Clear All

• The Eagles signed Matt Nagy not Mike Vick

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      The Eagles signed Matt Nagy not Mike Vick
      Dumb. Really dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
        well Ingram is out with a Torn ACL. Its the same one he tore last year so i hope there is no long term damage.
        Unfortunately, his career may be done before it even started. The reason why he fell to the 5th round was because many teams' medical staffs felt that his ACL was not healed properly.

I guess its safe to say that may have been the case, for him to retear his ACL right after a couple of weeks of camp.

The guy was an amazing physical talent, and I felt that if he was able to stay healthy, he wouldve been an amazing steal, but at this point, I honestly think his career will either be over before it started, or he'll tease you guys for a couple of years before eventually getting the plug, Jerome McDougle style.

Celek is a beast though.

But at this point, I personally wouldn't hold out much hope for Ingram. Think about it, 2 ACL injuries on the same knee, 2 years in a row. I don't think I can ever recall any player who recovered from that kind of damage to become a beast in this league, if they even were able to play at all.

Sucks, I hate seeing injuries, even to division rivals.

Comment

• Corell Buckhalter did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Corell Buckhalter did it.
            but how long did it take him to FINALLY get it together? and even then, he was never what he was supposed to be.

Ingram was gonna be a STUD. Oh yeah, i capitalized all those letters. Bc he was gonna be that. But I doubt he ever becomes that player anymore.

Comment

• http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...ping-home.html

Some fun tidbits...

Second-year receiver DeSean Jackson has been dominant in camp. The Eagles have a talented secondary, but not even All-Pro Asante Samuel has come close to covering Jackson.
              I think Celek's on his way to becoming a big-time player. Very humble guy, but he showed up when the stakes were high last December and January. He also has been studying tape of Jason Witten to learn some pointers. I like that Celek takes a lot of pride in blocking too.
              The signing of left tackle Jason Peters jump-started the Eagles' offseason. I watched him stone defensive ends on consecutive plays Monday. He's a pretty impressive-looking player.
              Good article.

Comment

• You guys got Michael Vick

Comment

• The Vick option possibility is now a reality!

Comment

• ******* sweet!

Comment

• holy ****...

Comment

• Hopefully McNabb doesn't make waves about this signing like when we drafted Kolb.

Comment

• Wow, was not expecting this, but it's good to have him on our side.
                          Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi; 08-13-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• on the eagles web site alot of people are not happy with the move.

Also I love how the Eagles web site got rid of the chat option for the post game show.
                            Last edited by camp_eagles; 08-13-2009, 10:41 PM.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Needless to say I was incredibly surprised by this move, and its cliche at this point pertaining to this situation, but I was shocked.

Completely ignoring his off-field past, my first instinct was to ask why the team felt they needed him. They don't, but as I thought more about it, the more I realized just how valuable he can be to our offense, and how much he can add different wrinkles to not only wildcat formations, but base offense sets as well. From a purely X's and O's standpoint, this could be a very great move, as long as Vick can get in football shape. Being in shape though is key...

From the personality stnadpoint, I am still skeptic. I am less skeptic due to a lot of the recent happenings in the situation, namely Goodell showing sonfidence in him, as well as Tony Dungy being involved, which I think is the biggest factor that is helping Vick right now. Having his seal of approval is one of the main thing that makes me much less skeptical about Vick becoming a problem. Listening to Reid and McNabb last night, they seemed confident in Vick as a person, which also makes me confident that Vick has turned things around. I want to see the presser this morning and see what Vick has to say so I can get a good idea of my feelings on him right now though.

The contract and the way it is set up is very interesting, and makes me believe a few things... The team wants to win now (within the next two years) and though the future still has a ton of incredibly talented players, the team feels they need to win now for these players that may not be around much longer. The team may still be set up to succeed in the future, beyond these 2 years, but the team obviously feels these 2 years are the best shot. With there being such an incredibly high increase from year one to year two, I don't think Vick will be around next year, especially if he hits incentives in the contract, it just seems like the team is set up to cut their ties after this season, though I could easily see them keep him next year if he performs well and stays well-behaved.

This may be the fastest offense in the history of the NFL. Think of all these incredibly fast options we have in our offense... DeSean, Maclin, Curtis, Westy, Shady, and now Vick. Keep in mind that Reggie Brown is pretty fast as well, and Leonard Weaver is fast as hell for a FB. But outside of Wildcat plays, imagine plays with Vick at QB with Westy and Shady in the backfield, as well as Curtis, Maclin, and DeSean in the WR positions. I can see it now, I'll be watching the Cowboys game and I'll be reading Wade Phillips mouth on TV saying "What the ***". And honestly, what is there to do? Not much, especially if the plays are executed properly.

I must say I have contained excitement right now. If he can come in and prove to be a good player and member of the society, which is very possible, I will love this move. It can easily go bad though, if Vick isn't ready to compete or if he has another transgression, the Eagles will see why this was such a risky move...

Also, does it piss anyone else off with all these people saying they now don't like the Eagles? It pisses me off for sure, becuase they aren't giving the guy a chance and all of what Vick seems to have earned from the situation. Good riddnace to them, glad they're gone, if thats how they truly feel.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• One thing I noticed in the press conference last night when Andy and Donovan were talking, that I have been saying since TC started...

They seem like they expect Shady to be big. I've heard it all through the organization, and from a lot of the people broadcasting any Eagles information. I don't remember exactly what Donovan saiod, but what he said came off as him expecting Shady to be a big part of the offense, and he is already expecting great things from him. I have been that way since about a week after the Veterans showed up at Camp, and now it seems like the coach and QB are expecting these things as well. Great things should be expected from Shady, and he showed a glimpse of that last night...
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information