Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.
      Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...oved-to-tackle
        I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.

Comment

I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.
          For sure. I don't think it will be too tough of a transition for Shawn.

Comment

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...a112937935.txt

Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._contract.html

Nice to see someone gets it.
            Sheldon wants a Lambo! I say we start a support Sheldon Brown foundation. For just the price of a cup of coffee a day you can help support poor Sheldon... Won't you do something?

Edit: Trent Cole is a badass. He's one of my favorite players in the NFL, real stand-up guy.

Comment

Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.
              I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.

Comment

We're probably going to see quite a few three-safety sets.
                A lot like last year, actually. The only difference will be that Demps will be starting instead of the 3rd S.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...oved-to-tackle
                  If this is the case, I like the move a lot. Shawn is more athletic than his brother right now and Stacey is our biggest OL, outside of Peters IIRC. RG is the OL position most needed to excell as a run-blocker in our sysytem, and Stacey has the size and strength to excel. Its the same personnel, but it actually fits a little better this way.

Comment

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...a112937935.txt

Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._contract.html

Nice to see someone gets it.
                    I'm not defending Sheldon, but depending on what type of BMW (doesn't say in the article) it isn't that bad, especially considering what some other NFL players have.

Damn right Cole! He's the man on so many levels...

Comment

Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.
                      Lets not forget the Giants, and I think maybe the Cowboys will shift to more of a running attack with all the RBs they have, and the loss of talent at receiver with TO gone.

Comment

Or DeAngleo Williams for that matter...

But he will certainly see plenty of time, Steve Smith is too dangerous a weapon, and we need our #1 CB (notice not "best") in there.

Comment

• Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

LT - Peters
                          LG - Herremans
                          C - N. Cole
                          RG - St. Andrews
                          RT - Sh. Andrews

with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.

Comment

Him going up against Justin Tuck is going to be a great matchup. We may have the new Runyan-Strahan matchup...

Comment

I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.
                              We would be sacrificing one CB position for run support, and when you think about it, that isn't too bad. Especially when you consider we habe Bunk, Abiamiri, Cole, Bradley, and Gocong in the front 7 who are run stuffers. They won't even get to Asante;)...

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                                Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

LT - Peters
                                LG - Herremans
                                C - N. Cole
                                RG - St. Andrews
                                RT - Sh. Andrews

with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.
                                Not only do we have elite starters along the OL, we have some of the best depth if something would go wrong. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, our OL is in really good shape even if injuries would happen. (As long as there isn't too many) Our OL got better this off-season, and we had Shawn out, and declining Tackles, and we still had a top 8 offense. This offense is dangerous, and one of the top 4 or 5 in the league IMO.

Edit: I agree with that lineup. I love MJG, but Herremans hasn't done anything to show that he doesn't deserve a starting spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information