This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smoke14 View Post
    So will Philadelphia let Gocong hit the open market or no?
    Not sure. The Eagles don't really place much value on the LB spots, so it is possible. It will depend on how he plays this year. I've always felt that'd be dynamite in a 3-4.

Comment

• According to Jason La Canfora the Eagles have worked out former Cowboy's TE Tony Curtis and he will be signed pending a physical.

Comment

• http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cov...shall-be-first

They seem really high on Jeremy Maclin after the Eagles v.s. Patriots game, I was as well because he looked good returning kicks and receiving, but last night was really quite the opposite. But I'll just show you what Footballs outsiders said about his first game.

If you count the pass interference penalty (and I certainly would -- Maclin had the touchdown unless he dropped the pass and Butler was just trying to prevent it), Maclin had three catches for 73 yards. Most of the yardage on his two actual receptions came after the catch. Through the preseason, I'd expect the Eagles to work him in with routes he finds familiar -- short stuff inside and downfield plays to break coverage. From what I've seen so far, Jeremy Maclin might be the threat McNabb's been waiting for.
        I'm not ready to say he is the weapon McNabb has been waiting for, but he has the potential. The first night he had the jitters at first but he shook them off, but he was not able to do that yesterday. Yesterday he looked as if he was thinking too much and it looked like he was afraid of being hit.

Comment

• Edit: my bad double post
          Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi; 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Vick to make his Eagles debut Thursday vs. Jacksonville!

Comment

• Woooooooooooooh.

Any more practice reports?
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Well I have heard sporadic news that has a majority of our players practicing, at least in non-contact drills, so that is great news.

A friend and I are going to the Jags game Thursday, got seats for 30 bucks each and we're going to enjoy that for sure. I can't wait, I've never been to the Linc before, so this is going to be an awesome experience for me.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Anyone watch the preseason game between the Ravens and Jets? LJ Smith missed about 5 or 6 blocks in a row and dropped a gimmie on 3rd down. He might be the worst position player in football.

Comment

• For those of you who think Dave is a homer...well he is, but I think he was able to contain himself about Vick. He was on the radio a day or 2 ago, talking about Vick. He was saying that yeah all the reports say he looks good, but that in non contact drills, and drills that aren't going game speed. He said I wouldn't be surprised if he does not fair to good, even though the reports say he is doing good.

Then I thought about, was like yeah all of the major contact drills ended when 2 a days were done, and then Vick signed, he should have signed earlier but he was smart enough to skip 2 a days.

Also lets have a moment of silence for Adam Dimichele getting cut...here he comes PS.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      For those of you who think Dave is a homer...well he is, but I think he was able to contain himself about Vick. He was on the radio a day or 2 ago, talking about Vick. He was saying that yeah all the reports say he looks good, but that in non contact drills, and drills that aren't going game speed. He said I wouldn't be surprised if he does not fair to good, even though the reports say he is doing good.

Then I thought about, was like yeah all of the major contact drills ended when 2 a days were done, and then Vick signed, he should have signed earlier but he was smart enough to skip 2 a days.

Also lets have a moment of silence for Adam Dimichele getting cut...here he comes PS.
                      Agreed, about Dave, he is a raging homer, but its what he is paid to do. If the people who hate on him all the time meet him in person when he doesn't have to talk up players, he tells you point blank who is garbage, and then why. I gained some respect for him at camp, but he lost a lot of it again during the preseason game with that hat, lol.

And DiMichelle won't make it on the PS. Did anyone see his throws? They are flat out trash, he has no zip on the ball, wierd throwing motion, and he can barely throw a spiral. I was going to comment on Thumper saying he looked pretty good, but it isn't really worth it for a guy who had no legitmate shot at making the team. DiMichelle does not have a career in the NFL, in any capacity.

Comment

• I doubt Vick looks too great tomorrow, but is anybody expecting that? He hasn't played football in two years.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          I doubt Vick looks too great tomorrow, but is anybody expecting that? He hasn't played football in two years.
                          Its wierd, I've been thinking to myself that this is kind of like a player coming back from major surgery. People covering the teams will make a big deal out of a guy missing two seasons with injury, but it seems this is getting some kind of extra attention. (obvioulsy) I kind of expect it to be a game where a player is returning from extended time missed due to injury...

I'm not expecting great things now, but we will definitely see glimpses I feel.

Comment

• His only real throw was a good one with lots of zing. He ran once, it was too short to see anything as he slid before defenders nailed him.

Comment

• I'm getting extremely nervous about our defense. No one has really shown anything in preseason games besides Asante, Mikell, and Sheldon.

Comment

• Came across this on youtube...

Say what you want, but you guys loved him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzhUi...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information