Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia starts week 2, if he can pick things up pretty quick.

Week 3 a combo of Garcia and Vick, though more Garcia, Vick gets like 8-10 snaps.

McNabb comes back after the bye.

Comment

• Best move Philly could've done, but I would be far from at ease. I knew age and injury would hamper McNabb, but not this soon. There's a long season ahead. Hopefully McNabb recovers quickly and can continue to drive the Eagles Train.

Comment

• Eagles put Baskett on the block

Comment

• Eagles put Shawn Andrews on IR

Sign Jon Runyan!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            I liek the move, figured it'd either be him or Feeley.

I say Garcia will start... Bye bye Reggie

And I agree, say hello to McNabb week 5...
            Few questions.

1. Say Garcia goes undefeated in the next 4 games McNabb is back to about 90% you keep Garcia at the helm?

2. Am I the only one who thinks that this Garcia signing is really a statement about Kolb?
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Andy Reid said kolb is starting this week. Garcia IS #2

Comment

• The Garcia signing (just like the Vick signing) is an indictment on Kolb's readiness (or even potential to be) the starting QB for the Eagles. I'm not sure they are completely down on Kolb because this team is in a position to win now, and Kolb clearly isn't ready to walk in and win games for this team. Garcia has proven that he can win in this scheme, so he was a "season saver" for the Eagles.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• And no matter what happens with McNabb, if he is healthy, he is the starter for the Eagles. Period. He gives them the best chance to win every week when he is healthy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    And no matter what happens with McNabb, if he is healthy, he is the starter for the Eagles. Period. He gives them the best chance to win every week when he is healthy.
                    Agreed, and I think Shawn being on IR hurts. Not so much because of our depth, but it hurts. I'm not sure whether they will now slide Stacey out and put Cole/ MJG in at RG, or keep with Justice at RT. Based off of his performance week one, I wouldn't be surprised if Justice stays the RT...
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I really hope they cut Shawn now, after the season ends. Stacey has the most experience at RT. At guard there is plenty of experience since Andrews missed last season as well.

Comment

• I still feel like Shawn doesn't really want to play football. I remember when I played football, the best way to avoid being injured was to play hard and keep your head in the game, but as we know Shawn has had motivational problems, problems with depression, and he hasn't really been healthy since. He got hurt during preseason, came back for a week in practice, and got hurt again. Just my two cents.

Comment

• With his contract, I'm not sure if the team can really afford to cut him at this point. Obviously, when he's right, he's one of the best, but I'm not sure the team can really afford to rely on him. Luckily, they have enough depth to see their way through this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            With his contract, I'm not sure if the team can really afford to cut him at this point. Obviously, when he's right, he's one of the best, but I'm not sure the team can really afford to rely on him. Luckily, they have enough depth to see their way through this.
                            Agreed, and cutting him would make very little sense for the Eagles. What if the motivation he needs is a team cutting him? Then he comes back to rip us apart with another team? Right now I say the reward of having him here if he gets his stuff figured out is worth keeping him.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• What does your OL depth chart look like?

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Agreed, and cutting him would make very little sense for the Eagles. What if the motivation he needs is a team cutting him? Then he comes back to rip us apart with another team? Right now I say the reward of having him here if he gets his stuff figured out is worth keeping him.
                                Not really, pretty much gave him free money for 2 years straight. You can't keep draging around dead weight thinking something will come of it, eventually you got to cut and move on.

If he gets cut and finds the motivation good for him, if he doesn't good for the Eagles. If cutting him is the motivation, well he isn't going to do good not cutting him. Always can settle on agreement, rather than cut him when March comes.

I thought about trade first, but who is gonna take a guard/tackle who has missed 2 years straight with ? injuries. The doctor's cleared him but he says it hurts, so all you can do is IR him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information