This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
    sorry misread that u say he is top tier, but he wasn't a 1st round pick, which is what i was getting at.
    yeah i did misread it. you must not have seen this one.

and the juqua thing was aimed at the guy who said something along the lines of "juqua thomas are you kidding me?"
    sig by Frisco49ers, the man

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?

Comment

• No one has any idea how ******* pissed off I am. Jesus. *******. Christ.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
        I read on the red zone that William Thomas is a UFA, what are the Eagles' intentions when it comes to resigning him? Or is that out of date?
        He isn't a free agent. He was signed to an extension years ago. He's an Eagle through 08 unless cut.

JJ needs to be gone. GET A BIG ******* DT. Oh what, there was Keyonta Marshall? Who was a new version of Hollis Thomas? You cut him to make room for another 280 pound DL? **** you.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
          Originally posted by Shiver
          I read on the red zone that William Thomas is a UFA, what are the Eagles' intentions when it comes to resigning him? Or is that out of date?
          He isn't a free agent. He was signed to an extension years ago. He's an Eagle through 08 unless cut.

JJ needs to be gone. GET A BIG *********** DT. Oh what, there was Keyonta Marshall? Who was a new version of Hollis Thomas? You cut him to make room for another 280 pound DL? *********** you.
          EXACTLY why I wanted Haloti Ngata instead of Bunk. I knew when we punted the game was over. Our defense can't shut down that run game in only 3 downs. We should have gone for it. That 4th and 10 conversion brought me up so high and then the false start made me feel like I had just been #### on. Major buzzkill we should have gone for it on 4th and 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
            Originally posted by Dillen
            Originally posted by sirsmokealot28
            the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)
            Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.
            brian dawkins is not top tier? he is top 5. michael lewis was 2nd on draft day only to roy williams, b/c of a congenital heart condition, and was deemed an "unsafe" pick by many teams, the eagles saw oppurtunity. by later rounds i mean not a 1st round pick, which the eagles will never use on a Safety.

also, if you were watching the game, i found it interesting that on the opening saints drive, the announcer called out juqua thomas as "playing outstanding football as of late"
            Actually, I was just trying to do some innocent ribbing, but now is a bad time to talk trash, as I am a sore loser.

Besides, there's no point in arguing with someone who openly contradicts themselves.

BTW, anyone who brags about puffing's got nothing but lungs full of some seedy oregano.

Comment

• Scott Young is gone, even though I didn't actually see any holding.

This is what happens when you have a stockpile of players, you go down the depth chart instead of to a dependable player. Jean-Gilles din't even suit up all year because we had too many linemen. We don't know who would have performed better, but Young is a converted O-lineman from Reid's beloved BYU, and he barely had much on-field experience. He gets put in because he is one of the Eagles "Homegrown" projects. We clearly are not the Patriots who can develop and insert projects anywhere on the field.

But we all know the real problem was the defense. And after the way Considine played, people like smokesometrash ought to shut the he11 up about the importance of safeties. Considine looked like a superball bouncing off of McAllister and other Saints players. In fact, our whole D looked like shoe salesmen because they are too small to lock up a player and make a tackle, rather than dive for feet.

I'm sorry...not yet...it's too soon.

Comment

• I understood the Young pick because he's one of the players with the most potential in the 6th round. What I don't understand is why the hell he is activated when he is still raw? You know for damn sure he doesn't get reps over Andrews in practice. That's just about the only reason I wanted to keep Hicks...he was starting caliber at 4 positions and was a very good backup. What trade up was he used for, Avant? Awesome.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Recovery time.

Comment

• Young is a douchebag. Also the refs were pretty bad, Dhani Jones never held anyone, which would have got use off the feild (D)

Next year, Philly is the number one team. And credit to Garcia he played very well

Comment

• Very good game yesterday guys. I knew it was going to be a close game and I couldn't have expected a better one.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• So many things need to be done.

Get a RB who can wear out the defense. I don't care that Westbrook is really good. You can have Westbrook get about 25 touches a game and still give the other RB 10. Just get another good RB for the sole fact that AR is afraid to use Westbrook so much that he'll get hurt.

RE-SIGN DONTE STALLWORTH. The WRs are going to be average again if he isn't on the team. He seems to really like Philadelphia. $5M a year sounds good.

Trade Darwin Walker. He was run over the entire year. I'm sure they could get something decent for him because he had a lot of sacks this year, he can get to the QB.

Cut/trade Trotter. He hasn't been a leader at all since the whole T.O fiasco.

Get a taller CB. He doesn't need to be huge. When Hood leaves, re-sign Will James. Draft someone like Fred Bennett in the 2nd or 3rd round.

New safety. Mike Lewis is gone. I liked Considine as the 3rd safety who backs up both spots and is on the field for a bit. Nothing more. Really needs to bulk up.

Fire/retire JJ. Enough with the "speed" on the defense. You don't need speed on the DL. Change the entire defensive philosophy. I'm sick of Rayburn trying to be a 1 gap DT. Let him play NT, he was awesome there in 04.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

So many things need to be done.

Get a RB who can wear out the defense. I don't care that Westbrook is really good. You can have Westbrook get about 25 touches a game and still give the other RB 10. Just get another good RB for the sole fact that AR is afraid to use Westbrook so much that he'll get hurt.

RE-SIGN DONTE STALLWORTH. The WRs are going to be average again if he isn't on the team. He seems to really like Philadelphia. $5M a year sounds good.

Trade Darwin Walker. He was run over the entire year. I'm sure they could get something decent for him because he had a lot of sacks this year, he can get to the QB.

Cut/trade Trotter. He hasn't been a leader at all since the whole T.O fiasco.

Get a taller CB. He doesn't need to be huge. When Hood leaves, re-sign Will James. Draft someone like Fred Bennett in the 2nd or 3rd round.

New safety. Mike Lewis is gone. I liked Considine as the 3rd safety who backs up both spots and is on the field for a bit. Nothing more. Really needs to bulk up.

Fire/retire JJ. Enough with the "speed" on the defense. You don't need speed on the DL. Change the entire defensive philosophy. I'm sick of Rayburn trying to be a 1 gap DT. Let him play NT, he was awesome there in 04.
                          Agree with just about everything except maybe the Trotter thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
                            He wasn't even close to his usual performance this year. Teams will learn what the Saints did and try to isolate him against someone that he has no chance of covering.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
                              He wasn't even close to his usual performance this year. Teams will learn what the Saints did and try to isolate him against someone that he has no chance of covering.
                              Trott definitely lost a step, but he was trying to do too much because we simpy have a lack of talent on defense. Ever since Andy Reid got here, the defense has slowly been down-graded. He tries to pull a Patriots move by inserting home-grown no-names, but fails miserably because he cannont consistently identify defensive talent.

If we want instant returns, we need to sign one of the two FA LBs. They will extend Trott's career because they are better in pass protection, which will let Trott focus on the run.

HOWEVER, the Eagles will not invest the money it takes in signing Adalius Thomas or Briggs because they disrespect the LB position. Pay those guys now and build around them! The Eagles are swimming in cash!

After watching Thomas and Briggs play in their respective games, how could you deny these guys and say they are not important positions!?!?

Comment

• Well, I guess that's that..... time to transition from the Eagles message board back to the draft board for the next 4 months....

Any wish lists?

Off the top of my head:

Laron Landry
                                Lawrence Timmons
                                Paul Posluzny
                                Tony Hunt
                                3rd-4th round QB to groom... it's time to get younger at this position
                                Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
                                2. Chris Williams
                                3. Kenny Phillips
                                4. Devin Thomas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information