X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles | Sh. Andrews out for Week 1
    Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:20:55 -0700

Jeff McLane, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles OT Shawn Andrews (back) has been ruled out of the team's Week 1 game.

WTF Shawn why can't you stay healthy???

Comment

• In addition to Shawn, Joe Mays and Todd Herremans are out, and Brian Westbrook is probable.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        Eagles | Sh. Andrews out for Week 1
        Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:20:55 -0700

Jeff McLane, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles OT Shawn Andrews (back) has been ruled out of the team's Week 1 game.

WTF Shawn why can't you stay healthy???
        They're just being cautious with him. I anticipate he'll be back next week, if not, week 2.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Hate to be a kill joy, but McNabb is out 2-4 weeks with a broken rib.

Comment

• It also says he can play. It'll definitely be interesting if he can go (his decison plus team decision) in these games.

Comment

• I say he takes off the Saints game and then comes back. I'm not taking the Saints lightly, but I think this is the one game he can afford to miss. The Saints dont have a great defense, so just use Westbrook, LeSean, Weaver, etc. and we should be able to put a couple points on the board. Lets hope our defense can create pressure and stop the Saints passing O.

Comment

• Macho Harris actually didn't screw up and he was in nice position every time I saw him but the rest of the secondary was in best mode so he didn't really have shot. He tipped the ball that Sheldon Brown intercepted. We will see him next week, good or bad I don't know yet but he will be tested because you can bet Sean Peyton is going to try to find ways to isolate him.

I'm looking forward to a chess match next week between McDermott and Peyton, should be interesting to see who comes out on top. The schemes we saw this week will be different and Sean can afford to bring more pressure because now the Eagles do not have to stay at home against the run against Reggie Bush, Mike Bell and Heath Evans who are not going to scare anyone.

Instead they can send a few extra guys, expect to see more of the Okie package. Just so you know that package is the package that Trent Cole lined up at MLB for.

From what I can tell the idea of this package is to create confusion along the offensive line. The goal from what I can tell is to get the tackles on the guard which leaves two men on for the center to block and in all likelihood at least one end would penetrate the middle. It was interesting to say the least and the offensive line looked like they knew what was coming which tells me they've seen the package before which means we might be seeing a lot of this package.
                I wrote that on another site back in August (after watching flight night and I was talking about the Eagles offensive line) and here is what Trent Cole said today.

"Going through the middle like that, the center blocked the other defensive end, so it created a hole and my eyes just lit up."
                I really hope that next week the Eagles control the ball with the offensive line, Westbrook, Shady and Weaver because the more opportunities you give Brees and the Saints the worse. And I don't think the Eagles will win if the Saints offense gets going now that McNabb is gone because I do not believe it possible that Kolb leads a comeback.
                Last edited by Thumper; 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Macho Harris actually didn't screw up and he was in nice position every time I saw him but the rest of the secondary was in best mode so he didn't really have shot. He tipped the ball that Sheldon Brown intercepted. We will see him next week, good or bad I don't know yet but he will be tested because you can bet Sean Peyton is going to try to find ways to isolate him.

I'm looking forward to a chess match next week between McDermott and Peyton, should be interesting to see who comes out on top. The schemes we saw this week will be different and Sean can afford to bring more pressure because now the Eagles do not have to stay at home against the run against Reggie Bush, Mike Bell and Heath Evans who are not going to scare anyone.

Instead they can send a few extra guys, expect to see more of the Okie package. Just so you know that package is the package that Trent Cole lined up at MLB for.

I wrote that on another site back in August (after watching flight night and I was talking about the Eagles offensive line) and here is what Trent Cole said today.

I really hope that next week the Eagles control the ball with the offensive line, Westbrook, Shady and Weaver because the more opportunities you give Brees and the Saints the worse. And I don't think the Eagles will win if the Saints offense gets going now that McNabb is gone because I do not believe it possible that Kolb leads a comeback.
                  Harris had a good enough game, didn't make many huge plays (besides the tip, and that almost INT), but as you said didn't have any costly mistakes and was in position whenever I saw him as well. He missed a few tackles, probably due to being tentative, but consider the RBs who he was up agaisnt, two of the best at breaking tackles in the NFL. Overall a solid performance.

That will be interesting to watch. And if McNabb doesn't play, or is majorly affected by the injury, it will be the most important factor in deciding who wins.

The offense had an almsot equal run/pass ratio, but when your up as much as they were, you'd hope that's the case. The Saints secondary is considered a weakness, and I expect the Eagles to test it no matter who is at QB. But I would like to see some major clock usage in order to lessen the Saints opportunities. Either way don't expect Brees to replicate what he did this week. Our secondary is almost infinitely better than the Lions'.
                  Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 09-14-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• I think they should rest McNabb until after the bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                      I say he takes off the Saints game and then comes back. I'm not taking the Saints lightly, but I think this is the one game he can afford to miss. The Saints dont have a great defense, so just use Westbrook, LeSean, Weaver, etc. and we should be able to put a couple points on the board. Lets hope our defense can create pressure and stop the Saints passing O.
                      I'm praying he can play against the Saints. The Saints are going to score points no matter what, and we need a qb at the helm who can answer. Since Kolb has never thrown a TD, I'm really hoping McNabb can play, but with a flak jacket to help protect his ribs.

What is so annoying is that we didn't really NEED that TD when he ran it in, he got injured for practically nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                        I'm praying he can play against the Saints. The Saints are going to score points no matter what, and we need a qb at the helm who can answer. Since Kolb has never thrown a TD, I'm really hoping McNabb can play, but with a flak jacket to help protect his ribs.

What is so annoying is that we didn't really NEED that TD when he ran it in, he got injured for practically nothing.
                        I hope he can play as well, but it is really difficult to tell how things will go right now. McNabb has shown he has a high threshold for pain before, so I expect it'll be a gametime decision.

I agree we didn't need that TD. But if he would've slid at the two then all the rabid annoying stupid Eagles fans would be calling for his head.

Comment

• Eagles just signed QB Jeff Garcia.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• I was expecting us to sign a veteran QB like that. I'll tell you I'm a lot more confident with Garcia in there than with Kolb. Welcome back Jeff.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Eagles just signed QB Jeff Garcia.
                              Great move, he knows the offense and has a rapport with a majority of the players here, plus Philly loves him for leading the Eagles to the playoffs.

So who starts Kolb or Garcia? Undoubtedly this means Reggie Brown is gone and the Eagles will carry 4 QBs in McNabb, Vick, Kolb and Garcia. Great group.

Also I think this means that McNabb won't be playing until after the bye week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Great move, he knows the offense and has a rapport with a majority of the players here, plus Philly loves him for leading the Eagles to the playoffs.

So who starts Kolb or Garcia? Undoubtedly this means Reggie Brown is gone and the Eagles will carry 4 QBs in McNabb, Vick, Kolb and Garcia. Great group.

Also I think this means that McNabb won't be playing until after the bye week.
                                I liek the move, figured it'd either be him or Feeley.

I say Garcia will start... Bye bye Reggie

And I agree, say hello to McNabb week 5...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information