Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF reallly, he retires in about 2 weeks maybe 3.

There was no one else to play MLB?

Comment

• Trotter knows the basic system already and the guys in the locker room. The coaches are comfortable with him. Not the worst move...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Ehh, its not really a great move IMO, but this is most likely definitevly the end of Garcia this season...
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
            Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.
            how does his mind feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.
              I still don't think he will come out and make a big difference for us, but if he is here for depth and to spark competition, there really isn't anything wrong with it I guess.

Comment

• I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.
                  If you are wrong, so am I, because I agree. I'm just not sure hwo this is really going to make the team that much better...

Comment

• Like Bsaza said, at worst he is a great leadership presence to have in the locker room that we lack since Dawk left.

Comment

• http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ed-nfc-special

DeBeast is the NFC STPOTM.

Comment

• Who's starting at FS? Demps or Macho?

I thought Demps was going to have a big year, but from what Ive heard, he has been disappointing.

Comment

• Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.
                            Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
                              That's the only reason I want him on the active roster. Ever since watching him plow over Gostkowski I have liked him as a return man. I didn't think he was ready for the starting job after the season ended and Dawk left. Sure he showed flashes, but not enough to warrant letting Dawkins go. Thank god we have Macho he has been a very pleasant surprise so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy,
                                Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
                                Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information