Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i dont see defensive end being all that much of a need next season. kearse will be back and the team will most certainly keep a player of his talent level, who really isn't even that old yet. they will be able to rotate in and out 2 defensive lines that have played solid all season. Trent Cole led the NFL in sacks for much of the first half of the season, and Darren Howard has been given attention all season.

    1st line:

    Kearse -is a beast who when healthy is a lock for 10 sacks
    Bunkley - has played well as a rookie and will likely replace darwin walker
    Patterson - has had a few brilliant plays this season and will start
    Howard - worth every dollar with the attention he demands. will roam more freely with kearse in lineup.

    2nd line:

    Cole
    Walker
    Thomas/Ramsey
    McDougle

    remember, before kearse went down, this team was 4-1. the d-line collapsed briefly there after, but rebounded late in the season to be pretty decent, even at effectively stopping the run. they didn't shut it down completely, but were a stretch better than they had been throughout the mid season.

    i think our main concerns will be in the secondary. when 1 guy gets knocked out, we are vulnerable. taking a safety with a first round pick would be foolish unless you expected to get him on the field immediately.
    a cornerback wouldn't be out of line with the first pick, followed by a safety, possibly a rb as an insurance policy, and we can always use help in the linebacker department.

    replacing trotter and dawkins are key concerns

    1st pick MLB
    2nd pick CB
    3rd pick S
    4th pick RB
    5th pick TE
    6th pick WR/OL/DL
    7th pick WR/OL/DL

    would not at all be surprised to see the OL/DL go at any pick as andy reid is a firm believer in the trenches come first philosophy.
    sig by Frisco49ers, the man

    i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
      i dont see defensive end being all that much of a need next season. kearse will be back and the team will most certainly keep a player of his talent level, who really isn't even that old yet. they will be able to rotate in and out 2 defensive lines that have played solid all season. Trent Cole led the NFL in sacks for much of the first half of the season, and Darren Howard has been given attention all season.

      1st line:

      Kearse -is a beast who when healthy is a lock for 10 sacks
      Bunkley - has played well as a rookie and will likely replace darwin walker
      Patterson - has had a few brilliant plays this season and will start
      Howard - worth every dollar with the attention he demands. will roam more freely with kearse in lineup.

      2nd line:

      Cole
      Walker
      Thomas/Ramsey
      McDougle
      Bunkley hasn't played at that well at all. He's done decent when given time, but that's it. I would love for him to start next year though.

      I love Cole as the 3rd DE. He's very good against the run and when fresh is among the top pass rushers in the league. If him, Howard, and Kearse all get around equal time they'd be dominant.

      I like Ramsey. I didn't like the pick at first but after I learned more and watched him I'm beginning to like him.

      As for Thomas, who do you have at DT? Juqua Thomas? He plays DE. He's undersized for DE, but I'd really like to bring him back.

      McDougle should be cut. I've defended him for the most part to keep him away from bust status but he hasn't done ANYTHING on the field his entire career.

      Thanks to jkpigskin

      Comment


      • juqua thomas definately plays defensive tackle as well as some defensive end work. mcdougle is good as a 4th or 5th option, i dont see the neccesity in cutting him. also i dont know if sam rayburn will still be in the mix but he isn't horrible.
        sig by Frisco49ers, the man

        i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
          juqua thomas definately plays defensive tackle as well as some defensive end work. mcdougle is good as a 4th or 5th option, i dont see the neccesity in cutting him. also i dont know if sam rayburn will still be in the mix but he isn't horrible.
          You may be right on Juqua, I thought I saw him there once.

          One thing that I really hate about JJ's scheme is that he wants every DT to be a 1 gap DT. Rayburn isn't quick. He was awesome in 04 when he just straight bullrushed just about every play he was in.

          Thanks to jkpigskin

          Comment


          • Juqua Thomas was a beast this season, the few times that I've seen him on the field he was very good. He's a definite keeper IMO

            Comment


            • Sirsmokesalot should change his name to smokestoomuch, and it seems as if some are getting some second-hand effects.

              Juqua Thomas at DT? Juqua is good as a backup, but because he has been forced to step up, in the games he is doing a good mike mamula impression of almost getting to the QB.

              There is no way Kearse is coming back with his salary, and two knee injuries at the age of 30, especially with that tricky ankle of his (how many times did I see him limpimg off the field, clutching that ankle?).

              Bunkley has hardly played well, mostly because he hardly played. We still don't know what he can really do.

              And McDougle will definitely be cut.

              Lastly, with the disrespectful way the Eagles treat LBs, there is next to no way they will draft one with their first pick, no matter how much we like Patrick Willis, Timmons, or H.B. Blades. Trott does need a backup and eventual replacement, but when Michael Lewis leaves, we will have zero SSs except for Considine (who is more of a situational FS or CB). If anything, the Eagles will be drafting a SS with their first pick, especially with the depth at that position in the draft.

              Comment


              • BTW, lets' worry about all that later.

                I want to have the very last pick in the first round!

                E-A-G-L-E-S

                EAGLES!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Green Kool Aid
                  Sirsmokesalot should change his name to smokestoomuch, and it seems as if some are getting some second-hand effects.

                  Juqua Thomas at DT? Juqua is good as a backup, but because he has been forced to step up, in the games he is doing a good mike mamula impression of almost getting to the QB.

                  There is no way Kearse is coming back with his salary, and two knee injuries at the age of 30, especially with that tricky ankle of his (how many times did I see him limpimg off the field, clutching that ankle?).

                  Bunkley has hardly played well, mostly because he hardly played. We still don't know what he can really do.

                  And McDougle will definitely be cut.

                  Lastly, with the disrespectful way the Eagles treat LBs, there is next to no way they will draft one with their first pick, no matter how much we like Patrick Willis, Timmons, or H.B. Blades. Trott does need a backup and eventual replacement, but when Michael Lewis leaves, we will have zero SSs except for Considine (who is more of a situational FS or CB). If anything, the Eagles will be drafting a SS with their first pick, especially with the depth at that position in the draft.

                  haha here we go with the **** talk. if you weren't stupid and had read my post instead of just commenting on it you'd have realized we were talking about juqua thomas as a 4th or 5th option, not a starting DT. yeah it'd be ideal to have guys as good as haynesworth and mcfarland all the way at the 5 spot but no you gotta work with guys like thomas.

                  secondly, there is no way they will waste yes i said WASTE a first round pick on a safety. these type of moves are reserved for teams like buffalo, washington, and oakland. a safety doesn't make enough of an impact on the game to warrant a first round pick, nor will they win or lose you a game, and the eagles know this. the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)

                  even if mcdougle is cut, it doesn't matter as i had him on as the very last option at defensive end.....you can insert anyones name there.

                  lastly, kearse will not be cut. at this point it would be more costly to cut him and face penalties rather than just letting him play. at 30 he is still young, has a solid 4 to 5 years in him, and is still among the top 5 DE's in the league. if they were willing to dish out money for an OLD hugh douglas, they will certainly not purposely let go a playmaker like kearse. he's only had 1 really bad injury as an eagle, unlike mcnabb.

                  do your research and read posts before you just come making allegations. this was never an argument i this forum we were just cool heads discussing possibilities for the future of our team. NONE of us are actualy making these moves, so for you to grab validity in ANY statement written on this page makes YOU the moron.
                  sig by Frisco49ers, the man

                  i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

                  Comment


                  • if the eagles and seahawks win, i'll be there.
                    sig by Frisco49ers, the man

                    i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

                    Comment


                    • -I would like to see howard move inside and cole and kearse at ends
                      -I would want patrick willis or landry
                      - The problem with Juqua Thomas is that he will get a big deal somewhere to play the 3-4 and i don't think the birdz would pay that


                      - i am also gonna b there in the nfc championship game(vs. seahawks not if they play da bears), then i am goin to miami if they win



                      GO BIRDZ WHOOP THOSE SAINTS!!!!!!!


                      sig by Jackalope

                      RIP VT Students 4/16/07

                      Vote McCain '08

                      Comment


                      • I read on the red zone that William Thomas is a UFA, what are the Eagles' intentions when it comes to resigning him? Or is that out of date?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
                          the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)
                          Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.

                          Thanks to jkpigskin

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dillen
                            Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
                            the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)
                            Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.
                            brian dawkins is not top tier? he is top 5. michael lewis was 2nd on draft day only to roy williams, b/c of a congenital heart condition, and was deemed an "unsafe" pick by many teams, the eagles saw oppurtunity. by later rounds i mean not a 1st round pick, which the eagles will never use on a Safety.

                            also, if you were watching the game, i found it interesting that on the opening saints drive, the announcer called out juqua thomas as "playing outstanding football as of late"
                            sig by Frisco49ers, the man

                            i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

                            Comment


                            • sorry misread that u say he is top tier, but he wasn't a 1st round pick, which is what i was getting at.
                              sig by Frisco49ers, the man

                              i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
                                brian dawkins is not top tier? he is top 5. michael lewis was 2nd on draft day only to roy williams, b/c of a congenital heart condition, and was deemed an "unsafe" pick by many teams, the eagles saw oppurtunity. by later rounds i mean not a 1st round pick, which the eagles will never use on a Safety.

                                also, if you were watching the game, i found it interesting that on the opening saints drive, the announcer called out juqua thomas as "playing outstanding football as of late"
                                Originally posted by Dillen
                                Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.
                                I'm guessing you didn't see that?

                                I know Michael Lewis had the heart problems that made him fall to the second round. He's isn't anyhing special. Williams, Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Tank Williams, and Lamont Thompson were drafted before him.

                                I don't know if the JT thing was directed to me, we all know that Juqua has been awesome this year.

                                And Considine just got dominated.

                                Thanks to jkpigskin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information