X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******* ****! This ******* blows.

Comment

• Hopefully Bradley can make it back for the playoffs if we make it there. This is a huge loss.

Comment

• Give me OG back in the middle, plz. kthx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Give me OG back in the middle, plz. kthx.
          http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...omparison.html

Good news their play overall in '07 and '08 was virtually even, Gaither did worse against the run and better against the pass. Maybe it will work out like you guys said and Mays will be a 2-down guy and then Gaither will be the 3rd down MLB.

Comment

• The Eagles have a good amount of depth here with Gaither and Mays, but neither of them has Bradley's overall presence. This sucks especially because I was going to get me a Bradley jersey to replace my Dawk one. Not sure if I can justify that expenditure without him signed to an extension as of now...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Fact is that these kinds of injuries happen all the time to all teams. Merriman, Brady, Randall, Javon Walker, Buck... The team has no choice but to keep going and moving. It hurts, but they're still big contenders and will be fine long run.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• This sucks, but I have faith in our depth. It does make me questionable about how our defensive play will be.

Comment

• It is a team effort to control time and space (the essence of defense in any sport). The rest of the team has to step up, and the coaching staff will have to put the players in the right spots. Bradley was not infallible. He's not yet of the Ray Lewis caliber. He was improving and was a leader on the field. That will be missed, but the team remains solid across the board.

Comment

• What... The... HELL!?!?!

http://www.wwmt.com/sports/babin-136...-michigan.html
                    WWMT-TV in Kalamazoo, Mich. reported earlier this afternoon that former first-round draft pick, Jason Babin, has been signed by the Eagles. There is no official word from the team. The report states that the defensive end/linebacker spent the off-season in talks with three or four teams and has decided to join the Eagles. According to the report, Babin boarded a plane to Philadelphia this afternoon. WWMT stated that it's a one-year deal. Babin was drafted 27th overall by the Houston Texans in 2004. The 6-3, 267-pound Babin played with the Texans, Seahawks and Chiefs and has 15.0 career sacks.
                    Jason Babin... Jason freaking Babin? Really? REALLY? C'mon we lost a good MLB and we replace him with a sucky SLB?

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                      Yep, kffl confirmed it, torn ACL. This sucks, but it's a good thing we are somewhat deep at linebacker. I agree Gaither has the advantage to get the starting SAM spot, but it all depends on how both Gaither and Mays perform in TC and the preseason.
                      Gaither has the best shot to get the starting MIKE spot, Gocong is firmly entrenched at SAM.

Interesting note, Mays was in with the #1 defense this afternoon, and was replaced by Gaither for the Nickel plays...
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        wow guys. i just heard the terrible news. Bradley is out for the season.

thats so bad. I thought he was gonna be an absolute monster this year too, maybe even the 2nd best MIKE in the league behind Patrick Willis.

I hate seeing this. Even if its a division rival. We just went through this with Osi. You never want to see this.

Who fills in? Gaither? Is he still with the team? He wasn't half bad at MIKE.
                        My bet is Gaither, but Joe "Headbuster" Mays saw most of the reps at the afternoon practice today. (I was there, the offense was testing him a lot in coverage, he was doing an acceptable job, his guys were catching balls, but if it were tackle, he may have had the opportunity to break them up or tackle them right after the catch...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Hopefully Bradley can make it back for the playoffs if we make it there. This is a huge loss.
                          Don't count on it, even if he could be back by the end of the playoffs, (which he won't) the team wouldn't risk it. Expect his first real action to be OTAs next year, most likely...

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            The Eagles have a good amount of depth here with Gaither and Mays, but neither of them has Bradley's overall presence. This sucks especially because I was going to get me a Bradley jersey to replace my Dawk one. Not sure if I can justify that expenditure without him signed to an extension as of now...
                            Get either Quentin Mikell or Quentin Demps, both have been playing out of their mind. Either are a safe bet at this point IMO, though Mikell is obviously the safer one at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              What... The... HELL!?!?!

http://www.wwmt.com/sports/babin-136...-michigan.html

Jason Babin... Jason freaking Babin? Really? REALLY? C'mon we lost a good MLB and we replace him with a sucky SLB?
                              If so, that rules out the talk of us trading for any DEs, like some people were claiming...

Comment

• I'm just going to say right now that I do not want Omar Gaither starting for the Eagles at MLB for the first two downs. He is undersized and cannot fight off blocks well enough for the position. He is listed as 6'2, but he is really either 6 or barely 6'1. I've seen him at Chickies and Petes numerous times and he was maybe an inch taller than me and I'm around 5'11 and a half.

I'm hoping Joe Mays gets the nod because last preseason he looked extremely good and I always thought we were wasting his talent by leaving him on the bench. He finally has an opportunity, and I think he is going to take it and run with it. He wasnt a highly recruited player going to college, when he was in college he didnt even get invited to the combine, and now he has the chance to start for the Philadelphia Eagles? I want his blue collar mentality barking out the calls in the huddle.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information