Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how you feel about the current line situation, but to me Britton is more of a RT than LT. I watched him in HS and he always had feet that were a tad slow. Strong as an ox though. He could play guard too IMO. I just don't see him panning out as a LT. If we really want an LT this draft, we should try to trade for Monroe or J. Smith. Beaty isn't a 1st rounder. If not a LT, but still a lineman, we can probably sit and wait for Oher or Britton, maybe A. Smith or Mack.

Comment

• Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
      I don't know how you feel about the current line situation, but to me Britton is more of a RT than LT. I watched him in HS and he always had feet that were a tad slow. Strong as an ox though. He could play guard too IMO. I just don't see him panning out as a LT. If we really want an LT this draft, we should try to trade for Monroe or J. Smith. Beaty isn't a 1st rounder. If not a LT, but still a lineman, we can probably sit and wait for Oher or Britton, maybe A. Smith or Mack.
      OK I agree that Britton is more of a RT but Beatty isn't a LT?

Wow. He is one of my favorites. He has the feet, quickness, long arms and technique to keep most pass rushers at bay. All he needs to do is get stronger and he is a good if not great LT in the NFL.

Andre Smith is a RT or an OG. I love Alex Mack and would love to get him.

Oher just screams second coming of Winston Justice to me. Same build, same hype, same athleticism, mental questions and are being hyped based on potential not on results in college.

I am weary of trading up in the draft but getting Monroe or Smith would be FANTASTIC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        I'll take Knowshon.
        not his biggest fan. I see him as being very average, you know, the guy that gets 800-1100 yards a year with 5-8 TDs on like 4.1 yards a carry. I don't like him because he just doesn't have an area where he stands out, is he a gamebreaker? No. Is he a powerback? No. He gets by on fundamentals alot of the time and thats all well and good but...

I'm just not a fan. He will be good but not the type of RB I would want on the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          OK I agree that Britton is more of a RT but Beatty isn't a LT?

Wow. He is one of my favorites. He has the feet, quickness, long arms and technique to keep most pass rushers at bay. All he needs to do is get stronger and he is a good if not great LT in the NFL.

Andre Smith is a RT or an OG. I love Alex Mack and would love to get him.

Oher just screams second coming of Winston Justice to me. Same build, same hype, same athleticism, mental questions and are being hyped based on potential not on results in college.

I am weary of trading up in the draft but getting Monroe or Smith would be FANTASTIC.
          Should've reworded it. I said Beatty is LT (and almost strictly LT) but he isn't 1st round caliber.

Comment

not his biggest fan. I see him as being very average, you know, the guy that gets 800-1100 yards a year with 5-8 TDs on like 4.1 yards a carry. I don't like him because he just doesn't have an area where he stands out, is he a gamebreaker? No. Is he a powerback? No. He gets by on fundamentals alot of the time and thats all well and good but...

I'm just not a fan. He will be good but not the type of RB I would want on the Eagles.
            If you don't think his elusiveness is an area where he stands out, I question whether you have seen many of his games. He doesn't have top end speed, but he is a bit faster on the field than his 4.6 leads you to believe. He is good catching the ball, between the tackles, and will embarass you in space. Granted he may not be the guy who takes it 80 yards because he won't outrun many NFL safeties and cornerbacks, but he isn't going to be an Edgerrin James either. I expect he will be a damn good running back in the NFL because he is patient, has great vision, and extremely good body control. If the Eagles got him I would be very excited, but I would prefer us get a bigger more powerful back since we already have Westbrook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              I never said he was frequently burned. I meant that as a hypothetical statement. He's not Roy Williams, but he's not LaRon Landry either.

Funny, I've disagreed with numerous Eagles fans before and never been called a troll. It's not because you have different opinions. It's because your opinions make zero sense.
              What you talking bout snipe? ur the trolliest person everzzzz;).
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Maybe if Sniper was correcting your spelling and grammar, twista, you could call him a troll, but calling him a troll because he disagrees with you is frekin hilarious. I guess I'm next on twista's troll list because I want Boldin...

Comment

• As a Jags fan, what can I expect of Tra Thomas?

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
                    As a Jags fan, what can I expect of Tra Thomas?
                    He's still a decent pass blocker, but he gets virtually no push out in the run game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      He's still a decent pass blocker, but he gets virtually no push out in the run game.
                      He is a good pass blocker, not to nitpick, but he still is pretty good in that regard, but doesn't get much push in the run game. Going up against Freeny migh help in the run game, but Mario Williams will be tough for him...(he's tough for everyone though)

Comment

• Hmmmm... you're far behind on the news.

Biggest Story being the Eagles are rumored to be targeting Jason Peters.
                        http://www.eaglesrumors.com/2009/03/...-jason-peters/
                        http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

I like what the Eagles are doing, they're getting guys that are all around the same age and putting them along the line, automatically creating a little bit of chemistry. I love the chemistry the Eagles are making, Stacy Andrews is Shawn Andrews brother and Peters was Andrews linemate at Arkansas. Peters is coming off of a questionable year but he has loads of talent and has the ability to be a topshelf LT. He is a hard worker he worked himself from being an undrafted rookie free agent to -> practice squad player -> to 3rd string TE/ST's player -> to starting RT -> to a top starting LT in less than 3 seasons from 2004 to 2006.

The Eagles have supposedly made an offer on Leonard Weaver.
                        http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...es-to-make-off
                        Weaver is one of the best FB in the NFL and I would be thrilled to have him in an Eagles uniform.Weaver is a WCO FB. He is a better receiver and pass protector than lead blocker, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Let's face it, an average lead blocker would be an upgrade from last season, and while not a stud at it, Weaver is slightly better than average. He is also a decent short yardage runner.

Eagles sign FS Rashad Baker
                        http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=17530

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have signed safety Rashad Baker to a one-year contract.

A product of Woodrow Wilson High School in Camden, NJ, the 27-year-old Baker joins the Eagles after a two-year stint with the Oakland Raiders. In 2008, Baker recorded 24 tackles and a career-high three interceptions for the Raiders. He joined Oakland late in the 2007 season after playing eight games for the New England Patriots that year.

Baker (5-10, 200) originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Buffalo in 2004, posting 53 tackles, two interceptions and one sack in 28 games with the Bills from 2004-05. He played in one game with Minnesota in 2006 before being released and claimed off waivers by the Patriots during that season.

For his career, Baker has played in 52 games (four starts), recording 78 tackles, five interceptions, six passes defensed, and one sack. After a stellar career as a wide receiver and track athlete at Woodrow Wilson HS, Baker went on to become a four-year starter at Tennessee.
                        The Eagles are targeting Angelo Crowell
                        http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/RumorMill.asp

Thats the rundown

Comment

Hmmmm... you're far behind on the news.

Biggest Story being the Eagles are rumored to be targeting Jason Peters.
                          http://www.eaglesrumors.com/2009/03/...-jason-peters/
                          http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

I like what the Eagles are doing, they're getting guys that are all around the same age and putting them along the line, automatically creating a little bit of chemistry. I love the chemistry the Eagles are making, Stacy Andrews is Shawn Andrews brother and Peters was Andrews linemate at Arkansas. Peters is coming off of a questionable year but he has loads of talent and has the ability to be a topshelf LT. He is a hard worker he worked himself from being an undrafted rookie free agent to -> practice squad player -> to 3rd string TE/ST's player -> to starting RT -> to a top starting LT in less than 3 seasons from 2004 to 2006.

The Eagles have supposedly made an offer on Leonard Weaver.
                          http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...es-to-make-off
                          Weaver is one of the best FB in the NFL and I would be thrilled to have him in an Eagles uniform.Weaver is a WCO FB. He is a better receiver and pass protector than lead blocker, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Let's face it, an average lead blocker would be an upgrade from last season, and while not a stud at it, Weaver is slightly better than average. He is also a decent short yardage runner.

Eagles sign FS Rashad Baker
                          http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=17530

The Eagles are targeting Angelo Crowell
                          http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/RumorMill.asp

Thats the rundown
                          Wouldn't mind Jason Peters at all. I'd rather go after a younger guy though, but he'd be a good addition. What do you think it would take for us to get him? 3rd and conditional 4th?

Leonard Weaver, HURRAY, a ***** real FB. I hope they sign him, he's been someone I'm wondering about for a while now.

Baker is a good signing, he could potentially be our second string FS if Demps wins a starting spot, Jones would be the backup SS. If Jones wins the SS job and Mikell is the FS, he won't stick around for long.

Wouldn't mind Crowell either, he would at least challenge Gocong for a starting spot. I can't say I like it a lot because this would mean that the team has given up on Gocong or is delaying his progression, which is very good right now.

Comment

• One thing I noticed in that rumor page, the team working out Donald Brown. I really like him, its probably already been sayed, but theres a reason for it. He reminds me a lot of Matt Forte. Brown would be a good fit for us with his abilities in all aspects of the game. I think if the Eagles don't take a RB in the first, they may be targetting him in the second...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              One thing I noticed in that rumor page, the team working out Donald Brown. I really like him, its probably already been sayed, but theres a reason for it. He reminds me a lot of Matt Forte. Brown would be a good fit for us with his abilities in all aspects of the game. I think if the Eagles don't take a RB in the first, they may be targetting him in the second...
                              He reminds me of DeAngelo Williams

Comment

• If they're working him out, it is pretty likely that they're not targeting him in the first round, but they do see some things on film and paper that they want to check up on in person. Another physical, drills, etc. He is a solid player. I like him, but not in Round 1.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information