Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.
      Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

        http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...oved-to-tackle
        I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.
          For sure. I don't think it will be too tough of a transition for Shawn.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...a112937935.txt

            Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

            http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._contract.html



            Nice to see someone gets it.
            Sheldon wants a Lambo! I say we start a support Sheldon Brown foundation. For just the price of a cup of coffee a day you can help support poor Sheldon... Won't you do something?

            Edit: Trent Cole is a badass. He's one of my favorite players in the NFL, real stand-up guy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.
              I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                We're probably going to see quite a few three-safety sets.
                A lot like last year, actually. The only difference will be that Demps will be starting instead of the 3rd S.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

                  http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...oved-to-tackle
                  If this is the case, I like the move a lot. Shawn is more athletic than his brother right now and Stacey is our biggest OL, outside of Peters IIRC. RG is the OL position most needed to excell as a run-blocker in our sysytem, and Stacey has the size and strength to excel. Its the same personnel, but it actually fits a little better this way.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                  Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/...a112937935.txt

                    Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

                    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._contract.html



                    Nice to see someone gets it.
                    I'm not defending Sheldon, but depending on what type of BMW (doesn't say in the article) it isn't that bad, especially considering what some other NFL players have.

                    Damn right Cole! He's the man on so many levels...
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                      Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.
                      Lets not forget the Giants, and I think maybe the Cowboys will shift to more of a running attack with all the RBs they have, and the loss of talent at receiver with TO gone.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.
                        Or DeAngleo Williams for that matter...

                        But he will certainly see plenty of time, Steve Smith is too dangerous a weapon, and we need our #1 CB (notice not "best") in there.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

                          I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

                          LT - Peters
                          LG - Herremans
                          C - N. Cole
                          RG - St. Andrews
                          RT - Sh. Andrews

                          with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                            I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.
                            Him going up against Justin Tuck is going to be a great matchup. We may have the new Runyan-Strahan matchup...
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                              I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.
                              We would be sacrificing one CB position for run support, and when you think about it, that isn't too bad. Especially when you consider we habe Bunk, Abiamiri, Cole, Bradley, and Gocong in the front 7 who are run stuffers. They won't even get to Asante;)...
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                                Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

                                I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

                                LT - Peters
                                LG - Herremans
                                C - N. Cole
                                RG - St. Andrews
                                RT - Sh. Andrews

                                with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.
                                Not only do we have elite starters along the OL, we have some of the best depth if something would go wrong. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, our OL is in really good shape even if injuries would happen. (As long as there isn't too many) Our OL got better this off-season, and we had Shawn out, and declining Tackles, and we still had a top 8 offense. This offense is dangerous, and one of the top 4 or 5 in the league IMO.

                                Edit: I agree with that lineup. I love MJG, but Herremans hasn't done anything to show that he doesn't deserve a starting spot.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information