This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.
    I was just arguing this with a friend yesterday. He (stupidly) claims that the Eagles are going to mess up this offseason because the fans want McNabb gone now, and they'll do what the fans want and cave. I pointed out that they have made tough decisions before (Trotter in 01, Shawn Barber in 02, Taylor/Vincent, etc.) and have been no worse for it. He still expects the Eagles to mess everything up. This isn't about division rivalry, as he's a Pats fan. I pointed to the 80-48 regular season record since Reid took over (average of 10-6 each season), 5 division titles, 6 playoff appearances, 8-5 playoff record, and the healthy cap situation. It shows the management knows how to field a consistent winner by making tough decisions.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• 2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.
      sig by Frisco49ers, the man

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
        2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.
        Obviously, that would be ideal. However, Seattle is by far the worst playoff team left. They have essentially zero quality CB's right now. They have a chance against the Bears, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm solely focused on the Eagles right now. I'll worry about the Bears-Hawks once the Eagles win Saturday night...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• ya thats true but you got to admit jennings, babineaux, and hunter didnt play all that bad...jennings stripped glenn hunter recovred a fumble and babineaux had some nice breakups...so they played pretty well that game but i dont think they will show up like that to every playoff game

Comment

• To be fair, the Bears WR's aren't as good as Dallas's, and the potential for cold weather and/or snow will hinder the passing game. This could be very close. Again, I'm worried more about Saturday, then I can focus on this matchup.

Comment

• and this year in my opinion would be the year to grab a DE this class is loaded and i looked and their are about 17 DE prospects on scotts rankings that i would have any one of them so this is perfect to grab one later as i see LB, S, and possibly WR as bigger needs and thats what scott has as our top 3 needs

Comment

• I said already that DE is a significant need for the Eagles. I think it's more pressing than WR by far. The DLine needs to get more pressure and control gaps better in the run game. IMO, the first 3 picks of this draft need to be on the defensive side of the ball. We need a replacement for Dawk, depth behind Considine, a replacement for Trotter, and more DLine depth. There are significant needs out there for this team.

Comment

• true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder

Comment

• Originally posted by mpt117
                    true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder
                    Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                      Originally posted by mpt117
                      true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder
                      Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.
                      Needs (as of now):
                      1. Strong Safety- Considine and Mikell are all that are left after M. Lewis leaves.

2. Cornerback- Rod Hood is leaving.

3. Strongside LB- Banjo-boy is done, if I'm not mistaken, and all we have is Gocong.

4. D End- Bye bye Kearse and McDougle.

5. TE- Regardless of Schobel's recent success, I still don't like him. He was let go by the Bengals, and check out what Scott writes in their team needs.

Comment

• Fortunately, I have solutions.

1. Let Kearse go: He's expensive, but this move weakens the team, so...

2. Sign Thomas(1) or Briggs(2): Look how much better the team is playing with a good WLB. Good outside LBs cut of a third of the field, regardless of what the Eagles opinions are. Plus, this move is actually cost-effective because now we...

3. Move Gocong back to D End: He's a cheap solution at an expensive position that is already on the team. This is what he excelled at in college, and might fit in well in our rotation.

4. Resign Stallworth: There isn't much else out there, and Bsaza is right, it would be a wasted pick.

5. Draft Landry or Griffin: Landry has the size to play strong safety. Griffin could play SS, but would be our future FS. Willis would also be a good eventual replacement for Trott.

These are just some early ideas. I am open to suggestions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Kool Aid
                          Fortunately, I have solutions.

2. Sign Thomas(1) or Briggs(2): Look how much better the team is playing with a good WLB. Good outside LBs cut of a third of the field, regardless of what the Eagles opinions are. Plus, this move is actually cost-effective because now we...

3. Move Gocong back to D End: He's a cheap solution at an expensive position that is already on the team. This is what he excelled at in college, and might fit in well in our rotation.

4. Resign Stallworth: There isn't much else out there, and Bsaza is right, it would be a wasted pick.

5. Draft Landry or Griffin: Landry has the size to play strong safety. Griffin could play SS, but would be our future FS. Willis would also be a good eventual replacement for Trott.

1 and 2- The only way, I'd like releasing Kearse, is if we work out all the numbers and we get Thomas (perferably) or Briggs to sign. Then since we know we'll have a good player so our D is better we can release Kearse.

3. I'm cool with that
                          4.Makes sense so yah
                          5. I'd much rather trade up for Reggie Nelson, his acelertion and speed woul dmake him porbably the fastest saftey and cud learn a greta deal from Dawk, cud make him amazing, with all his physical tools. But if not him then I'd like Willis

Comment

• Not a lot of time to comment here. I'm not a fan of cutting Kearse at this point. The cap hit may be too much right now. I do think this is Kearse's last season as an Eagle, though. Or at least his contract will be restructured significantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan
                              Originally posted by Green Kool Aid
                              Fortunately, I have solutions.

1 and 2- The only way, I'd like releasing Kearse, is if we work out all the numbers and we get Thomas (perferably) or Briggs to sign. Then since we know we'll have a good player so our D is better we can release Kearse.

3. I'm cool with that
                              4.Makes sense so yah
                              5. I'd much rather trade up for Reggie Nelson, his acelertion and speed woul dmake him porbably the fastest saftey and cud learn a greta deal from Dawk, cud make him amazing, with all his physical tools. But if not him then I'd like Willis
                              Reggie Nelson is definitely in the mix talent-wise, but after the bowl-game, I don't think the Eagles have a shot.

Comment

• I forgot to mention that we should also sign another TE, also because I think it is LJ's last contract year. Most like Tony Gonzalez, but for way less cash, you can have Daniel Graham, who has won Super Bowls (he caught a TD against Philly). He blocks and catches passes. My guess is that NE releases him because they have Ben Watson, David Thomas, and Garrett Mills.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information