• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    Ben Watson would be great.
    Yes, but we already have Ingram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
      Yes, but we already have Ingram.
      We do not have him. He re-tore his ACL for the second time in two years and is now on IR. Backing up Brent Celek are the world beaters Matt Schobel, Rob Meyers and Tony Curtis.

Getting Ben Watson would be fantastic. And it is possible he is the 4th TE on the Patriots roster after Chris Baker, Alex Smith and David Thomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        We do not have him. He re-tore his ACL for the second time in two years and is now on IR. Backing up Brent Celek are the world beaters Matt Schobel, Rob Meyers and Tony Curtis.

Getting Ben Watson would be fantastic. And it is possible he is the 4th TE on the Patriots roster after Chris Baker, Alex Smith and David Thomas.
        What I meant is that we already have one injury prone pass catching tight end so we don't need another one. I do like Watson though, I just wish he could stay healthy.

Comment

• Feeley to NE a no-go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
            Feeley to NE a no-go.
            According to Schefter and that is it.

I don't know though, New England's back-up is a UDFA, I think the Eagles are the ones who backed out, they like Meyers and Curtis and Vick is out for 2 weeks.

I think there was something to it, the Patriots liked Feeley.

Comment

• The eagles get down to 53 - http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Glad to see Booker and Schobel gone.

Comment

• ESPN.com says the Eagles signed TE Ben Patrick and LB Jason Phillips

I don't know about this though... Ben Patrick is suspended for steroids and Jason Phillips is a rookie out of TCU who is REALLY similar to Joe Mays

Comment

• I remember when I wanted Ben Patrick over Brent Celek. lol

Comment

• I love how Eldra Buckley made the team. He was pretty good in preseason and made some plays special teams wise.

I dont like how we kept Dimitri Patterson over Jack Ikegwuounu. Im also a bit pissed Bryan Smith was released after being our 3rd round draft pick in 2008.

Comment

• Still no official word on Patrick or Phillips, but there is a new signing.

The Eagles have signed former University of Miami Defensive Tackle Antonio Dixon. You may remember him as the DT who is a huge underachiever, big time talent but not a good work ethic. He stands at 6'3" and 325 pounds. He will be taking AJ Feeley's roster spot for now.

Comment

• Apparently Jason Phillips was put on Baltimore's IR list and Ben Patrick is still on the Cardinals roster but is suspended for the first 4 games for using Aderall. I'm pretty sure that was false.

Comment

• Here is how the offense...http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=18632

and defense...http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=18629

look for the final roster, as of now.

A change since the pages were put up are that Feeley is cut and DT Antonio Dixon is now on as our 4th DT.

Dixon is a bigger DT who can help spell Bunk at NT and will help against the run. He has been a disappointment pretty much his entire career, but he should be a solid part of the rotation for us.

I think when Vick is activated, it will spell the end for one of the 7 (!) WRs on the roster right now, most likely Reggie Brown.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I think that Baskett is out when Vick is activated. Baskett is useless, he is deepthreat but Maclin, Jackson and Curtis are better deep threats, his advantage is his height and he is not as good a possession receiver as Brandon Gibson, Jason Avant or even Reggie Brown.

Reggie Brown is the #2 X receiver, Baskett is the 3rd string Z receiver I believe. People forget that Reggie Brown was actually a decent receiver before DeSean Jackson showed up and he still produced last year when given an opportunity.

Also:
                            Eagles Practice Squad is:

WR Danny Amendola, G Paul Fanaika, G Mike Gibson, and TE Rob Myers.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Vick?

I think his passing will improve under McNabb and Reid, no doubt. The pick wasn't even a risky pass.

And Jaws said he looked slow, but I thought he looked rather fast for only playing a few weeks.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Jaws is just bitter because Vick took his number. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information