Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who's playing Center for you now? What will your starting 5 be?

    Did you see Jay Ratliff's 2 sacks last night? ;)

    Comment


    • I think Gibson did better the first game he played for the Rams.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Who's playing Center for you now? What will your starting 5 be?

        Did you see Jay Ratliff's 2 sacks last night? ;)
        Probably Nick Cole, I don't think any of the other guys can slide over. If there was an injury at guard or tackle its different, then guys can shuffle around.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Who's playing Center for you now? What will your starting 5 be?

          Did you see Jay Ratliff's 2 sacks last night? ;)
          From left to right: Peters, Herremans, Cole, Jean Gilles, Justice.

          It's a pretty good backup like rightside. I expect Ratliff to get some pressure, but Jean Gilles is a mauler in the run game

          Comment


          • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            From left to right: Peters, Herremans, Cole, Jean Gilles, Justice.

            It's a pretty good backup like rightside. I expect Ratliff to get some pressure, but Jean Gilles is a mauler in the run game
            How is the balance of your pass vs run anyways? I'd guess that you pass most of the time, but is that a correct assumption? You guys have an OL built to run, but do you run all that much?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              How is the balance of your pass vs run anyways? I'd guess that you pass most of the time, but is that a correct assumption? You guys have an OL built to run, but do you run all that much?
              58/42 in favor of the pass.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                We're going to see what could have been in the coming years. He's going to be a beast and we're going to have Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis on our roster, to me that's depressing ****.
                Oh noez. I guess we'll just have to settle for DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and Brent Celek as our primary pass-catchers. How will we ever survive?

                Bitching like this about who your No. 5 WR is is ******* ********. Who gives a ****? Cutting Curtis is nearly impossible with his contract, and crying about who catches Brown's 9 catches seems a bit trivial, to say the least.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Who's playing Center for you now? What will your starting 5 be?

                  Did you see Jay Ratliff's 2 sacks last night? ;)
                  Apparently you didn't know Nick Cole has started for two years running at OG so he isn't exactly a new comer to the offensive line and he won't be taken advantage of like other back up centers I know ;)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Apparently you didn't know Nick Cole has started for two years running at OG so he isn't exactly a new comer to the offensive line and he won't be taken advantage of like other back up centers I know ;)
                    Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

                    This weekend can't come fast enough!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

                      This weekend can't come fast enough!
                      Ratliff is TEH SEX.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

                        This weekend can't come fast enough!
                        Yep! It really can't! Eagles division championship can't come fast enough! ;)

                        Comment


                        • Anyone else think that this might be Stacy Andrew's big chance? A big signing who because of injury never really got to work with Juan Castillo in the offseason and he has really struggled because of it this season. Is Jamaal Jackson's injury his way in? Because now Nick Cole is moving to C which means he is abandoning his RG spot which leaves Max Jean-Giles and Stacy Andrews at RG, can Stacy beat out MJG this week?

                          And Mike McGlynn hasn't really had his shot yet and he is now the back-up C behind Nick Cole until the Eagles add someone so lets say Nick Cole gets abused by Ratliff (don't think that will happen) does McGlynn get moved to C? Is this a possible break for him? He was picked kind of high and he is a key back-up because he could play all 5 spots if it came down to it and he was a stud RT at Pitt, so I think that he could be at least decent at C.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Oh noez. I guess we'll just have to settle for DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and Brent Celek as our primary pass-catchers. How will we ever survive?

                            Bitching like this about who your No. 5 WR is is ******* ********. Who gives a ****? Cutting Curtis is nearly impossible with his contract, and crying about who catches Brown's 9 catches seems a bit trivial, to say the least.
                            It only takes one injury.

                            If DeSean Jackson gets hurt right now, look what we're left with. A rookie, a slot WR with good hands but doesnt always show up, and a somewhat consistent pass catching TE.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                              It only takes one injury.

                              If DeSean Jackson gets hurt right now, look what we're left with. A rookie, a slot WR with good hands but doesnt always show up, and a somewhat consistent pass catching TE.
                              A rookie who's outperforming Jackson's rookie year, a slot guy who always shows up but somehow gets ignored a lot, a "somewhat consistent TE" with nearly 900 yards and 9 touchdowns, and three RBs who can all catch the ball out of the backfield.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Ratliff is TEH SEX.
                                That is the only way to put it. Ratliff will make his plays, but not because Cole (or MJG) isn't a good linemen, its because he is a monster, and guys as good as him always find time to make plays.

                                Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                A rookie who's outperforming Jackson's rookie year, a slot guy who always shows up but somehow gets ignored a lot, a "somewhat consistent TE" with nearly 900 yards and 9 touchdowns, and three RBs who can all catch the ball out of the backfield.
                                YES! Though I agree it would still be nice in a way to still have Gibson, most of us here, and most of the organization understand his value as a #4 WR at best, isn't nearly that of having a starting calibur MLB or WLB. Even though Gibson is starting calibur, we have too many weapons ahead of him that decrease his value.

                                Oh yea, and Celek is a beast, I <3 him. I love watching him and Weaver with the ball in their hands.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information