Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think many people have thought of that one. Move Sheldon to S, then draft a CB? That would have been a better move than trading him away.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
      ****!

Part of me is happy about this. Hopefully the front office realizes our defense is **** next year and fires Sean McDermott. Leslie Frazier plz
      Bad news. If Sean McDermott isn't an Eagles I can almost guarantee that Dick Jauron is the defensive coordinator next season. That means the Eagles would be running some variation of the Tampa 2.

And the pieces are being put into place for the switch as well, you know just preparing so it won't be a crapshoot. In the secondary, Marlin Jackson, Macho Harris and Asante Samuel are all great fits in the cover 2, they traded away a man to man cover guy in Sheldon Brown, they brought in Darryl Tapp who played Tampa-2 in Seattle, Alex Hall is a long lanky LB who is a DE/LB guy who would play DE in a Tampa-2. The Eagles linebackers (Jordan, Bradley, Fokou, Gaither) are good fits for the defense and if the defensive tackles could dominate if the Eagles moved to a 1 gap scheme and let Bunkley, Patterson and Laws loose all three of whom are better in a 1 gap scheme than a 2 gap scheme. Demps would be a decent Tampa-2 safety and Mikell would be a good Tampa-2 SS. The pieces are there if the switch is made, especially after the Eagles brought in Tapp, Jackson and Hall.
      Last edited by Thumper; 04-02-2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• It seems like it was not long ago that we had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor playing CB. Then we went and drafted Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brow, Michael Lewis in the same draft. And now none of these guys remain.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
          It seems like it was not long ago that we had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor playing CB. Then we went and drafted Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brow, Michael Lewis in the same draft. And now none of these guys remain.
          NFL sure is a rough business...they chew em up and spit em out.....

Comment

• Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
            NFL sure is a rough business...they chew em up and spit em out.....
            NFL...Not For Long

Comment

• NFL = No fun league

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Derrick Gunn has posted on his Facebook, that McNabb might stay and we might see Kolb traded.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• That'd be a shock. If that's the move then is Vick the future? If anything we should deal Donovan or Mike Vick.

Comment

• That won't happen and that isn't my Kolb bias talking. If that was the case there would definitely be more of that buzz around the league but that has yet to even be seriously discussed. I think its quite clear based on stuff coming from the Eagles and around the league that McNabb has one foot out the door.

McNabb didn't show up to conditioning, Vick and Kolb did. Kolb is staying, I would bet anything on that.

Comment

• Yeah thats the most logical, but my Dmac bias, would have me thrilled. Although, I dont see that happening. By the way your avatar rocks.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Get Asante Samuel off this god damn team right now. I can't even explain how pissed I am at him. Oh...

Alright here is the story, http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...t_be_easy.html

Andy Reid says:
                        "I think Asante knows he needs to have a better year than what he had, even though he was a Pro Bowler," the Eagles coach said. "As good a player as he is, he can be even better. And I think that's the way he's handling the offseason."
                        and Asante Samuel responds...
                        http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...594&feedID=692
                        “The whole team needs to improve from the front office, to the head coach to the players”.
                        Asante Samuel **** you.

Comment

• **** I just got an infraction im so ******* mad!

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
                            **** I just got an infraction im so ******* mad!
                            Why did you get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Why did you get it?
                              I avoided censor on the word doddle...On your post, now that im upset. Asante you have to shut the **** up, you little *****! Cut your stinky wanna be Jamaican hair and learn how to tackle. Get physical with the WR's and please learn how to cover Miles Austin, if you want to continue being a bird. P.S. Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I'm not seeing what's wrong with Samuel's quote. What part of it isn't true?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information