Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great read eatw. Now hopefully we can get Maclin into TC so you can scout him out a bit for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
      Great read eatw. Now hopefully we can get Maclin into TC so you can scout him out a bit for us.
      Thanks. And I looked over the blogs on the team, site, apparently McCoy has impressed in every practice so far...

I'm excited to get him out there too, but I'm just as excited to see Shawn at RT, get the starting defense in, and I also want to see what Leonard Weaver can do...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Horrible news today...

Jim Johnson passed away due to his cancer. This ******* sucks. I'm going to miss him, as I'm sure all of us will, and the entire organization. I hope our defense plays some dman inspirational football this seaso in his honor...

Comment

• This is tragic news about Jim Johnson, he was truley a great DC for the Eagles and widely respected by fand from all teams and his peers.

my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

there are some good articles on this from nfl.com and espn.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362252

Comment

• The was a banner at Training Camp that siad "You will be missed coach Jim" and there is a place at camp to leave flowers and whatnot for him as well...

Comment

• Since the vets are here and the pads go on tomorrow I think its time to discuss position battles.

offense
              WR: Desean is the only WR who we know is going to start but every other spot after that is up for grabs.

TE: Celek vs Ingram I did not expect a battle here till next year but since Ingram is doing so well in camp I think it opens up
              also Schobel vs Bright for the 3rd TE spot.

RB: #2 Booker vs McCoy, Shadys gonna win.
              also RB#3 Booker vs Eckel

Oline roster spot: Dunlap vs Justice vs McGlynn vs Gibson vs Max??? vs Rookies

Defense

LE: Victor vs Parker

DT: Klecko vs Jackson

WILL: Jordan vs Gaither

#2 MIKE: Mays vs Hughes

CB: Brown vs Hobbs

S: Jones vs Demps
              also roster spot Parker vs Macho vs Baker

Special Teams:

P: Rocca vs Sarge (Ken Parrish)

KR & PR is going to be affected by WR, S, and CB battles.

I probably missed some or included one or two that isn't really a battle so just let me know

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• WR- DeSean and Curtis are your starters, Avant is the slot guy. That's not going to change barring injury or Jeremy Maclin being the fastest learner ever.

TE- Ingram's not going to beat out Celek yet, but the potential is there for a lot of twin TE sets.

Comment

• Brown vs. Hobbs is no battle. Hobbs vs. Hanson is the battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                    Brown vs. Hobbs is no battle. Hobbs vs. Hanson is the battle.
                    Yep, and I'd actually give the edge to Hanson there.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                      Since the vets are here and the pads go on tomorrow I think its time to discuss position battles.

offense
                      WR: Desean is the only WR who we know is going to start but every other spot after that is up for grabs.

TE: Celek vs Ingram I did not expect a battle here till next year but since Ingram is doing so well in camp I think it opens up
                      also Schobel vs Bright for the 3rd TE spot.

RB: #2 Booker vs McCoy, Shadys gonna win.
                      also RB#3 Booker vs Eckel

Oline roster spot: Dunlap vs Justice vs McGlynn vs Gibson vs Max??? vs Rookies

Defense

LE: Victor vs Parker

DT: Klecko vs Jackson

WILL: Jordan vs Gaither

#2 MIKE: Mays vs Hughes

CB: Brown vs Hobbs

S: Jones vs Demps
                      also roster spot Parker vs Macho vs Baker

Special Teams:

P: Rocca vs Sarge (Ken Parrish)

KR & PR is going to be affected by WR, S, and CB battles.

I probably missed some or included one or two that isn't really a battle so just let me know
                      I agree with Sniper about WR and TE, so here are my other contributions...

RB: Technically they're saying its a battle, but Shady will get #2, no doubt about it, I agree the better battle will be between Booker and Eckle for #3 RB.

Schoebel and Bright is a good battle, and though Bright has looked real good, and I think he should win, I am beginning to get a strange feeling that Schoebel will somehow make it past cuts again.

OL: Dunlap is an LT, Justice was moved to RT, there is no battle between them. However, Justice and Tupou may be a battle. I think with how Dunlap has looked so far, he is cemented as the #2 LT. MJG and McGlynn will make the team for sure. Gibson won't. He hasn't impressed me in either camp. From what I've seen, Paul Fanaika has a better shot at making the team than Gibson. My bet is Fanaika will be IRed for something, as he has looked real good, but there just isn't room for him. I like Dallas Reynolds a little bit too, brings some versatility, but hwe just isn't as good as the others. Him and Gibson are on about the same field in terms of talent...

Agree about LE, you all know my feelings about that.

DT: Ehh, I haven't seen much from Jervonte yet, so I don't really have much of an opinion on it yet...

WLB: Agreed, I see Jordan winnign out...

MLB: This is tough, as Charleston Hughes has been pretty impressive so far, showing some playmaking ability, but Joe Mays has that playmaking ability as well, just in a different way, and we know he is a great run stuffer. He lead the NFL in preseason tackles. I see Mays winning this.

CB: Brown and Hobbs isn't much of a battle, IMO, unless Sheldon deos what Lito did, it isn't even close. The better battle will be for Nickle between Hobbs and Hanson, in which I see Hanson winning.

S: Demps wins this, as it seems the Eagels don't want to move Mikell, and Demps is much better suited to play FS... We'll see lots of 3 S sets with Jones though. The roster spot looks like Macho will win it if you ask me...

P: Haven't seen much of Parrish this week, so can't really say right now...

I also don't think we will save a roster spot for a returner. Not when we have Jackson, Maclin, Demps, and Hobbs, among others, who can return.

Comment

• Stewart Bradley is injured... http://www.gcobb.com/content/view/3922/1/

Not good, however I am one of the few who think he is overrated a TON. IMO he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage and he gets lost in the traffic and when he makes tackles, they're down field. Plus, he isn't good in coverage, he is stiff in coverage.

Regardless this is still a big loss to a defense already dealing with the loss of Dawkins and Jim Johnson, and now they have to deal with the loss of their young leader MLB in Stewart Bradley.

However I LOVE the idea of Joe Mays starting, he is going to be really good IMO, fantastic instincts and he flies to the ball. He hits hard and he is a freak. London Fletcher-Baker 2.0 IMO and Charleston Hughes is pretty decent from what I saw tonight.

Comment

• That ******* sucks. One of the guys we need to have a big year, both vocally and statistically.

Comment

• i'm not big on Joe Mays, I'll give you he is a good run stuffer. I'm just not sure he is athletic enough to stay on the field the whole time. When he tackles he doesn't go through players be he hangs on and find away to bring them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage
                              He led the team in TFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                He led the team in TFL.
                                Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner. Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat), but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information