This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Andrews had no legitimate value for any team to trade for him and for the Eagles to recoup on his potential. Coming off back surgery, no team was going to risk a big pick for that salary.

It is certainly likely that Andrews doesn't come back to that level ever again, but he's also still pretty young and has a lot of skills. He could have value, but I would prefer if the Eagles restructured his contract to make him earn back his money...
    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    As for Westbrook, the guy can be explosive, but he's now 30 and really isn't good to play in 16 games every year. For the money he's making, it's hard to guarantee that much more. Even though he's a FA after next season, the team can still pay him money and keep him if they want...
    Agreed on all fo the above...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Since McNabb probably wont play this week or if he does he clearly wont be 100% and when ever this happens Andy decides to run the ball alot more (look back to to 06) so I think its real possibility depending on the first few drives that we could have a 55-45 Run-Pass ratio or even 60-40. Once again this is depending on how the first few defensive series look. Also remember (cliche alert) if Brees isnt on the field he cant score points .

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Originally posted by camp_eagles View Post
        Since McNabb probably wont play this week or if he does he clearly wont be 100% and when ever this happens Andy decides to run the ball alot more (look back to to 06) so I think its real possibility depending on the first few drives that we could have a 55-45 Run-Pass ratio or even 60-40. Once again this is depending on how the first few defensive series look. Also remember (cliche alert) if Brees isnt on the field he cant score points .
        Yup yup.

I'm hoping we decide to run this type of gameplan as well, it not only fits the personnel best, but like you said, will limit the Saints offense's opportunities.

Comment

• The Eagles definitely don't want this to be a shootout. I agree. They are at their best rotating their D in, then using the O to kind of dominate the pace and time of possession. The Saints have a certain rhythm on O, and the Eagles want to control that timing by controlling the clock and making them desperate and reckless when they get opportunities.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The Eagles definitely don't want this to be a shootout. I agree. They are at their best rotating their D in, then using the O to kind of dominate the pace and time of possession. The Saints have a certain rhythm on O, and the Eagles want to control that timing by controlling the clock and making them desperate and reckless when they get opportunities.
            If the game is a shootout, they will lose, we need this to be a clock management style of offense, utilyzing our OL and our three great options to run the ball with. I saw Buckley was activated for last weeks game, but only played on ST. I think if we adapt more of that running approach, we may see him get a few carries, like 3 or 4.

Comment

• I think this will be an "all hands on deck" style of running attack. Weaver, McCoy, West, and maybe even Buckley will get their shot. However, I can easily see the Eagles coming out and throwing deep off PA the first offensive snap in an effort to open up some room. Clearly Kolb would also need this to gain confidence.

I think that the Eagles CAN win this game, but in order to do so, they will need to execute perfectly.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I think this will be an "all hands on deck" style of running attack. Weaver, McCoy, West, and maybe even Buckley will get their shot. However, I can easily see the Eagles coming out and throwing deep off PA the first offensive snap in an effort to open up some room. Clearly Kolb would also need this to gain confidence.

I think that the Eagles CAN win this game, but in order to do so, they will need to execute perfectly.
                Agreed, they will need great execution on offense and a great style of attack on defense, also executed very well.

Comment

• Will be all about turnovers. They need some big plays to change this game.

Comment

• I say its more about the defense slowing them down and our offense running the ball consistently with success, which can be done, though turnovers would certainly help, lol.

Comment

• Is it out of the question to expect 40 carries?

Comment

• I would say 25-30 touches for Westbrook, plus another 5 for both Buckley and Weaver. Maybe McCoy gets into the action, but I would expect his pass protection skill to be lacking. Rookie RB's tend to have that issue...

Comment

I would say 25-30 touches for Westbrook, plus another 5 for both Buckley and Weaver. Maybe McCoy gets into the action, but I would expect his pass protection skill to be lacking. Rookie RB's tend to have that issue...
                          That's what mant were expecting as well. I saw first hand that pass pro is not an area where we need to be too worried when it comes to Shady. Buckley needs the most work in pass pro by far, fortunately.

Comment

• I've noticed it ever since the preseason, pretty sure I've said it before, but if I haven't...

Ellis Hobbs needs to get off the field. He is constantly getting beat at CB, and today he is the reason for the change in momentum that led to the Saints run. In the third quarter. I realize he isn't the only one at fault, but I haven't liked him from the beginning and maybe I'm just letting frustration out.

Demps was a sure handed returner and didn't have anything like Hobbs did today. Hobbs redeemed himself, partially, with his return later on, but Demps seemed much better back there. Maclin isn't a kick returner in the NFL, punts or kickoffs, you can see he just doesn't have the decisiveness right now. I would like to see more of Demps in as the Kick returner.

As far as CB goes, Hobbs isn't that good. I can understand why Rivers called him the worst starting CB in the NFL. He probably was. We need to see Hanson in there more and less of Hobbs.

Comment

• That wasn't the same Eagles team, not even close.

Last week the defense was creative, they blitzed, hurried throws and played good coverage. Asante Samuel shut down Steve Smith, Bunkley and Patterson anchored the middle of the defense against the best RB duo in the NFL. This week? Asante Samuel was abused repeatedly, Mike Bell torched the inside of the defense, there was no creativity and little blitzing.

It was an awful outing by Sean McDermott and the defense.

On offense Kolb looked like he is a salvageable project who might just be the future QB. Sure he made bad decisions later on but he did a good job through 3 and 1/2 quarters of getting the ball moving. His accuracy needs some touching up but you can definitely see what the Eagles saw in him when they drafted him, he is mobile, he has a rocket launcher for an arm (seriously he was throwing some bullets).

I absolutely loved what was happening on offense and I don't think I'd ever seen anything like it in the NFL. It was wildcat every other play it seemed like with DeSean Jackson getting the ball in every way the offense could get it to him. And all of you remember that crazy offensive scheme called the A-11 offense? If you don't it is below, the Eagles ran a play of that.

Overall it was like watching the Florida Gators or Oklahoma Sooners go to work, only the offense made them seem like pro-style offenses. There were so many gimmick plays it was just crazy.

DeSean Jackson had a great game, he did it all and he fought for tough yards. The only mistake he made was fielding a punt inside the 5 which led to 2 blocking penalties and resulted in the Eagles starting their drive at the 3 yard line.

Also, it is kind of sad but Westbrook is not Westbrook. It was apparent today that he is running out of gas. He wasn't the same in the open field and there were a couple plays where in years past he would've had bigger gains but the defender stopped him. He injured his leg as well so you know that Shady McCoy is going to see extended time next week to limit Westbrook's workload.

Overall the loss of this game goes on the shoulders of the defense, who went MIA and did absolutely nothing to stop Drew Brees and the Saints offense, they were nothing more than a speed bump for the Saints offense.

Macho Harris is playing deep, this is a fundamental change to the defense. In other years Brian Dawkins was used as the ultimate weapon at FS but Harris is being sheltered right now, he blitzed a couple times but other than that he was in deep coverage all game ala Taylor Mays or Ed Reed. He had his moments where he looked good like when he tackled Jeremy Shockey in the open field to stop him short of the first down marker but there were other times where he would go for the knockout and not wrap-up like the TD he gave up to Heath Evans. Overall I like what I see, he is athletic and he likes to throw himself around but he is still learning the defense and he needs to wrap-up.

The Eagles were just a step slower today and now I think they needed that loss to knock them down a few levels because they came out and didn't seem ready to play, like they were going to be handed the win.

On to next week when the Eagles play the Chiefs which should be an easy game for the Eagles. But you never know because we haven't seen the real Eagles team just yet,are they the dominant team that destroyed the Panthers or are they the crappy team that was ripped apart by the Saints? We'll see.

Comment

• Maybe it just a combonation of stuff, last week Eagles D playing great, and Panthers sucking. This week Saints just clicking, Eagles D not playing up to the awesome game last week.

Hopefully last week shows how great they can be if its clicking and and this week shows this is the worst it can get. Hopefully they find a way to play consistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information