Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Herremans has to be the LG unless he plays terrible, which I highly doubt. MJG has always been a RG kind of player. There is a big difference between RG and LG. Obviously not to the same extent as a LT and RT, but still a difference that will take getting used to. Although Herremans won't play spectacular this year he will be the worst player on the o-line, so as long as he plays decent we will have one of the top o-lines in the league. And I agree 100% with goeagles, on the o-line. Shawn Andrews looks to be the RT, and from what I've heard Stacey is a better RG than RT.

I am still wondering why we traded two 5th rounders for Ellis Hobbs. It seems as if he will be our dime CB. Asante and Brown are the obvious starters, with Hanson being one of the better nickels. He does have some return value and he could let us trade Sheldon, but a trade is more than unlikely.

Comment

• No doubt MJg is best suited as a RG, but in our blocking scheme, the difference is less than it is in most systems. MJg has the quickness necessary to play there, though i owuldn't be surprised if something happened to Herremans, they would elect to put McGlynn in over MJG, as the coaches are high on McGlynn as well.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        I'm not defending Sheldon, but depending on what type of BMW (doesn't say in the article) it isn't that bad, especially considering what some other NFL players have.

Damn right Cole! He's the man on so many levels...
        I believe it's an M5, I just did a quick google check. Starting price on one of those is around $85,000. He's doing pretty well for himself...

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          I believe it's an M5, I just did a quick google check. Starting price on one of those is around $85,000. He's doing pretty well for himself...
          Not bad, but you have to admit, he could've brought some other even bigger waste of money...People with money have nice cars, I'm used to it, I'm not going to get into a big hissy over him owning a vehicle like that. I think its really not a big story.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            Lets not forget the Giants, and I think maybe the Cowboys will shift to more of a running attack with all the RBs they have, and the loss of talent at receiver with TO gone.
            Roy Williams will be a ton better this year once he knows the playbook. He has unreal hands if they can just get him the ball. TO leaving will definitely be a drawback, but their passing game will still be good with Roy Williams and Jason Witten. Their running game is no joke though with Barber and Felix Jones. Dallas's offense will be pretty good as usual I expect.

Comment

Roy Williams will be a ton better this year once he knows the playbook. He has unreal hands if they can just get him the ball. TO leaving will definitely be a drawback, but their passing game will still be good with Roy Williams and Jason Witten. Their running game is no joke though with Barber and Felix Jones. Dallas's offense will be pretty good as usual I expect.
              Tashard Choice is a great RB too. Roy Williams better hope he steps it up, because if not they're going to be calling for his head state-wide. Roy won't have a TO impact though, losing him will hurt them a lot, they just won't be able to replace what he did for them.

Comment

I'm not sold. The numbers indicate that when T.O leaves your team, your offensive production drops a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  I'm not sold. The numbers indicate that when T.O leaves your team, your offensive production drops a lot.
                  The truth is there is no WR that can do what TO did for them, and he took attention off all the other receivers on that team. Witten will see more double teams than he used to, and Roy will be up against #1 CBs, as well as Austin, or whoever plays the #2 spot, will be up against someone one step better than last year. There is a big adjustment for that offense.

Comment

• http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/m...cmpid=15585797

"He told me, he was like 'I get the guys to come out to Arizona for a week so we can get some things done,'" Ingram said. "He was gonna definitely make sure everything is taken care of, getting the information, where we're flying out of, everything like that. It's definitely a work in progress, and I'm definitely gonna be willing to do that anyway. Any way I can get better, especially with being around the veteran guys, just learning the whole NFL, how to be a professional athlete, how to practice and all that kind of stuff, every chance I get to be around a lot of veteran guys, I'm willing to do it so I'm definitely looking forward to it."
                    Cornelius Ingram to join McNabb in Arizona for some passing work. Smart kid, haha.

Comment

• I never realized how homegrown the Eagles' defense is. Look at the starters...

DE- Trent Cole (pick)
                      DT- Mike Patterson (pick)
                      DT- Brodrick Bunkley (pick)
                      DE- Juqua Parker (FA from the Titans) OR Victor Abiamiri (pick)
                      SLB- Chris Gocong (pick)
                      MLB- Stewart Bradley (pick)
                      WLB- Akeem Jordan (Eagles UDFA)
                      CB- Asante Samuel (FA from the Patriots)
                      FS- Quintin Demps (pick)
                      SS- Quintin Mikell (Eagles UDFA)
                      CB- Sheldon Brown- (pick)

Pretty decent drafting, eh?

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/m...cmpid=15585797

Cornelius Ingram to join McNabb in Arizona for some passing work. Smart kid, haha.
                        He has been impressive in every aspect so far. Looks like a monster, has impressed, albeit in shorts, and is showing the proper work effort and attitude. I really think he is a steal. I've got a friend who is a real big Gators fan, and I told him that Ingram will have a better career than Harvin, and he doesn't believe me. He is in for a surprise.

Comment

I never realized how homegrown the Eagles' defense is. Look at the starters...

DE- Trent Cole (pick)
                          DT- Mike Patterson (pick)
                          DT- Brodrick Bunkley (pick)
                          DE- Juqua Parker (FA from the Titans) OR Victor Abiamiri (pick)
                          SLB- Chris Gocong (pick)
                          MLB- Stewart Bradley (pick)
                          WLB- Akeem Jordan (Eagles UDFA)
                          CB- Asante Samuel (FA from the Patriots)
                          FS- Quintin Demps (pick)
                          SS- Quintin Mikell (Eagles UDFA)
                          CB- Sheldon Brown- (pick)

Pretty decent drafting, eh?
                          As a whole the drafting has been very good, and I've been saying it for a while, the Eagles are one of the top drafting teams in the NFL. Our interior offensive line has 3 guys we've all picked or signed as UDFAs, and all of our offensive line solid backups are draft picks or Eagles UDFAs. Celek is a draft choice, DeSean is a draft pick, Curtis is a FA acquisition, Westy is a draft pick, Weaver is a FA, and Donovan is a draft choice. only 6 out of our 22 starters are non-draft picks, and in most of those positions, we have a draft pick to replace them. Solid, solid, drafting, there aren't many teams who do it better.

Comment

• Yep, too many people look at the players that didn't pan out when determining how good the eagles drafts are, when you look at the positives, it is hard to complain.

Comment

• http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=546482

1. Quintin Demps, FS, Eagles. Philadelphia fans will need to get used to a new face after seeing Brian Dawkins roam all over the field for so many years. Demps is on track to be his replacement at free safety. With Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs and underrated strong safety Quintin Mikell joining him in the defensive backfield, Demps will be left free to make big plays in a variety of roles.

Comment

• Solid list, I actually agree with the top 6, but would have Phillips at 4 and the Dallas CBs at 5 and 6, but its moreso that I really like Tracey Porter. I think all 4 of those DBs will be very good players. Demps #1 doesn't surprise me at all. Except for two plays in the NFC Championship, he had a great rookie year, and showed insane amounts of promise. I remember reading the profile Scott had on him last year. It said to never underestimate him, or something like that. I think Scott had a feeling he might be a good player back then, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information