X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-get-healed/

Take it away, PFT...

Only one player missed practice due to injury.

Absent was guard Todd Herremanns, who has been battling a foot injury.

All other injured players fully participated in practice: receiver Kevin Curtis (knee), safety Quintin Demps (hamstring), cornerback Ellis Hobbs (illness), guard Max Jean-Gilles (shoulder), tackle Winston Justice (hamstring), quarterback Donovan McNabb (rib), cornerback Dimitri Patterson (hand), and running back Brian Westbrook (ankle).

Coach Andy Reid has said that McNabb and Westbrook will start on Sunday.
    Happy panda.

Comment

• I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.
        Im going to have to go ahead and disagree I will admit it Westbrook has lost a bit more than a step but to completely remove him from the Offense would be dumb. I would prefer something like a 60-40 or 55-45 split of Wesbrook - Shady over completely giving the job to Shady

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

• Wasn't Westbrook pretty good last season?

He lost a step that fast?
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.
            He just screwed up, he went out like he had the job on lockdown, he underachieved in the pre-season and then he mouthed off to the coaching staff about not being announced the starter yet. Then, Macho Harris was doing just as good and playing with more passion so the coaches said "WTF? Lets give it a shot" and it is working. And then you add in a couple penalties and all of a sudden, Macho Harris is starting over Demps and Sean Jones has his active roster spot.

Comment

• Yup yup. Macho Harris!

Love it.

If he can make it through his first season he will become a real player for y'all. He is a natural playmaker and leader, so people saying he is now just playing his role is good to hear.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.
                I honestly think we should have Demps back at returner. I've said it before about him, but he has that return style of a downhill runner and is sure handed. Hobbs isn't. And based off of what I've seen from Maclin in the preseason and so far, he does not have a future as a returner in the NFL.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
                  Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
                  Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
                  Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
                  Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
                  Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
                    Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
                    Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
                    Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
                    Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
                    Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.
                    I agree with everything except the bold. Tupou didn't prove anything this pre-season and they just signed Stacy Andrews to a multi-year deal. When he's fully healthy it's his job. Nick Cole also has the upper hand over Tupou.

Comment

• Woah, Stacy Andrews isn't playing because he was benched for sucking, not because he isn't healthy. And just so you know there is a one year opt out deal in his contract for that reason alone.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...ers-deals.html

Stacy's contract was reported to be a staggering (for a guy coming off of knee surgery who as it turned out was going to be moved to guard) 6 years and $38.7 million. But the Eagles didn't put in much guaranteed money. In fact, "all" they are on the hook for during 2009 is $1.62 million of base salary, a $3 million roster bonus, and a $500K workout bonus, for a total of $5.12 million. They also put in a $31,250 per game appeared in roster bonus, for a potential additional total of $500K. The remaining 5 years of the deal are worth about $32.9 million. If the Eagles decide to move in another direction, they are off the hook for that money in its entirety.
                      Both he and his brother should be gone next year IMO. And if either Nick Cole or MJG leave in free agency, Tupou might become the starter because neither have performed well this year.

Comment

• Reid, Eagles have started negotiations

Comment

• And... Maclin explodes!

6 catches 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. That is exactly what he was brought in to do, he made no mistake all game. He looked like a stud out there today. But he doesn't get all the credit, DeSean was doubled all game which allowed Maclin to get open. So, we're one step closer to having a deadly WR duo where the opposing teams have to pick their poison.

Maclin and Jackson FTW! I'm super excited.

Comment

• Easy guys. Maclin exploded over terrible DB's, but yes this is obviously a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                              Easy guys. Maclin exploded over terrible DB's, but yes this is obviously a good sign.
                              Still better than Curtis.

Comment

• I cant believe the immediate production we are getting from this years draft. I honestly only expected it from McCoy but Maclin is looking good especially for a WR coming from the spread into our system and after missing alot of TC. Macho is starting and doing well, and Fokou is playing ST's.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information