This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    Outside of Shady, DeSean, Trent Cole, Celek, Sheldon, Weaver, Demps, and Mikell, he is havign the best camp so far if you ask me...
    Well, nipping these problems in the bud before he becomes L.J Smith 2.0 is a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Well, nipping these problems in the bud before he becomes L.J Smith 2.0 is a good idea.
      Watching him, there is no way he will ever be LJ Smith 2.0. His hands are much better than LJs, and he hasn't dropped that many passes at all. Watching him out there, I bet his idea of too many dropped passes is 1. He hasn't really had a problem with dropped balls, but nice to see him trying to get better.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• well Ingram is out with a Torn ACL. Its the same one he tore last year so i hope there is no long term damage.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
          well Ingram is out with a Torn ACL. Its the same one he tore last year so i hope there is no long term damage.
          ****!!!

Well that explains why I didn't see him this afternoon. (I decided to sleep in this morning and didn't go.) How did it happen? Or was it just never fully healed before...?

Comment

• Damn just heard about this. I thought he was a huge steal for you guys in the draft even with the injury concern but I guess now we see why. Good luck to him and Bradley on their recoveries. What are you guys looking like at TE now?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Wow, we need to make a trade for a decent TE. Matt Schobel as the #2 is just pathetic.

Comment

• This training camp has been brutal, just brutal as in one of the worst in a LONG time. We lost our defensive coordinator to cancer, we lost our starting MLB to injury, our promising TE to injury, the offensive line has not been on the field together yet, Trevor Laws and Victor Abiamiri need to step up and neither has practiced yet, Shawn Andrews back tightened up after missing all last year with a herniated disc and now DeSean Jackson the future of this team IMO hyperextended his knee.

Its honestly getting ridiculous, how can one team be so snake bitten? How can one team be so injury prone?

Not that this has anything to do with what I said above but this era in Eagles history is coming to a close extremely fast, key players are gone, coaches are gone and new players are here. I went into the offseason thinking that Dawkins would still be here as would Tra Thomas and Jim Johnson. Wrong. Instead we're looking at what could be the most talented roster in the NFL but they're dropping like flies out there. People need to realize this, 2011 is the end of this team, the absolute end, no questions asked we're moving on if we don't win the big one. Why? It is just to perfect, Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook's contracts expire, the last two players from the glory days of this Eagles team and we can just let them go with no cap penalty and the only hit we would take is the money Lurie owes Andy. What a perfect opportunity to rebuild and retool this team and I'm sure if McNabb can't win the big one, Andy Reid can't win the big one and Westbrook can't stay healthy, Lurie will have no hesitation about blowing this thing up and starting anew.

Take that for what it is worth but this is crunch time for the Eagles franchise, we took gambles on players and if they pay off we are going places and if they don't the Eagles are on the fast track to rebuilding and these injuries aren't helping the Eagles cause.

Comment

• It happens, teams always get the injury bug, but teams that have depth, can over come it.

Ingram would have been a great weapon, but he wasn't that start not much of a loss.

Lost Bradley, but have 2 guys competing for that job, and one used to start.

As far as expiring contracts....well thats why they draft youth at RB, will draft another QB you wait and see.

Comment

• I wouldnt mind a trade for Tony Schffler right now. I think hes sunk down to number 3 on their depth chart behind Graham and the kid from UNC

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      It happens, teams always get the injury bug, but teams that have depth, can over come it.

Ingram would have been a great weapon, but he wasn't that start not much of a loss.

Yes, but not to the degree the Eagles are getting it. Other teams are being hit with the injury bug, we're getting smashed with it.

Ingram would've been fantastic to have and to say his impact would be limited because he isn't a starter isn't correct. Often times you will see teams running two TE sets and the second string TE gets significantly more time than other back-ups for other spots. Just look what Celek did last year as a back-up and now we're stuck with Matt Schobel as the back-up? We're screwed because Matt is awful and is a good for nothing piece of crap who does not deserve a pay check.

Also the biggest problem in this training camp is the offensive line. Chemistry is EXTREMELY important along the offensive line and this line has none going into the season. We have two new players and one player who is switching spots, chemistry is of the upmost importance right now. Shawn Andrews needs to actually go outside, Jason Peters needs to work hard to make up lost time and Stacy needs to get used to playing next to Jamaal Jackson. This offensive line needs to get it together quickly because the defensive lines of the NFC East are not forgiving and I personally do not want to see Peters being toasted off the edge by Ware and Osi because he isn't in shape, I don't want to see Big Albert Haynesworth, Rocky Bernard, Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty and Fred Robbins rip up Herramens, Jackson and Andrews because there is no chemistry and I do not want to see Shawn Andrews burned by Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer and Brian Orakpo because he wasn't able to practice his new position. New? Yes, new. He played RT in college but the NFL is a different game and he hasn't played it for 5 years, so playing RT will be 'new' for him.

Honestly I am confident that DeSean Jackson is going to be fine, in fact this might even be for the best. How? An injury is never good. Well, he has been going 110 mph out there for a week and a half and 3-4 days of rest will do him well and not to mention this will get Jeremy Maclin more reps in practice which could help him make up for some lost time.

Trevor Laws needs to get into shape, he is kind of lost in all the excitement surrounding the team and other players. But, he was the first player drafted last year and he needs to pull it together. He will be playing a fairly large role as the third defensive tackle behind Bunkley and Patterson and quite frankly I don't want him to be out of shape because he offensive lines of the NFC East are not very forgiving either. He needs to get on the field and start playing because I am not OK with a veteran being 'injured' and missing the entire camp, that is just lazy and that is exactly what I don't want in a DT (Honestly? A very minor hamstring injury and you're out for nearly 2 weeks? Please.)

Please Abiamiri, please get healthy and stay that way because the Eagles need you. Parker is a scrub who is past his best playing days and should not be starting on any NFL team. He plays half of the season well and then he just wears down, he needs to be a situational guy and the only guy who should be starting ahead of him is Abiamiri because Clemons is strictly a situational guy.

And onto a misconception that I've seen made other places but not here yet:

Jack Ikegwuonu will be cut. Everyone was all over him calling him the next Al Harris but he is not, not even close. He gets a hand on guys and jams them at the line but he cannot keep up with them, he is getting burned all through camp by Eagles receivers, Jeremy Maclin completely destroyed him on his first day in camp. Ike has no recovery speed and his knee seems to have hindered him because it is fairly obvious that he is not what he was in college. Dimitri Patterson will be the 5th CB if there is one, he is a physical CB who can actually stick with his man for more than a few yards and is closer to Al Harris than Ike will ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Yes, but not to the degree the Eagles are getting it. Other teams are being hit with the injury bug, we're getting smashed with it.

Ingram would've been fantastic to have and to say his impact would be limited because he isn't a starter isn't correct. Often times you will see teams running two TE sets and the second string TE gets significantly more time than other back-ups for other spots. Just look what Celek did last year as a back-up and now we're stuck with Matt Schobel as the back-up? We're screwed because Matt is awful and is a good for nothing piece of crap who does not deserve a pay check.

Also the biggest problem in this training camp is the offensive line. Chemistry is EXTREMELY important along the offensive line and this line has none going into the season. We have two new players and one player who is switching spots, chemistry is of the upmost importance right now. Shawn Andrews needs to actually go outside, Jason Peters needs to work hard to make up lost time and Stacy needs to get used to playing next to Jamaal Jackson. This offensive line needs to get it together quickly because the defensive lines of the NFC East are not forgiving and I personally do not want to see Peters being toasted off the edge by Ware and Osi because he isn't in shape, I don't want to see Big Albert Haynesworth, Rocky Bernard, Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty and Fred Robbins rip up Herramens, Jackson and Andrews because there is no chemistry and I do not want to see Shawn Andrews burned by Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer and Brian Orakpo because he wasn't able to practice his new position. New? Yes, new. He played RT in college but the NFL is a different game and he hasn't played it for 5 years, so playing RT will be 'new' for him.

Honestly I am confident that DeSean Jackson is going to be fine, in fact this might even be for the best. How? An injury is never good. Well, he has been going 110 mph out there for a week and a half and 3-4 days of rest will do him well and not to mention this will get Jeremy Maclin more reps in practice which could help him make up for some lost time.

Trevor Laws needs to get into shape, he is kind of lost in all the excitement surrounding the team and other players. But, he was the first player drafted last year and he needs to pull it together. He will be playing a fairly large role as the third defensive tackle behind Bunkley and Patterson and quite frankly I don't want him to be out of shape because he offensive lines of the NFC East are not very forgiving either. He needs to get on the field and start playing because I am not OK with a veteran being 'injured' and missing the entire camp, that is just lazy and that is exactly what I don't want in a DT (Honestly? A very minor hamstring injury and you're out for nearly 2 weeks? Please.)

Please Abiamiri, please get healthy and stay that way because the Eagles need you. Parker is a scrub who is past his best playing days and should not be starting on any NFL team. He plays half of the season well and then he just wears down, he needs to be a situational guy and the only guy who should be starting ahead of him is Abiamiri because Clemons is strictly a situational guy.

And onto a misconception that I've seen made other places but not here yet:

Jack Ikegwuonu will be cut. Everyone was all over him calling him the next Al Harris but he is not, not even close. He gets a hand on guys and jams them at the line but he cannot keep up with them, he is getting burned all through camp by Eagles receivers, Jeremy Maclin completely destroyed him on his first day in camp. Ike has no recovery speed and his knee seems to have hindered him because it is fairly obvious that he is not what he was in college. Dimitri Patterson will be the 5th CB if there is one, he is a physical CB who can actually stick with his man for more than a few yards and is closer to Al Harris than Ike will ever be.
                        OK, first off, you need to put the brakes on the negativity train here...

We lost Dawk. Yes, emotional loss, really tough to replace his emotions with one person. Luckily we have lots of people who can do parts of what Dawk did for us, plus we get what is a boost at the position.

We lost JJ to cancer. It truly is sad, one of the worst days as an Eagle fan when he passed. But we have a perfectly capable replacement in McDermott who isn't going to just fall apart because JJ isn't there. He is a grown man who has had 10 years with the team. He knows what he is doing. He is unproven right now, that is all, but so were the rest of his coaches, and look where they are now...

Bradley's loss is tough. He is a great player in the middle, does everything for you in there. Mays, who seems to have the starting job, is an excellent run stuffer, this we know for sure. We lose very little if anything in the run stuffing department. Now coverage is where will be a weakness, and despite him coming out on most obvious passing downs, he will be in coverage on some plays, and that is a mismatch in opponent's favor. We don't have our guy calling the plays, and showing that leadership, but Mays can handle it, and Gaither as well when he is in for Nickel situations. We have capable replacements in there for him.

Ingram beign out is a different situation. I agree that I don't want to come in with Schobel as the #2 TE, but trading for Scheffler woudl serve almost no purpose for us. We would have very similar TEs in him and Celek, and Celek is better, but that would most likley have Sheffler calling for a starting spot. Not to mention the picks we'd have to give up for him. Schobel is a threat in our offense, as long as we get him the hell off the field on any play that requires him to block, lol. But right now, he stretches the field better than any of our TEs. Though I am not happy with him as the #2 TE, we will certainly not have any problems with the TE postion as a whole. Celek is doing real well in camp and looks like he will be making a ton of plays for us. Reid also didn't rule out putting Weaver in at TE in some occasions. It would work. Weaver really is a rare specimen, and can do it in spot situations if need be. If Celek woudl miss any major time, I would definitely be worried about our TE situation, but as it stands now, we are just fine, and have an above average starter (at least) at the position.

The O-line does worry me a little bit, for at least the beginning of the season. The talent is there for sure, but the chemistry is needed. Not so much chemistry, but familiarity with the guys going to battle with you. When you are familiar with the group around you, your group will work better. If we can get the starting OL together at any point in the preseason before the final week, I really don't feel like this will be a problem.

As for our injured players being out of shape... You mustn't be familiar with the way NFL teams prepare their players, and how those players keep in shape. Jason Peters was practicing Saturday afternoon with the rest of the OL for a while, then went back with the injured players. He will be OK, he is nowehre near out of shape. Trevor Laws and Victor Abiamiri are nowhere near out of shape. The only issue right now with these guys is "football shape". They haven't had real contact this year yet, but they are supposedly very close to comign back, and will get plenty of time getting used to the hitting before the season. You haven't had the opportunity to see theses guys since your out across the country, but you have ntohing to worry about in terms of our injured players being out of shape.

DeSean will be absolutely fine. Even at his young age, he has mastered the offense, and from a physical stnadpoint he is all there. As long as he is healed up, he will be fine. He'll be making plays all over the place.

As for Ike... Ike has been having a solid camp. He is a lot like Sheldon in terms of the fact that you don't see him much unless you make a consciensious note to watch him. And when you do, you come away impressed. He doesn't haul in many INTs, but neither does Sheldon. Like Sheldon he is on his man very tight and will not allow him to make plays. You gotta understand that on many of these drills that the defenders are getting burnt on, these drills are designed to get the offensive unit's timing and their familiarity with eachother down, while defenders keep going through the motions (basically). Asante got beat by Maclin as well... Does that mean he sucks and will be cut? Not necessarily, but it just might mean that Jeremy MAclin is pretty damn good. Ike will make the team as the 5th CB, I will gaurantee that because 1... he has had a good camp, 2... the rest of the competition at CB really drops off after him a lot, 3...the coaches are spending some more time with him to work on refining his game. Is he perfect right now? No...Hell no, but he is certainly very good and still has a buttload of potential.

Dmitri Patterson is garbage in comparison to the rest of these CBs. He could make a team, but most likely will be on a practice squad somehere if he is eligible. Trae Williams is better than him by a lot. There is a big dropoff from Ike to Trae, and then an even bigger dropoff from Trae to Dmitri. The fact that you think Dmitri Patterson over either of these two, especially Ike, is very strange to me. But since you haven't had the opportunity to watch these guys as much as I have, I guess I understand why you would think that, but I don't get it at all:), lol.

As for there never beign injuries like what we've had... askt he Seahawks fans about that. We are missing two players out of the year right now. The Seahawks lost their entire WR corp basically, as well as injuries to Hasselback and many other players. It happens, its part of the NFL, and the Eagles don't have it worse than every team in the history of the NFL or anything like that, not even close. (Not that that is what you are saying)

As for the future... As long as we have the same core group of people running this organization, the window will always be open, or at least attainable. We have a great young core of players throughout the team. We have our DTs, Bradley, Demps, (Mikell, to an extent), Herremans, Shawn, and Peters are relatively young as well. We have DeSean, Maclin, McCoy, Celek, and Ingram as well. I haven't totally given up on Kolb, but that time may be coming soon. This team will not be in a full rebuilding mode in the near future, even when Donovan and Westy leave, whenever that may be...
                        Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 08-10-2009, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Cole And Kolb both had to be carted off today. According to pft Cole has a strained shoulder and Kolb has a sprained left knee. Apparently Kolb's injury is worse and will need to have a MRI.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• with the kolb injury, would it be too far fetched to consider vick as a backup?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                              Cole And Kolb both had to be carted off today. According to pft Cole has a strained shoulder and Kolb has a sprained left knee. Apparently Kolb's injury is worse and will need to have a MRI.
                              Cole said it was just a bruise.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                                with the kolb injury, would it be too far fetched to consider vick as a backup?
                                Make it happen, Reid!

Triple option with Vick/Westbrook/McCoy =

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information