Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We signed Vick last night but didnt something else happen last night too? Thats right it was the first preseason game as well. (Note I only saw up to midway through the third)

What I liked:
    -Donovan's performance after the second drive.
    -Everything Shady did
    -Maclin Bouncing back from his muffed punt, Also his speed particularly on his first catch.
    -Eldra Buckley performance even though I didnt see most of it but the stat sheet was good.
    -The Olines Run Blocking.
    -The use of a FB.

Not so much:
    -First Team Olines Pass Pro specifically Peters.
    -TE coverage was poor.
    -The lack of pass rush.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I saw Peters at the game....man is huge. And he got up field quick on that Jackson screen pass. But...he got blown by and gave up sacks. Derrick Burgess got a sack through him. I don't know if it was cause he was helping the LG out, or just doesn't know what is happening.?

I like Buckley he bounces off of tackles and pushes the pile. Maybe he'll get a little playing time with second and first string.

Defense....what the hell? Baker and Jack Ike always seemed to be out of position, or had a play happen right next to them.

Weaver is pretty damn fast for a big man like himself. I was surprised when they let him run the ball himself...and when they threw it to him from shotgun.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        I saw Peters at the game....man is huge. And he got up field quick on that Jackson screen pass. But...he got blown by and gave up sacks. Derrick Burgess got a sack through him. I don't know if it was cause he was helping the LG out, or just doesn't know what is happening.?
        I know I saw him in Buffalo a couple years back hes a mountain of a human. First I saw Lankston(sp?) Walker and thought man hes big then I saw Peters and he makes Walker look a little small.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• I'm not sure what to make of the Vick signing yet, but initial reaction was crap... another talent in the NFC East to have to account for.

As if Dallas' run defense didn't have enough problems. Trying to account for Vick too will be an added nightmare. He will eat us alive. :(

...if he's the same guy.

But at the same time, the way the local Philly fans are taking it, it's like somebody drove a bus into their garage. I was filling up gas last night and had the radio on SportingNews radio. There were Philly fans on talking about how crushed they were about the signing. This morning... more of the same. They just sounded so mad, some so frustrated, some confused... Makes me think that maybe the worst thing for you guys about this signing is the circus that is now spotlighted in Philly. Nothing personal, but Philly fans have big, loud mouths and they wear their anger on their sleeves for everyone to see and hear. They love it that America looks at them as hard asses. They love feeling disgusted. They love taking that disgust and putting it on the teams they cheer for. They will hound a hated player like none other. They will bash a hated coach like none other. No matter the sport. If Vick is not accepted by the fans, the fans will rip that team up. ...and it's not even about production on the field. TO produced and they still hated him. It was his antics that they were fed up with. So even if Vick does have some highlight plays here and there, I'm not so sure he'll be quickly forgiven.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll be adored and accepted. But first things first... The circus is back in town in Philly and that is only a good thing for us NFC East rivals.

Comment

• Some fans love the idea of him being in philadelphia some don't. The ones taht really don't are the older fans. Sure as a person he may be bad, but Vick the player he is decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              I saw Peters at the game....man is huge. And he got up field quick on that Jackson screen pass. But...he got blown by and gave up sacks. Derrick Burgess got a sack through him. I don't know if it was cause he was helping the LG out, or just doesn't know what is happening.?

I like Buckley he bounces off of tackles and pushes the pile. Maybe he'll get a little playing time with second and first string.

Defense....what the hell? Baker and Jack Ike always seemed to be out of position, or had a play happen right next to them.

Weaver is pretty damn fast for a big man like himself. I was surprised when they let him run the ball himself...and when they threw it to him from shotgun.
              From what I could tell, the first sack he just got beat around the edge by Seymor (?), and on the second one he missed an assignment. He was helping out Cole when he should have been worried about his man, a different man, in this case Burgess. (I didn't even realize that was Burgess actually)

Buckley looked good, as he has in camp. Outshone by Shady, but shining in his own right, kind of like a star next to the moon. The more I watch him, the more I like his chaznces of making the squad, especially if he can keep his hands like he had last night.

Baker getting beat doesn't really surprise me, he never really did much in camp from what I saw. Ike got beat by Moss on that deep out, and I saw it right from the beginning, I said to my dad right after the snap that is was going to Moss, and it did. I don't remember much more from him, but I hope I can go back and check out the game again if and when it comes back on.

Weaver beasting doesn't surprise me at all. Him running and receiving are what he is. I've said it before, but he is the Brian Westbrook of FBs...
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I'm not sure what to make of the Vick signing yet, but initial reaction was crap... another talent in the NFC East to have to account for.

As if Dallas' run defense didn't have enough problems. Trying to account for Vick too will be an added nightmare. He will eat us alive. :(

...if he's the same guy.

But at the same time, the way the local Philly fans are taking it, it's like somebody drove a bus into their garage. I was filling up gas last night and had the radio on SportingNews radio. There were Philly fans on talking about how crushed they were about the signing. This morning... more of the same. They just sounded so mad, some so frustrated, some confused... Makes me think that maybe the worst thing for you guys about this signing is the circus that is now spotlighted in Philly. Nothing personal, but Philly fans have big, loud mouths and they wear their anger on their sleeves for everyone to see and hear. They love it that America looks at them as hard asses. They love feeling disgusted. They love taking that disgust and putting it on the teams they cheer for. They will hound a hated player like none other. They will bash a hated coach like none other. No matter the sport. If Vick is not accepted by the fans, the fans will rip that team up. ...and it's not even about production on the field. TO produced and they still hated him. It was his antics that they were fed up with. So even if Vick does have some highlight plays here and there, I'm not so sure he'll be quickly forgiven.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll be adored and accepted. But first things first... The circus is back in town in Philly and that is only a good thing for us NFC East rivals.
                I think you are overreacting as bit. When TO was here and playing well, he was loved, simple as that. When he started shooting off his mouth and became a problem, then the fans obvioulsy had a problem with him. As long as Vick isn't an A-hole and performs relatively well he will be just fine in Philly. There are the very few fans who have now abandoned the team because of this. Good riddance I say, our fan base is better off without those loud mouthed dickheads you speak of. A lot of fans like the move, some don't. Some will learn to like the move, and if Vick effs up, some will learn to hate the move, it is what it is. Those loud mouth fans you speak of are the minority, and they (here is the key thing) are too dumb to realize what they are doing, and most of it isn't forethought that they are going to put their disgust on the team. Once again, the few are what make the masses have a bad reputation. The Cowboys fans have a reputation as a whole for being ******** rednecks. Now I know for at least 95% of Cowboys fans that isn't the case, just like 95% of Eagles fans aren't loudmouth dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
                  We signed Vick last night but didnt something else happen last night too? Thats right it was the first preseason game as well. (Note I only saw up to midway through the third)

What I liked:
                  -Donovan's performance after the second drive.
                  -Everything Shady did
                  -Maclin Bouncing back from his muffed punt, Also his speed particularly on his first catch.
                  -Eldra Buckley performance even though I didnt see most of it but the stat sheet was good.
                  -The Olines Run Blocking.
                  -The use of a FB.

Not so much:
                  -First Team Olines Pass Pro specifically Peters.
                  -TE coverage was poor.
                  -The lack of pass rush.
                  First off, I agree with all of these, just adding some things...

Shady is and will be a beast. I honestly expected this type of performance out of him. Expect him to get even better.

If you are going to say Donovan had a good night, you must say Feeley had a good night as well. It really is obvious his complete understanding of our offense, and it came as an advantage last evening.

I am slowly leaning toward Buckley making the team over Booker. He just brings something to the table that Booker doesn't when you couple them with the rest of the backfield...

Very impressed by run blocking, maybe Andy will think about this during the season...

Weaver is a freaking monster, blocking, running receiveing, and special teams, he does it all. Great personality and a great individual as well. Already a fan favorite, and will become one even more once he gets to play.

Marcus Mailai had a good night at FB as well, but he stuck oout mostly on ST coverage...

Avant is amazing, his one first down catch on that quick slant should be hung up somewhere to show just how good his hands are. That ball was fired in there, and he pulled that baby in with just his hands, with his arms fully extended.

No suprise to most of us, Joe Mays played well. This is very important for the team.

Moise Fokou played pretty well also. McDermott likes him and says he has a shot at making the team. He showed us why last night.

We saw a bit of what Demps is becoming last night. He locked down most of the secondary and came up on that short slant to Moss and made that shoestring tackle. He will be very good this season, this I am also sure of.

The run D was as good as ever, with the exception fo that 17 yard run when NE was pinned deep in the fourth quarter.

Pass blocking was iffy, but that is because these groups haven't had much time together, pass blocking is what suffers most when you have new guys playing with eachother. I have a feeling our pass protection at the beginning of the season may suffer as a result of our O-linemen not being able to play much together as a group, but by mid-season, they should be fine as long as they stay healthy.

Red Zone offense with the first team sputtered again. This is something we will need to watch...

Pass rush was lacking, but keep in mind we are missing key contributors to our DL right now. Also something to watch.

Was it just me, or was the officiating real sloppy last night? Not they they missed calls, I thought they got calls right, but the head ref seemed unsure at times, and got a lot of calls wrong, called a block in the back on Macho Harris that wasn't on him, the almost flag on Brandon Gibson, as well as the ref not knowing whether he should call some penatlies on offense or defense. I guess its the preseason for them too, they need to get better, lol.

Comment

• With Vick's signing, I think this severely limits Brandon Gibson's chances of sticking with the team after Vick is able to come back, whenever that may be. Or would the team let go Feeley? Would they keep 9 OL instead of the usual 10? I'm not necessarily in favor of that, especially with the injuries to the OL right now, though none by themselves are serious. Would we keep 5 DEs instead of 6, or go with 3 DTs? This will be interesting to see how this pans out...

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      I think you are overreacting as bit. When TO was here and playing well, he was loved, simple as that. When he started shooting off his mouth and became a problem, then the fans obvioulsy had a problem with him. As long as Vick isn't an A-hole and performs relatively well he will be just fine in Philly. There are the very few fans who have now abandoned the team because of this. Good riddance I say, our fan base is better off without those loud mouthed dickheads you speak of. A lot of fans like the move, some don't. Some will learn to like the move, and if Vick effs up, some will learn to hate the move, it is what it is. Those loud mouth fans you speak of are the minority, and they (here is the key thing) are too dumb to realize what they are doing, and most of it isn't forethought that they are going to put their disgust on the team. Once again, the few are what make the masses have a bad reputation. The Cowboys fans have a reputation as a whole for being ******** rednecks. Now I know for at least 95% of Cowboys fans that isn't the case, just like 95% of Eagles fans aren't loudmouth dickheads.
                      Haha. I actually do think 95% of Cowboys fans are rednecks!!! I see them in the stands or I see them here during the Pro Bowl and I do a face palm everytime. hahaha.

I don't think I'm overreacting though. I think the world of Michael Vick, the player. It's Michael Vick, the person that I worry about and the effect he'll have with the controlling Philly fans and their strong opinions. I think that the fans could make the situation worse than it needs to be... and the media circus that is there could also be a huge distraction. At some point, the other players/coaches on the team will be like.... let's get back to football.

I just hope for the Eagles sake, that Vick doesn't flip the bird to a fan anytime soon. Why would I believe that though... we're talking about a guy who went to a strip club the night before meeting with Goddell. He's a saint. ;) lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                        First off, I agree with all of these, just adding some things...

Shady is and will be a beast. I honestly expected this type of performance out of him. Expect him to get even better.

If you are going to say Donovan had a good night, you must say Feeley had a good night as well. It really is obvious his complete understanding of our offense, and it came as an advantage last evening.

I am slowly leaning toward Buckley making the team over Booker. He just brings something to the table that Booker doesn't when you couple them with the rest of the backfield...

Very impressed by run blocking, maybe Andy will think about this during the season...

Weaver is a freaking monster, blocking, running receiveing, and special teams, he does it all. Great personality and a great individual as well. Already a fan favorite, and will become one even more once he gets to play.

Marcus Mailai had a good night at FB as well, but he stuck oout mostly on ST coverage...

Avant is amazing, his one first down catch on that quick slant should be hung up somewhere to show just how good his hands are. That ball was fired in there, and he pulled that baby in with just his hands, with his arms fully extended.

No suprise to most of us, Joe Mays played well. This is very important for the team.

Moise Fokou played pretty well also. McDermott likes him and says he has a shot at making the team. He showed us why last night.

We saw a bit of what Demps is becoming last night. He locked down most of the secondary and came up on that short slant to Moss and made that shoestring tackle. He will be very good this season, this I am also sure of.

The run D was as good as ever, with the exception fo that 17 yard run when NE was pinned deep in the fourth quarter.

Pass blocking was iffy, but that is because these groups haven't had much time together, pass blocking is what suffers most when you have new guys playing with eachother. I have a feeling our pass protection at the beginning of the season may suffer as a result of our O-linemen not being able to play much together as a group, but by mid-season, they should be fine as long as they stay healthy.

Red Zone offense with the first team sputtered again. This is something we will need to watch...

Pass rush was lacking, but keep in mind we are missing key contributors to our DL right now. Also something to watch.

Was it just me, or was the officiating real sloppy last night? Not they they missed calls, I thought they got calls right, but the head ref seemed unsure at times, and got a lot of calls wrong, called a block in the back on Macho Harris that wasn't on him, the almost flag on Brandon Gibson, as well as the ref not knowing whether he should call some penatlies on offense or defense. I guess its the preseason for them too, they need to get better, lol.
                        When I brought up Mays, I thought most of you were telling me that Gaither would be the man. *shrugs*

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          When I brought up Mays, I thought most of you were telling me that Gaither would be the man. *shrugs*
                          Incorrect sir...lol. I thought that the team may stick with Gaither initially due to his game experience, but I was at Training Camp the very next day and Mays was the starter. There never really was a question about him as an overall player though. As soon as I saw him with the 1st team D that day I knew he'd be fine...

Comment

• This is some stuff that I noticed.

Jason Peters struggled, he did fantastic in the run game but he struggled in pass protection. He let up 2 sacks and he let Tully Banta-Cain and Myron Pryor beat him, not exactly the Wares and Tucks of the world. He looked rusty, and I think he can get better because he did show flashes and he showed he can get upfield really well for a guy of 340 pounds. However, this quad injury is really proving to be an issue.

Max Jean-Giles looks really good, I saw him throw Myron Pryor to the ground early in the second quarter and then he threw his 350+ pound body into him and pancaked him. No pressure came from up the middle and he did a nice job run blocking. I get the feeling that he will be starting a lot this coming season due to Shawn Andrew's injury. Stacy will move to RT and Jean-Giles will start at RG.

Nick Cole didn't do as hot, he is definitely better suited for RG and not LG and it was fairly obvious that he and Jason Peters on the same side is not going to work.

Winston Justice seems to have turned a corner, aside from a holding penalty he did really well and hopefully that can continue because Justice is a gifted player.

Jamaal Jackson did very well against Wilfork and really limited his impact.

Shady McCoy, wow. He is good, he found creases everywhere on the field and showcased good vision. Not to mention, that screen play was Westbrook -esque, he showed patience and let his blocks develop and he followed them for a 19 yard gain.

Lorenzo Booker does too much dancing and not enough running.

Leonard Weaver looked great, he did well on lead blocks, he caught the ball, he ran the ball and he even performed on special teams. He really showed that he is the best FB we've ever had in the Andy Reid era.

The Eagles run defense may just be the best in the NFL this year. They held Laurence Maroney to less than 2.5 yards per carry. Bunkley played great as usual and he is fantastic in the run game but the only time I saw him get pressure was when he walked a double team into the backfield, Mike Patterson looks MUCH better than last season, he got off the snap faster, he stuffed the runs and shot some gaps. Combine them with Joe Mays and you have the Minnesota Vikings V.2, two good defensive tackles and a downhill MLB. Joe Mays did a fantastic job of filling gaps and forcing runs outside.

The Eagles REALLY need Trent Cole, the defensive ends did not look good without him.

Akeem Jordan looked really bad, he was getting destroyed in coverage and he didn't have any impact in the run defense, Gaither better capitalize on this if he wants to start.

Moises Fokou is a stud.

Sheldon Brown looked GREAT, he broke up a pass early in the game and then he stayed stride for stride with Randy Moss to make the interception.

I'm not going to lie, Quintin Demps did not impress he was almost invisible when he was out there.

Thats pretty much what matters to me, AJ Feely, Buckley and the rookies all did well for themselves.

Comment

• It should be noted that Jeremy Maclin racked up a grand total of 143 all purpose yards last night and he should've had more. He should've had 60 more yards, he had a 24 yard punt return called back and he had a sure 36 yard TD pass but there was defensive interference.

That is an impressive debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                This is some stuff that I noticed.

Jason Peters struggled, he did fantastic in the run game but he struggled in pass protection. He let up 2 sacks and he let Tully Banta-Cain and Myron Pryor beat him, not exactly the Wares and Tucks of the world. He looked rusty, and I think he can get better because he did show flashes and he showed he can get upfield really well for a guy of 340 pounds. However, this quad injury is really proving to be an issue.

Max Jean-Giles looks really good, I saw him throw Myron Pryor to the ground early in the second quarter and then he threw his 350+ pound body into him and pancaked him. No pressure came from up the middle and he did a nice job run blocking. I get the feeling that he will be starting a lot this coming season due to Shawn Andrew's injury. Stacy will move to RT and Jean-Giles will start at RG.

Nick Cole didn't do as hot, he is definitely better suited for RG and not LG and it was fairly obvious that he and Jason Peters on the same side is not going to work.

Winston Justice seems to have turned a corner, aside from a holding penalty he did really well and hopefully that can continue because Justice is a gifted player.

Jamaal Jackson did very well against Wilfork and really limited his impact.

Shady McCoy, wow. He is good, he found creases everywhere on the field and showcased good vision. Not to mention, that screen play was Westbrook -esque, he showed patience and let his blocks develop and he followed them for a 19 yard gain.

Lorenzo Booker does too much dancing and not enough running.

Leonard Weaver looked great, he did well on lead blocks, he caught the ball, he ran the ball and he even performed on special teams. He really showed that he is the best FB we've ever had in the Andy Reid era.

The Eagles run defense may just be the best in the NFL this year. They held Laurence Maroney to less than 2.5 yards per carry. Bunkley played great as usual and he is fantastic in the run game but the only time I saw him get pressure was when he walked a double team into the backfield, Mike Patterson looks MUCH better than last season, he got off the snap faster, he stuffed the runs and shot some gaps. Combine them with Joe Mays and you have the Minnesota Vikings V.2, two good defensive tackles and a downhill MLB. Joe Mays did a fantastic job of filling gaps and forcing runs outside.

The Eagles REALLY need Trent Cole, the defensive ends did not look good without him.

Akeem Jordan looked really bad, he was getting destroyed in coverage and he didn't have any impact in the run defense, Gaither better capitalize on this if he wants to start.

Moises Fokou is a stud.

Sheldon Brown looked GREAT, he broke up a pass early in the game and then he stayed stride for stride with Randy Moss to make the interception.

I'm not going to lie, Quintin Demps did not impress he was almost invisible when he was out there.

Thats pretty much what matters to me, AJ Feely, Buckley and the rookies all did well for themselves.
                                I agree with pretty much all of this except about Quentin Demps. He was back n coverage a lot, as he should be, and limitted the deep pass a lot when he was in, and he came up in run support a few times, as well as that tackle on Moss that I mentioned before. I am n ot worried about him at all.

I could also nitpick and say that Fokou isn't a stud, but he does look very, very solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information