Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why ANYONE considers Posluszny. He is a horrible fit.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• So is it just me or did you guys get jobbed the other night on the 4th down play?

And I hate the iggles.

Comment

• Young definitely moved.

Reid is an absolute dumbass for punting the ball on 4th and 15.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Dillen
          I don't understand why ANYONE considers Posluszny. He is a horrible fit.
          I know it won't happen, it's more of a reflection that I think the scheme needs to change. It's pretty clear that the LBers and some of the D Line guys that we've brought in to "FIT" the scheme have been horrible busts.

I don't think I need to list them all for you, I give most people here more credit than that.

Maybe it's time to bring in good football players and adapt the defense to them
          Wish List at 19:

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
          2. Chris Williams
          3. Kenny Phillips
          4. Devin Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by DowntownReggieBrown
            Originally posted by Dillen
            I don't understand why ANYONE considers Posluszny. He is a horrible fit.

Maybe it's time to bring in good football players and adapt the defense to them
            Well said.

IMO, Stallworth needs to be resigned. In fact, he's worth more than Garcia. That's right, I said it. Feel free to disagree, but we need a backup QB for a quarter-to-half a year, if that. That man is already on the team, AJ Feeley. He showed us he can still play in the Falcons game. He put up the same numbers Garcia did. I definitely like Garcia more than Feeley, but he's gonna be another year older, and teams like Minnesota are gonna drive up his price.

I'd rather save the money for Garcia, and use it on a FA SLB. Say with me:

Adalius Thomas/Lance Briggs > Jeff Garcia

I think it makes sense. Then, address SS/FS in the 1st round of the draft because there is a ton of talent there.

OR (this is a longshot) the Eagles could draft Brian Leonard. He'd be the big back that spells Westbrook. He can catch passes and block. However, the Eagles wouldn't go for it because they disrespect the RB position.

Comment

• I also definitely think Kearse is gone too for cap reasons. With the way the cap goes up every year, I think the Eagles can resign Stallworth, a free agent SLB, and maybe even Garcia.

But, like I wrote, I think the Eagles should

1) Let Garcia go (very unpopular, I know)

2) Sign Adalius Thomas (a) or (b) Lance Briggs. (either is great, but show them the money!)

3) Resign Stallworth. (obviously)

4) Draft a SS/FS. (or Brian Leonard!)

5) Free Broderick Bunkley!

6) Sign Daniel Graham. (a pass-catching, Super Bowl winning, Red Zone threat who blocks too)

Comment

• Those are all very nice but, if Garcia wants to stay we should keep him. Just incase McNabb goes down, we alreday know Garcia can do very good. And he has said if he is a backup he wants to stay here, but hopefully he doesn't get any offers for a starters role, and he can settle a lil more for the benifet of the team.

Comment

• I was browsing the NFLPA site and looking at some of our players and came out with this:
                  http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/Activ....aspx?id=32989
                  Did he already void the last year of his deal?

Sig by Kramer

Comment

• Wassup Eagles Fans, I saw in a recent article that B. Bunkley didn't start a game, and Winston Justice was inactive all year? I didn't notice at all, what happened? Did they strictly not perform, if so what specifically is the supposed problem? Was it Injury? I thought highly of both players going into the season, this is a surprise to me. Let me know.

Comment

• Bunkley didn't do anything wrong when he played. The Eagles defense got torched on the run all year. I put pretty much all the blame of Bunk not getting onto the field because Reid is as stubborn as they come.

Justice wasn't going to play this year either way. Herremans could slide out to either T so there was no point of wasting an active roster spot on a 4th OT.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

• So why take him? There were picks to be made at, what was it, 50th overall?

Comment

• Originally posted by THIZZorDIE
                          So why take him? There were picks to be made at, what was it, 50th overall?
                          Andy Reid has a philosophy of building through the draft and first priority is the offensive and defensive lines. William Thomas and Jon Runyan are both on the wrong side of 32 so drafting Justice was clearly a depth-building move.

Sig by Kramer

Comment

• Originally posted by jblaze66
                            Originally posted by THIZZorDIE
                            Andy Reid has a philosophy of building through the draft and first priority is the offensive and defensive lines. William Thomas and Jon Runyan are both on the wrong side of 32 so drafting Justice was clearly a depth-building move.
                            34th overall for Justice I believe. Many people thought of Justice as a top 15 prospect, we were looking at him so we traded up to draft him, it was a depth move for now but eventually he should start.

Comment

• Are we really questioning the front office and coaching staff that have brought us an average of 10 wins per season since they took over in 1998, 5 division titles, and at least 1 playoff win each time they make it to the postseason? This is the same group who drafted Patterson, Brown, Cole, and Heremens in 2005. I think they know a little bit about finding and developing prospects. I like Justice quite a bit, and to shore up our depth and our future is very much key to the Eagles future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by THIZZorDIE
                                Yeah dude, what a stupid idea to take a top 10 prospect in the early 2nd round, especially when both of your OTs are on the wrong side of 30 and one has serious injury concerns.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information