah, but he led the conference in rushing. That automatically means he's the best pro prospect, right? Kliff Kingsbury was a better pro prospect than everyone else because he threw for the most yards, right?
          I don't understand the point you're making here.

Comment

LOL I hope you're not serious.
            I am. Why do you assume I'm not? Just because Ohio State was a better team doesn't mean that they have a better OL. Iowa's OL gave up less sacks despite 53 more pass attempts. Iowa's OL averaged 0.13 more yards per carry. Bryan Bulaga and Seth Olsen of Iowa were both significantly better than any OL that OSU had. Iowa had two OL make the All-Big 10 team and OSU had one (Boone, which we both know was a crock of ****).

I don't understand the point you're making here.
            Jesus, how dense are you? You're making the case that Greene is a better prospect than Wells because he had better stats. What I'm trying to explain to you is that better stats don't always correlate with better pro prospect.

Find where I posted yet? You seem to have magically edited that quote out.

Comment

I am. Why do you assume I'm not? Just because Ohio State was a better team doesn't mean that they have a better OL. Iowa's OL gave up less sacks despite 53 more pass attempts. Iowa's OL averaged 0.13 more yards per carry. Bryan Bulaga and Seth Olsen of Iowa were both significantly better than any OL that OSU had. Iowa had two OL make the All-Big 10 team and OSU had one (Boone, which we both know was a crock of ****).

Jesus, how dense are you? You're making the case that Greene is a better prospect than Wells because he had better stats. What I'm trying to explain to you is that better stats don't always correlate with better pro prospect.

Find where I posted yet? You seem to have magically edited that quote out.
              .13 more YPC! STOP THE PRESSES!

And Greene's YPC was still greater than a .13 difference from Wells.

Oh and Wells had a QB teams had to gameplan around, whereas Greene was the entire Iowa offense, and he still had a better year. Wells had Robiskie and Pryor. Greene had um...Richard Stanzi and um Derrell Koulianos. Basically guys that would be on the bench at OSU.

And to get to your point about Hart, the only difference between him and Hunt and Mendenhall was carries. Hunt had a slightly better year in terms of YPC and Mendenhall easily eclipses him in that category. And Hart did that with one of the best run blocking lineman I've ever seen in college.

Oh and sorry about accusing you of posting in my Greene > Beanie thread, but with the way you act when either name is mentioned, you couldn't blame me.

Comment

.13 more YPC! STOP THE PRESSES!

And Greene's YPC was still greater than a .13 difference from Wells.
                Again, Greene got to play against an absolutely awful out of conference schedule.

Oh and Wells had a QB teams had to gameplan around
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA that's ******* epic. Yeah, teams gameplan around true freshman QBs all the time. You fail.

whereas Greene was the entire Iowa offense, and he still had a better year. Wells had Robiskie and Pryor. Greene had um...Richard Stanzi and um Derrell Koulianos. Basically guys that would be on the bench at OSU.
                Koulianos- 44 catches, 639 yards, 14.5 ypc, 3 TD
                Robiskie- 42 catches, 535 yards, 12.7 ypc, 8 TD

Iowa had three guys with at least 34 receptions. Ohio State had one. Iowa had six guys with double-digit receptions. Ohio State had five. Pryor and Stanzi were basically a wash throwing the ball.

And to get to your point about Hart, the only difference between him and Hunt and Mendenhall was carries. Hunt had a slightly better year in terms of YPC and Mendenhall easily eclipses him in that category. And Hart did that with one of the best run blocking lineman I've ever seen in college.
                Super. Jake Long was great. Did you ever bother watching the other four OL? Dog ****. Absolute crappiness.

Oh and sorry about accusing you of posting in my Greene > Beanie thread, but with the way you act when either name is mentioned, you couldn't blame me.
                So in the end, you've done nothing to refute your belief that the best way to determine who the better prospect is stems purely from collegiate stats. You'd probably draft Timmy Chang #1 overall.

Comment

Again, Greene got to play against an absolutely awful out of conference schedule.
                  Common opponents

Minnesota
                  Wells: 17-106-0
                  Greene: 22-144-2

Wisconsin:
                  Wells: 22-168-1
                  Greene: 25-217-4

Purdue
                  Wells: 22-94-0
                  Greene: 30-211-2

Michigan State
                  Wells: 31-140-2
                  Greene: 30-157-0

Penn State
                  Wells: 22-55-0
                  Greene: 28-117-2

Northwestern
                  Wells: 28-140-2
                  Greene: 21-159-1

Illinois
                  Wells: 24-143-1
                  Greene: 21-103-1

Total stats against common opponents (7 games)
                  Wells: 166 carries, 846 yards, 6 TD, 5.10 YPC
                  Greene: 177 carries, 1,089, 12 TD, 6.15 YPC

That's a pretty vast difference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA that's ******* epic. Yeah, teams gameplan around true freshman QBs all the time. You fail.
                  Big 10 defenses aren't stupid. Pryor isn't your average freshman QB. Believe me, he was taken into consideration every week when a team was gameplanning. And even if he isn't as great as advertised, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to be more worried about him than Richard Stanzi.

Koulianos- 44 catches, 639 yards, 14.5 ypc, 3 TD
                  Robiskie- 42 catches, 535 yards, 12.7 ypc, 8 TD

Iowa had three guys with at least 34 receptions. Ohio State had one. Iowa had six guys with double-digit receptions. Ohio State had five. Pryor and Stanzi were basically a wash throwing the ball.
                  Iowa as a team also threw the ball 53 more times than OSU.

Super. Jake Long was great. Did you ever bother watching the other four OL? Dog ****. Absolute crappiness.
                  And Michigan still had as many NFL prospects on its line as PSU. And Jake Long is a hell of a lot better than Levi Brown.

So in the end, you've done nothing to refute your belief that the best way to determine who the better prospect is stems purely from collegiate stats. You'd probably draft Timmy Chang #1 overall.
                  Way to be a simpleton. Chang played in a pass-happy gimmick offense against no real competition. If you were to tell me 2 guys played in similar offenses against the same competition and one was vastly better, I'd take him.

Comment

• Jeez guys, ever heard of the draft thread? I don't want either of them, Shady FTW!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Jeez guys, ever heard of the draft thread? I don't want either of them, Shady FTW!
                      Yes I agree.

Comment

• I'll take Knowshon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                          I'll take Knowshon.
                          Ditto...........

Comment

• Can't go wrong with Moreno or McCoy. Just for the love of god no Wells

Comment

• Personally I'm fine with all 3. Any combo of Wells, Moreno, McCoy, Oher, Pettigrew, Britton, Nicks and Britt is fine with me in the first.

Comment

• I know it's very unlikely, but Moreno and Nicks in the 1st would be amazing and give me a tingly feeling in my pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information