X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    ^^^
    Roy Williams is a 5 time pro-bowler... Yeah...
    Peters was a Bill, Williams was a Cowboy. . .

But to the trade, I like it a lot. I know it would be nice to take a LT and develop him, but no player we could get at 21 would start day one. IMO Britton or Beatty can't start day one on a competitive team. And Peters is as good as those guys could potentially be. Our window is also closing a bit with McNabb and Westbrook getting up in age. I think it is a very good trade.

Comment

^^^
      Roy Williams is a 5 time pro-bowler... Yeah...
      It's quite a bit harder to make the Pro Bowl as a left tackle than as a safety. If you get voted to the Pro Bowl, you usually played well. At safety, you can make the PB with a bunch of big hits. LT? Not s'much.

Comment

• I was saying that anyone can make the pro-bowl. Peters made the pro-bowl because people recognized his name from the year before, not because he was an outstanding player because Ryan Clady deserved that spot 1000% more.

Little fun fact. Peters and Andrews were both on Arkansas at the same time. More help for Shawn?

I like Peters but I don't want to get my hopes up to much.

Comment

• It's a great move if Peters can regain his form of two seasons ago which I am confident he can.

Comment

Welcome to the Eagles?

I'm not really a Peters fan just because of his backround, UDFA TE turned RT then moved to LT and as of now is a one year wonder. Just a tad bit risky IMO.

Obvioulsy the FO and the scouts did their work on him and they know more than we ever will. The only real worry is keeping him motivated, and with the right contract, that is easily attainable.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              Obvioulsy the FO and the scouts did their work on him and they know more than we ever will. The only real worry is keeping him motivated, and with the right contract, that is easily attainable.
              Well, he just signed for 6/60, so he better get his ass motivated.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-with-peters/

Comment

• It says he can get up to 60, based on incentives, just like I was saying, so even if he isn't (but he is) that extra little motivation won't hurt matters.

Comment

• Im excited to see how the overhaul of the line affects the run game

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Match ups Im looking forward to involving our Oline:
                    1)vs Giants Dline both units go better which is amazing considering how good the giants line was last year.
                    2) Peters vs Demarcus. Demarcus never really dominated Tra but he alwalys seamed to get at least one sack a game.
                    3) vs the skins mostly Hanynsworth (sp?) the battle will probably mostly be between Shawn, jackson vs Albert.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I'd really like to see Cole win the starting C.

Peters - Herremans - Cole - Sh. Andrews - St. Andrews

Hand the ball to Leonard Weaver, we could be unstoppable on 3rd and 1.

Comment

• I'm actually really hesitant about putting Stacy Andrews on the outside because he gave up so many sacks last year, and he hasn't had success prior to like Jason Peters.

My ideal line would be:
                        Peters - St. Andrews - Cole - Sh. Andrews- T. Herramens

I like St. Andrews better in the middle where he can use his size and strength to his advantage.

I still think that Herramens should move out to OT and I think he will have more success at RT than he would have had at LT.

Comment

• The line is monstrous.

Peters- 6'4" and 340 pounds
                          Herramens- 6'6" and 321 pounds
                          Jackson- 6'4" and 330 pounds
                          Andrews (Sh.)- 6'4" and 335 pounds
                          Andrews (St.) 6'7" and 342 pounds

MJG- 6'3" and 358 pounds
                          Winston Justice- 6'6" and 320 pounds
                          Nick Cole- 6' and 350 pounds
                          King Dunlap- 6'8" and 310 pounds (he is bigger than that)

The Eagles line is huge. (Mike McGlynn and Mike Gibson are about 310 pounds and 6'4")

Comment

The line is monstrous.

Peters- 6'4" and 340 pounds
                            Herramens- 6'6" and 321 pounds
                            Jackson- 6'4" and 330 pounds
                            Andrews (Sh.)- 6'4" and 335 pounds
                            Andrews (St.) 6'7" and 342 pounds

MJG- 6'3" and 358 pounds
                            Winston Justice- 6'6" and 320 pounds
                            Nick Cole- 6' and 350 pounds
                            King Dunlap- 6'8" and 310 pounds (he is bigger than that)

The Eagles line is huge. (Mike McGlynn and Mike Gibson are about 310 pounds and 6'4")
                            Dunlap is listed at 6'8 or something, so was Runyan. If Runyan is 6'8, then Dunlap is at least 6'10. He was visibly taller than Runyan when I saw them both in TC. Our OL averages 333.6 lbs. Thats a lot of beef! Now if only AR will take advantage of it...

Imagine if MJg would get in there at LG and Cole won the Center spot. Our OL would average 345 lbs!!!. That is just sick!
                            Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 04-19-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I'm actually really hesitant about putting Stacy Andrews on the outside because he gave up so many sacks last year, and he hasn't had success prior to like Jason Peters.

My ideal line would be:
                              Peters - St. Andrews - Cole - Sh. Andrews- T. Herramens

I like St. Andrews better in the middle where he can use his size and strength to his advantage.

I still think that Herramens should move out to OT and I think he will have more success at RT than he would have had at LT.
                              I agree with that all, when Stacey was introduced, he was introduced as a Guadr as well, so maybe the team is thinking along the same lines as you and I, having Herremans at RT, where he is best suited IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                                Im excited to see how the overhaul of the line affects the run game
                                I think an underrated signing was Weaver, he will have just as much of an effect on the offense's plans fur running as either of our OL changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information