Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kolb actually had a good drive going before that pick. I agree that he has been terrible, though.

    Comment


    • Give him time, we all knew he was a project when we drafted him. He needs some seasons to sit like Tony Romo had. I wouldn't want to deal him now anyway even if he did have good trade value, we need a future plan for when McNabb is too old to play. I haven't given up on him, but his play hasn't been encouraging.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        Give him time, we all knew he was a project when we drafted him. He needs some seasons to sit like Tony Romo had. I wouldn't want to deal him now anyway even if he did have good trade value, we need a future plan for when McNabb is too old to play. I haven't given up on him, but his play hasn't been encouraging.
        Agreed, I wouldnt want to trade him either. It would be a los/lose for us. If we trade him away, we won't get the value from the pick that he was, no matter what, and if he ends up turning into a great QB, then we really look dumb. We need to stick with him for at least two more years until we have a better idea on what he will be in the NFL, though I too am not encouraged by what I've seen...
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

        Comment


        • http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...co?eref=fromSI

          ESPN's Michael Smith said on NFL Live tonight that he's hearing the Eagles have interest in Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson. Rather than paraphrase what Smith is reporting, here's exactly what he said so you can decide for yourself whether this is just a rumor or something more. "I am hearing there is interest in Chad Johnson," Smith said. "Now there's been some back and forth as to whether or not he is officially on the market. I think everybody in Cincinnati has signed off on moving Chad Johnson except for owner Mike Brown. The Eagles could be in the picture. They have two first-round picks. They need a receiver." The other name Smith threw out there was Bills offensive tackle Jason Peters. Our beat guys have mentioned Peters' name in the past, and according to Smith, the Eagles have "engaged in serious discussions" with the Bills about him. Per Smith, those talks could heat up again as the draft approaches. Remember, Smith reported earlier this offseason that Donovan McNabb had met with Eagles management and wanted to see what weapons the Eagles would add before looking at a contract extension.

          Comment


          • Ehh, not so big on Chad, at least compared to some of the other otions out there.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

            Comment


            • Johnson produces on the field, which is what we're really looking for. He is a big target and a red zone target, which is something the Eagles need. Adding his skills to that of Curtis and Jackson would be nice, but I agree that he's a second tier option compared to a Braylon Edwards or Boldin.



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • Id say the Eagles should do it, but only if the efforts for Boldin and Edwards have been exhausted. I'd want to know what he cost is though, haha.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  Johnson produces on the field, which is what we're really looking for. He is a big target and a red zone target, which is something the Eagles need. Adding his skills to that of Curtis and Jackson would be nice, but I agree that he's a second tier option compared to a Braylon Edwards or Boldin.
                  I agree.

                  Johnson I think would be a good fit with us he and McNabb are friends. His ability to make catches near the sidelines is exceptional which is a key component of our passing game. His personality is nothing like TO which alot of people compare him to.

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2prqqAs00
                  At 3:22 is a perfect example of his sideline ability.

                  P.S. I remember hearing about how during warm ups before the Cincy game this year Chad jumped in line with our receivers to catch a pass from Donovan

                  Thanks Eaglez.Fan

                  For Everybody:
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

                  R.I.P. JJ

                  Comment


                  • My problem with Chad is he is aging and he is coming off an injury riddled season that was one of his worst seasons to date. He doesn't help in the long term and his ability to help in the short term is questionable.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      My problem with Chad is he is aging and he is coming off an injury riddled season that was one of his worst seasons to date. He doesn't help in the long term and his ability to help in the short term is questionable.
                      Those are the main reasons I would prefer the younger guys over him. Though I think he would help out for the next two years at least, after that it is really fuzzy what his role would be. He isn't a cancer in the locker room. You could say he is an attention *****, but he won't ruin the team chemistry. His abilities as a WR aren't what I question. His longevity however, is easily in doubt. You don't have to worry about that so mush with Either Boldin or Edwards.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                        Those are the main reasons I would prefer the younger guys over him. Though I think he would help out for the next two years at least, after that it is really fuzzy what his role would be. He isn't a cancer in the locker room. You could say he is an attention *****, but he won't ruin the team chemistry. His abilities as a WR aren't what I question. His longevity however, is easily in doubt. You don't have to worry about that so mush with Either Boldin or Edwards.
                        Those reasons are why i think Chad is the most likely because of the price to get those young guys.

                        Thanks Eaglez.Fan

                        For Everybody:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

                        R.I.P. JJ

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                          Those reasons are why i think Chad is the most likely because of the price to get those young guys.
                          The team has to recognize value. It all depends on what they could potentially get done for each player. If getting Johnson would only take a second, or something equivalent to that, and the others are asking for a first and third, then I say yes, pull the trigger on CJ, but if his asking price is even close to Boldin or Edwards, it obviously would be better to go with one of them...
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • I think we all agree that the order in which we would want each receiver is:
                            1) Boldin
                            2) Edwards
                            3) Johnson (there is no way in my life that I will ever refer to him as Ocho Cinco on a regular basis)

                            Thanks Eaglez.Fan

                            For Everybody:
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

                            R.I.P. JJ

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                              I think we all agree that the order in which we would want each receiver is:
                              1) Boldin
                              2) Edwards
                              3) Johnson (there is no way in my life that I will ever refer to him as Ocho Cinco on a regular basis)
                              Agreed, 100%, especially on the Ocho Cinco garbage...
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • That is his name.... Chad Ocho-Sinco... Yeah...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information