• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on coach Jim Johnson?

Comment

• Originally posted by YUPLAYIN View Post
      Any news on coach Jim Johnson?
      I haven't yeard anything for about a month, but last I heard the team expected him to recover fully and be back in time at least for Training Camp IIRC. If, for whatever reason, he wouldn't be able to come back, DB coach Sean McDermitt would take over the Def. Coordinator duties.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I would think that McDermitt is going to be the next DC of the Eagles anyway. Johnson was getting way up there in years regardless. SD is the real deal. I really like the kid.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Joe Banner basically squashed what little if any leverage Sheldon had by saying other star players like Ware, Brady, and Harrison haven't asked for a raise even though they are underpaid and have less years left on their contracts.

Sheldon said this isnt about the money which makes me ask what is it for then? he has job security he has 4 years on his deal. Stuff like this makes me sick and Sheldon is really making himself look dumb.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
            Well Sheldon appears serious about this trade I just read a quote from him attacking Joe Banner and bringing Trent Cole and Mike Patterson into this, as well as making some comments about WIP.

I thought we had a good enough offseason to contend but then something like this happens it make me wanna puke.

I find it weird how when something good happens this offseason somthing bad happens too. EX we sign Stacy Andrews then Dawk signs with the Broncos, Sean Considine signs with the Jags then Tra does too, and We get Jason Peters then Sheldon starts crying about his contract.
            do you have a link?

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              I would think that McDermitt is going to be the next DC of the Eagles anyway. Johnson was getting way up there in years regardless. SD is the real deal. I really like the kid.
              I agree, but I don't think the team is planning on having him as the DC this season, nor were they. I beleive that he will step in and do a great job, when the time comes, whenever that may be.

Comment

Joe Banner basically squashed what little if any leverage Sheldon had by saying other star players like Ware, Brady, and Harrison haven't asked for a raise even though they are underpaid and have less years left on their contracts.

Sheldon said this isnt about the money which makes me ask what is it for then? he has job security he has 4 years on his deal. Stuff like this makes me sick and Sheldon is really making himself look dumb.
                If its not about money then what is it? Unless he means the respect from the organization, but what does he want?

Comment

It's always about the ******* money. Why is he asking for a trade? Because he feels he's underpaid for the one fantabulous season that he had last year. Hence, it is about the money.

Disclaimer- That was meant as frustration towards Sheldon, not any of you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    It's always about the ******* money. Why is he asking for a trade? Because he feels he's underpaid for the one fantabulous season that he had last year. Hence, it is about the money.

Disclaimer- That was meant as frustration towards Sheldon, not any of you guys.
                    Someone, it may have been you, said it before, Respect=Money

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      Someone, it may have been you, said it before, Respect=Money
                      What's the point of contracts anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        What's the point of contracts anymore?
                        To make other people jealous and want more money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          do you have a link?
                          You bet your ass I do

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...contracts.html

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Well at least we have all that cap space so if we need to throw around a little money to keep some guys happy than we can.

Comment

Is it just me, or is Banner talking way too much about this? If he keeps saying things like this, it will only make the situation worse, and then other players will be hesitant for these deals and maybe some FAs will be reluctant to sign here.

Comment

• When Sheldon Brown (now the unquestioned leader of the defense) demanded a trade or more money it set off a firestorm of problems.

Brown has also dragged Mike Patterson and Trent Cole into this.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...les-escalates/

“Without a doubt there are going to be more problems,” Brown said, according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I’m not the first guy and I’m not going to be the last guy. What’s the incentive for guys like Trent Cole and Mike Patterson to play above their heads? Everybody’s situation is different and everybody handles their business in a different way. This situation could have been handled in a different way. I was forced to put it out there.”
                                Jason Peters is one of the top paid linemen in the NFL and Stacy Andrews was signed to a big deal. Now there are rumors that Shawn Andrews wants more money.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...t-andrews.html

Shawn Andrews, often an isolated figure in the locker room, now will dress alongside his brother and his close friend, which has to be a better environment for him.

But Shawn might not find it all that much fun to compare paychecks; in 2006, he signed an extension that locked him up for 10 seasons, during which he will make about $35.5 million. [Ed. note: Peters' total Philly package has been reported as six years, $60 million.]

When Shawn Andrews missed the start of training camp last season with what turned out to be severe depression, there was speculation that he was unhappy with his contract. Agent Rich Moran denied that, but the speculation continued, as Andrews missed the final 14 regular-season games and the playoffs with a back injury.

Shawn Andrews did not respond to messages from the Daily News this past weekend. Moran texted yesterday that Andrews would "be at work" for offseason conditioning at NovaCare tomorrow. He did not comment on how Andrews felt about his deal.
                                But the Eagles have made their position EXTREMELY clear.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-out-for-brown

"DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks this year, led the NFL, right now he's making a million dollars next year. Have you heard anything from DeMarcus Ware? Tom Brady's gonna make $14 million over the next two years. That's $7 million a year. The top-paid quarterback in the league's making 16. Have you heard anything from Tom Brady? By the way, Tom Brady's got two years left on his deal. DeMarcus Ware has one. And I could give you example upon example. He has four years left on his contract, received a very sizable signing bonus as part of the deal. That has to be factored into the value of the two years he's played under the contract this coming year, whatever it was. And that's the only reasonable way to look at it.

"The thing that distressed me was I heard today that he had said that anybody who thought this was about the money was crazy. He needs to tell his agent that because we have had no conversations with his agent that have been about anything but the money. Now only two years into the deal with four years left, you know... James Harrison was the defensive player of the NFL last year, probably almost single-handedly responsible for the Pittsburgh Steelers winning the Super Bowl. He made less than one and a half million dollars last year. And now in the last year of his contract, the Steelers stepped in and gave him the adjustment. We're talking about somebody with four years left in their contract. I don't believe there's a single player in a number of number of years with that much time left on his contract that any team, including the MVP of the league, went to, so you have to have some perspective on this."
                                With rumors of Boldin and Gonzalez coming to the Eagles, they will be getting paid if the Eagles trade for them and might set more people off. Things are a mess because of Sheldon Brown and Jason Peters (not Peters fault though) and if things aren't cleaned up Sheldon might have to be traded because he is causing a huge mess, bigger than anything Lito Sheppard caused.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information