Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Anquan Boldin is truly still available, do you still want to see the Eagles make a move for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      If Anquan Boldin is truly still available, do you still want to see the Eagles make a move for him?
      No, unless it is for a second rounder or less, in which case, it would certainly be worth thinking about. I don't think the team does it though, not anymore. The more I think about it, the less I want Boldin now. Maybe if we hadn't gotten Maclin I'd be more inclined to say yes, but for right now, I can not see a situation where I'd want the Eagles to get him.

So basically, no;).
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        If Anquan Boldin is truly still available, do you still want to see the Eagles make a move for him?
        I think that if Boldin is traded (which he wont be) it will be in the last year of his deal so the Cards can get the most out of him before trading him. My thinking on any move is whether or not it makes the Eagles better and it would so I would not be mad with the move unless we get ripped on the trade, but hes not going anywhere.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I like our WRs a lot right now, I see no need to trade for Boldin.

Comment

• Boldin also wants a huge contract and although we do have the money, I just don't see us giving it to him after the contract we just gave Peters.

Comment

• I definitely do not want Q anymore. First off we have to give this years group a chance. It looks as if we will be going into the season with Jackson, Curtis, Maclin, Avant, Baskett and Brown. If Boldin is brought in, it will push Curtis to the slot, Maclin will hardly see the field and Avant will be useless. I have full confidence in these guys and expect a good year passing the football.

Does anyone else think that Lorenzo Booker could be cut? If Booker was kept the RB situation would not compliment each other very well. All three and quick, shifty and can catch the ball out of the back field. IMO Mendenhall will win the 3rd spot.

Comment

• No move for Boldin plz.

Jackson, Maclin, Curtis, Avant, Brown, Baskett FTW!

Also I am actually waiting to see what the special teams looks like. The return game should be ELECTRIC. Demps, Jackson, Maclin, Hobbs, Harris, Thigpen and maybe even Booker.

Not to mention the Eagles will unveil Joe Mays. He should KILL some people on special teams.

Comment

• One guy I'm looking forward to seeing is Byron Parker, but with all the depth at DB I really can't see him making the team.

Eugene Bright is another interesting guy, played DE in college, so he's a big-bodied TE who has impressed in mini-camp. He's also a local kid who was an eagles fan growing up. I hope he beats out Schobel if we don't bring anyone else in, could be the best blocking TE on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                    Does anyone else think that Lorenzo Booker could be cut? If Booker was kept the RB situation would not compliment each other very well. All three and quick, shifty and can catch the ball out of the back field. IMO Mendenhall will win the 3rd spot.
                    Doubt it. As of right now, I think Mendenhall ends up on the PS. It's obviously early, though.

Comment

• I still think there is a chance of one more Rb being added on to the roster. The three rbs are very similar to each other and I don't expect much out of Ekel.

Weaver is there to compliment them, but he is a fb so I doubt we will ever see him in there by himself.

Comment

• A sleeper at RB to look out for is Eldra Buckley. He was stuck behind LT, Sproles, and Michael Turner in SD but now he has a legit shot to make a roster. He's not really a big back but he is a much better all-around back than Booker. However if Booker proves to be what everyone thought he would be last year, than I don't think we could let him go. That's just another weapon for our offense. People really underestimate Weaver as an option to get the short-yardage, so we can afford to have more small backs than most teams, especially considering our system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                          I definitely do not want Q anymore. First off we have to give this years group a chance. It looks as if we will be going into the season with Jackson, Curtis, Maclin, Avant, Baskett and Brown. If Boldin is brought in, it will push Curtis to the slot, Maclin will hardly see the field and Avant will be useless. I have full confidence in these guys and expect a good year passing the football.

Right now, I don't have him making the team. I have Eckel making the team as the third RB, who will be our big RB, and will round out our RBs. Though I agree with Sniper, in the line of thought that Mendenhall ends up on the PS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            One guy I'm looking forward to seeing is Byron Parker, but with all the depth at DB I really can't see him making the team.

Eugene Bright is another interesting guy, played DE in college, so he's a big-bodied TE who has impressed in mini-camp. He's also a local kid who was an eagles fan growing up. I hope he beats out Schobel if we don't bring anyone else in, could be the best blocking TE on the team.
                            Agreed on Parker, he was great in the CFL, but there is just so much for him to battle agaisnt that I can't see him pushing anyone else out of a roster spot.

I like Bright, and actually think he makes the team over Schobel. He is already the best blocking TE we have, and has shown great athletecism and can catch the ball as well. He has youth and a much smaller contract working in his favor to allow him to make the team over Schobel.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              I still think there is a chance of one more Rb being added on to the roster. The three rbs are very similar to each other and I don't expect much out of Ekel.

Weaver is there to compliment them, but he is a fb so I doubt we will ever see him in there by himself.

I doubt it. We have Westy, Shady, Eckel, Booker, Mendenhall, and Buckley all battling for 3 spots. Westy and Shady are locks, so that leaves 4 guys to battle for one spot. Eckel has shown he is a good runner last year, and very powerful, I'm not sure why you don't expect much out of him. Mendenhall is a very talented young guy, and Buckley has a great skill set. There is already too much competition there right now, and another one wouldn't change the RB situation much. I wouldn't be against getting another guy, but at this point he won't make much of an impact either way.

Weaver was in his fair share of plays as the RB, and is great with the ball in his hands. He really can do it all, I'm not just saying that. He can be a big back for us if the team elects to keep Booker. Don't sleep on Weaver, this guy is going to be a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                                A sleeper at RB to look out for is Eldra Buckley. He was stuck behind LT, Sproles, and Michael Turner in SD but now he has a legit shot to make a roster. He's not really a big back but he is a much better all-around back than Booker. However if Booker proves to be what everyone thought he would be last year, than I don't think we could let him go. That's just another weapon for our offense. People really underestimate Weaver as an option to get the short-yardage, so we can afford to have more small backs than most teams, especially considering our system.
                                Damn straight ;)...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information