This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    I think that Baskett is out when Vick is activated. Baskett is useless, he is deepthreat but Maclin, Jackson and Curtis are better deep threats, his advantage is his height and he is not as good a possession receiver as Brandon Gibson, Jason Avant or even Reggie Brown.

Reggie Brown is the #2 X receiver, Baskett is the 3rd string Z receiver I believe. People forget that Reggie Brown was actually a decent receiver before DeSean Jackson showed up and he still produced last year when given an opportunity.

Also:
    Eagles Practice Squad is:

WR Danny Amendola, G Paul Fanaika, G Mike Gibson, and TE Rob Myers.
    You also must take into account the value of special teams as well. Reggie adds no value to special teams, and Baskett has been one of our more consistent special teams players. Both Baskett and Reggie bring the same things to the table that we already have in other receivers, so I think talking about that is kind of a moot point.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• True, I forgot to account for his special teams skills... I still think aside from that he is useless.

Comment

• This is why I think we should keep Baskett around...

Comment

True, I forgot to account for his special teams skills... I still think aside from that he is useless.
          I think with his contract situation, it makes it a tad easier to keep him, plus the team wants to see some of Mrs. Baskett this season, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
            This is why I think we should keep Baskett around...

It's only showing up as a red X, but I think I know where you're going with this...

Comment

• Hey everyone, take a look at our starting free safety!

So Macho Harris beat out Quintin Demps, I am highly disappointed in Demps more than I am impressed with Harris. Demps was supposed to be an athletic ball hawking safety and now look. He was Jim Johnson's personal project and now he isn't starting. Best of luck to Macho Harris.
              Last edited by Thumper; 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Damn Macho must be pretty impressive, I still wasn't all that convinced by Demps, other than using his speed to cover lots of ground he didn't really make an impact on me. Thats why I was kind of pulling for Sean Jones, but Harris must have done hell of a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  Damn Macho must be pretty impressive, I still wasn't all that convinced by Demps, other than using his speed to cover lots of ground he didn't really make an impact on me. Thats why I was kind of pulling for Sean Jones, but Harris must have done hell of a job.
                  Jones is way to slow to play FS IMO. Harris isn't great by any measure right now, but for a rookie who is making a move to FS from CB to be starting he must've made huge amounts of progress. From what I can tell Harris is a fairly vocal guy, he is aggressive and he plays with passion, and that made the difference. Demps is probably a tad bit more athletic and faster than Harris but he isn't aggressive and he lets the game come to him, he is not vocal and he doesn't play with passion. Lets hope Harris can really step it up against Carolina where he will have the dubious task of helping stuff/cover DeAngelo Williams and cover the deep half against the likes of Steve Smith and company.

In a few weeks I would expect to see Mikkell moved to FS and Jones starting at SS.

Comment

In a few weeks I would expect to see Mikkell moved to FS and Jones starting at SS.
                    I would have expected that this week with the ground game that Carolina has it would be good to have Jones playing in the box.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Machooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No, he didn't dominate the combine. No, he wasn't always diciplined. But he is a a football player! He is a playmaker! He is a leader!

Beast.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I called it first! :D

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                        That's Macho Harris, who after last night I think has a better shot at being the long term answer at FS than Quintin Demps.

Comment

• Obviously I'm surprised by this, Demps was looking pretty good in camp and at tiems in the preseason. Macho made his big push in the 4th game though, and I guess it paid off for him. Well either way I think we are good at our safety spots, but I think eventually we will see that move, putting Mikell at FS and Jones at SS.

Comment

• "It's not a me-and-Peppers deal, it's a team thing. But since you asked about the individual battle, I'm a beast too. Let the beasting begin."-Shawn Andrews

This is why I love linemen, lol.

I hope he is ready, it seems he is, so I can't wait to get this going...

Comment

• I like the Macho move. Obviously, Demps will get PT as well, but Macho can line up at corner, nickel or FS. It's always nice to have versatility.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information