X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Stewart Bradley is injured... http://www.gcobb.com/content/view/3922/1/

Not good, however I am one of the few who think he is overrated a TON. IMO he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage and he gets lost in the traffic and when he makes tackles, they're down field. Plus, he isn't good in coverage, he is stiff in coverage.

Regardless this is still a big loss to a defense already dealing with the loss of Dawkins and Jim Johnson, and now they have to deal with the loss of their young leader MLB in Stewart Bradley.

However I LOVE the idea of Joe Mays starting, he is going to be really good IMO, fantastic instincts and he flies to the ball. He hits hard and he is a freak. London Fletcher-Baker 2.0 IMO and Charleston Hughes is pretty decent from what I saw tonight.
    Bradley is a beast, to put it simply, he doesn everything, are we watching the same team? Bradley is very good in coverage. He may not look like a safety out there, but that is because the dude is freakishly tall for a LB. He is able to work his zone and cover his man for the most part, our only LB that still has coverage concerns is Gocong.

And I am not a big fan of Joe Mats starting this season. He is great against the run, but will definitely have to be taken out in passing situations. He is a real liability in coverage, Bradley is not. Hopefully it isn't serious, and if its a sprain or something he won't miss much time, as he is one of the top young LBs in the netire NFL, if not THE top young LB. (Besides Willis)
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner. Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat), but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.
      How about all the key short yardage situations this defense stopped last year? Bradley, Gocong, Bunk and Cole were key in those, and Bradley probably lead our team in tackles in those situations, with Gocong and Cole not being far behind. Trot, especially in his second stint with the team, was defintiely not tailor made for this defense, due to his liability in coverage, Bradley can do it all, I really don't see why you can't see that...

Comment

Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner.
        Right, because clearly, the only person responsible on runs up the middle is the MLB.

Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat)
        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=phi

Scroll down. TLOSS is there, in between sacks and FF. I'm not saying that part to be a smart ass, just trying to help you see it.

but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.
        It was Bradley's first year as a starter in the NFL, and IIRC, his first-ever year at MLB either in college or the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Right, because clearly, the only person responsible on runs up the middle is the MLB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=phi

Scroll down. TLOSS is there, in between sacks and FF. I'm not saying that part to be a smart ass, just trying to help you see it.

It was Bradley's first year as a starter in the NFL, and IIRC, his first-ever year at MLB either in college or the NFL.
          You are correct, he was a SLB at Nebraska. And not to take anything away from what you said Sniper, but TFL isn't it, I bet Bradley had a buttload of tackles for no gain or a short gain as well, he is great against the run, and has what Mays has in terms of run stuffing ability, but is better in coverage, and is a decent blitzer...

Comment

• Any updates on Bradley's MRI?
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Any updates on Bradley's MRI?
              Nothing I've heard, and I'm checking the team site constantly, lol

Comment

• Bradley : (
                Originally posted by njx9
                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Apparently he either heard or felt a pop... I'm not liking that news at all...

Comment

• Torn ACL, damn it, that blows if PFT is right...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      Torn ACL, damn it, that blows if PFT is right...
                      I'm sorry if that's true. I know what it's like to lose a key defensive player early.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I'm sorry if that's true. I know what it's like to lose a key defensive player early.
                        Well, thanks, I guess...

I'm wondering if we have Gaither back at MLB or bring Mays up to fill his shoes. Personally, I'd rather have Gaither starting at MIKE, as he is a little more balanced...

Comment

• Damn wasn't expecting this. I hope they give Mays a chance to win the job. I think he would be good as a 2 down run thumper then Gaither can play on 3rd downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            Damn wasn't expecting this. I hope they give Mays a chance to win the job. I think he would be good as a 2 down run thumper then Gaither can play on 3rd downs.
                            I do think Mays deserves a chance to earn it, but because of his style of play, and Gaither being a little better in coverage, he has the advantage over Mays right now to start...

Comment

• Yep, kffl confirmed it, torn ACL. This sucks, but it's a good thing we are somewhat deep at linebacker. I agree Gaither has the advantage to get the starting SAM spot, but it all depends on how both Gaither and Mays perform in TC and the preseason.

Comment

• wow guys. i just heard the terrible news. Bradley is out for the season.

thats so bad. I thought he was gonna be an absolute monster this year too, maybe even the 2nd best MIKE in the league behind Patrick Willis.

I hate seeing this. Even if its a division rival. We just went through this with Osi. You never want to see this.

Who fills in? Gaither? Is he still with the team? He wasn't half bad at MIKE.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information